JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I guess I'm not seeing the current argument of shortages in ammo....? For the last few months or so, I can go just about anywhere and their shelves are stocked with everything you'd ever need.

I guess I do not need what you need. I can not find 22lr subsonic except for a few boxes of Remington which is some really sad crap I would not use in my guns unless it was the last ammo available ever. Hardly any brass locally, my purchases online are backordered, the local supply of primers is still sickenly low and rationed and most types of canister grade powders are still not aviable locally either. I live west of Seattle.

Ranb

I guess I do not need what you need. I can not find 22lr subsonic except for a few boxes of Remington which is some really sad crap I would not use in my guns unless it was the last ammo available ever. Hardly any brass locally, my purchases online are backordered, the local supply of primers is still sickenly low and rationed and most types of canister grade powders are still not aviable locally either. I live west of Seattle.

Ranb

It's the same in the South Sound. if you want birdshot we got plenty, though :confused:

This is hilarious...not to start a fight but here is exactly what is happening...

- They are shutting off the ammo supply to keep old guns from being shot..
- They will shut off the new gun supply by new regs
- Then they will go after the old guns out there...

The military and police will enforce it because they do what they are told and will want to keep their jobs and not go to jail.

The people that are too scared to go to jail, lose their stuff, go on the lamb, which is about everyone, will give up their guns, just like Australia.

We live in a world of talk by a bunch sheep..internet tough guys that if a guy with a badge shows up, they would hand over their guns in a minute.

Sorry but that is the truth.

They cannot take my guns if "we" are not where they think "we" are, can they? I'll deal with the coming scenario on my own terms ;)

This whole post is based on misunderstanding the supply and demand nature of the market. You are alluding to devious government plots to undermine supply when in reality the suppliers themselves are the ones to blame. Why increase supply (which increases your material costs, labor costs, taxes, and other expenses) when you can decrease supply and drive up prices.

Let's say it cost one cent to make each bullet. In a market where they are readily available it sells for two cents. If you bust your butt and make 1,000,000,000 bullets you will make $5,000 profit of a lot of hard work and a huge amount off expenses ($5,000). If you can decrease supply and then charge five cents per bullet you can drop production by half (500,000 bullets) and make a profit of $25,000 on a lot less work and half the initial expense ($2,500). That increases your profit by a factor of five and your profit to cost ratio by a factor of ten. Who wouldn't do it that way?

This is another example of blaming the government for something big business is doing.

Except that I have inside info that proved to me that the feds are leaning on ammo manufacturers to limit civvy production..in order to keep federal contracts. And the feds are slowing up imports, as well

It seems everyone and their brother has "proof" of this or that. What separates the men from the boys is the willingness to show the evidence to support those claims.

Ranb

It seems everyone and their brother has "proof" of this or that. What separates the men from the boys is the willingness to show the evidence to support those claims.

Ranb

My next door neighbor's brother in law works for a major ammo manufacturer and spilled the beans to him. I've known my neighbor for 10 years and he's not a conspiracy kinda guy, far from it

He lives out of state and I do not know him, personally.. it's a brother in law of my very reliable, good guy neighbor. It was the first I had heard of this, but the import situation had me suspicious

It is often funny how businesses that are profitting from market manipulation do not actually state they are doing it. It is almost like they think their customers would get ticked. ;)

Somehow it is always the father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate that has the information about the conspiracy. It never fails. :)

Ranb

It is often funny how businesses that are profitting from market manipulation do not actually state they are doing it. It is almost like they think their customers would get ticked. ;)

So your answer to government conspiracy is corporate conspiracy? Did all of the ammo manufacturers get together and pinky swear that they were all going to sell only a specific amount of ammo at a specific price? How did they get the out-of-country manufacturers to agree? Or isn't it the manufacturers? Is it the wholesalers? Are the big ones in cahoots and sitting on all of the imports and current domestic production so they can maximize profit? :s0131:

So your answer to government conspiracy is corporate conspiracy? Did all of the ammo manufacturers get together and pinky swear that they were all going to sell only a specific amount of ammo at a specific price? How did they get the out-of-country manufacturers to agree? Or isn't it the manufacturers? Is it the wholesalers? Are the big ones in cahoots and sitting on all of the imports and current domestic production so they can maximize profit? :s0131:

All of that would be "price-fixing" which is illegal under anti-trust laws, because it is basically stealing/lying... and our government would NEVER be a part of something that was illegal, nor would it steal from or lie to the citizenry... would it? :D

Could it be all of the above, if they wish to play the fed game?

I know that you guys love to argue or anything, but do you realize that this was posted nearly 5 months ago?

You have to love thread resurrections :D

I know you like to bury your head in the sand regarding some things but do you realize the topic is still current?

Have you noticed what has happened to the prices for copper, lead and othe rmetals in thw world market? The nickel content of a US Nickel is now worth $.06. Do you suppose this has any effect on the cost of ammunition? Did you notice the scarcity of gun powder? Do you suppose this has any effect? Or maybe its a cospiracy of all the lead and copper miners in the world!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top