JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
More of a federal constitutional republic. I was inferring that the above poster was perhaps thinking 'democracy' in regards to his assertion. That's why I said something about loosely defined.

We are a Republic that allows democratic votes in some clearly defined ways

The true term would be a Constitutional Republic. The feds have usurped many powers reserved to the States

The Only real powers the feds have under the Constitution is to wage war, secure our borders and collect tariffs, and the USSC can decide Constitutionality of laws. That's it!

A woman asked Ben Franklin when he exited the Constitutional Convention after the document was complete: "Dr Franklin, what form of government have you given us?"

Dr Franklin said: "A Republic, if you can keep it"..

First off you guys need to wake up to the following...

In a near world wide depression, ammo manufacturers would be falling all over themselves to feed the US appetite for ammunition...despite the BS statements that domestic ammunition manufacturers are going 'night and day' to stock non-existent ammo shelves at Walmart, to evidentely supply non existent customers, 'somewhere' else...it shouldn't stop cash strapped Israeli, Russian, Mexican, South African ammo suppliers from being imported...but strangely enough...that ammo has dried up too.

The military stopped supplying brass for no reason, but then started supplying again due to political pressure, but that supply has dwindled to the point where it's almost non-existant...

Amazing how primers dried up...easy to manufacture, millions can be made a day....powder is now going dry...bullets are hard to find....Lake City is starting to not supply brass to civvies....

The fact that 300 mil guns exist in the US means that you can't ban guns already in circulation but you can cut off the ammo..and for you 'end of worlders' out there...in a firefight...if you haven't got tens of thousands of rounds of ammo...you will be out by the end of the day....

By regulatiing small arms, through treaties, that means that imports are cut off, ammo is cut off, parts are cut off....

Since they have alread cut off domestic supply, imports being next...inside of ten years your guns will go the way of the linotype, and Edsel...no ammo to feed them....

At first this will be used to cut off the terrorists, FARC in Columbia, and rebel organizatons, but once those guys are starved out of guns and ammo, then they bascialy get everyone down to airguns and slingshots as well..

This might sound stupid...but injectible microchips are now a reality and becoming more accepted for 'medical records, bill payments ect'.....once your 'chipped' tracking through scanners at every door and through GPS cell phone adapted scanners is next...

No guns, no ammo, cell phone, microchip tracking...is now a reality.

Barack Hussein Obama is NOT king. He can not ratify any treaty without approval of 2/3s of the US Senate as per the "ratification clause" of the US Constitution. So everyone calm done and find some real threat to get all exorcised about. If you doubt my veracity, Google "ratification clause".

You mean like it takes that same majority to get a bill through the house and senate..... like the Healthcare bill........

And you actually feel that two thirds of the present congress wouldn't ratify ???????

You couldn't get 2/3 of the Senate to agree on lunch! Do you remember how difficult it was to get 60 votes for cloture? For the math challenged, 2/3 of the Senate is 67. Have you seen an Assault Weapons Ban Resolution that even made it out of Committee since the other one sunsetted? No, because the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution has become the new litmus test for politicians as Abortion usde to be. No politician who wants to keep his job will advocate for banning guns. And only those who represent inner city ghettoes will advocate restricting firearms. In case you haven't noticed, the number of "we love our guns" Congressional districts has them way outnumbered. If you disagree with your Congressman's stance on gun rights, then volunteer for his opponent and open your wallet.

Now don't get me wrong, I believe in the entire Constitution and I have put my life on the line to defend it. I have never rescinded that oath and will NOT.
On the other hand, I have no time for the money grubbing crooks who attempt to terrify me while asking for my money. That kind of behavior is reprehensible. We have too many anxious citizens holding dynamite to have some chicken little prostitute running around with a flaming torch.

It's time for calm rational thought and less emotional panic stricken rhetoic.

That's just my thought.

This is hilarious...not to start a fight but here is exactly what is happening...

- They are shutting off the ammo supply to keep old guns from being shot..
- They will shut off the new gun supply by new regs
- Then they will go after the old guns out there...

The military and police will enforce it because they do what they are told and will want to keep their jobs and not go to jail.

The people that are too scared to go to jail, lose their stuff, go on the lamb, which is about everyone, will give up their guns, just like Australia.

We live in a world of talk by a bunch sheep..internet tough guys that if a guy with a badge shows up, they would hand over their guns in a minute.

Sorry but that is the truth.

I found plenty of ammo for fair prices at Walmart yesterday. Two weeks ago, I bought Winchester .38 Spc ammo at Bi Mart for $.28/ round. So I can only tell you what has happened in the immediate past. I don't know how you can predict the future, but if you can, you must be very wealthy.
That's the truth I see. Check it out and tell me how I can verify your truth, please.

First off you guys need to wake up to the following...

In a near world wide depression, ammo manufacturers would be falling all over themselves to feed the US appetite for ammunition...despite the BS statements that domestic ammunition manufacturers are going 'night and day' to stock non-existent ammo shelves at Walmart, to evidentely supply non existent customers, 'somewhere' else...it shouldn't stop cash strapped Israeli, Russian, Mexican, South African ammo suppliers from being imported...but strangely enough...that ammo has dried up too.

The military stopped supplying brass for no reason, but then started supplying again due to political pressure, but that supply has dwindled to the point where it's almost non-existant...

Amazing how primers dried up...easy to manufacture, millions can be made a day....powder is now going dry...bullets are hard to find....Lake City is starting to not supply brass to civvies....

The fact that 300 mil guns exist in the US means that you can't ban guns already in circulation but you can cut off the ammo..and for you 'end of worlders' out there...in a firefight...if you haven't got tens of thousands of rounds of ammo...you will be out by the end of the day....

By regulatiing small arms, through treaties, that means that imports are cut off, ammo is cut off, parts are cut off....

Since they have alread cut off domestic supply, imports being next...inside of ten years your guns will go the way of the linotype, and Edsel...no ammo to feed them....

At first this will be used to cut off the terrorists, FARC in Columbia, and rebel organizatons, but once those guys are starved out of guns and ammo, then they bascialy get everyone down to airguns and slingshots as well..

This might sound stupid...but injectible microchips are now a reality and becoming more accepted for 'medical records, bill payments ect'.....once your 'chipped' tracking through scanners at every door and through GPS cell phone adapted scanners is next...

No guns, no ammo, cell phone, microchip tracking...is now a reality.
This whole post is based on misunderstanding the supply and demand nature of the market. You are alluding to devious government plots to undermine supply when in reality the suppliers themselves are the ones to blame. Why increase supply (which increases your material costs, labor costs, taxes, and other expenses) when you can decrease supply and drive up prices.

Let's say it cost one cent to make each bullet. In a market where they are readily available it sells for two cents. If you bust your butt and make 1,000,000,000 bullets you will make $5,000 profit of a lot of hard work and a huge amount off expenses ($5,000). If you can decrease supply and then charge five cents per bullet you can drop production by half (500,000 bullets) and make a profit of $25,000 on a lot less work and half the initial expense ($2,500). That increases your profit by a factor of five and your profit to cost ratio by a factor of ten. Who wouldn't do it that way?

This is another example of blaming the government for something big business is doing.

Last Edited:
This whole post is based on misunderstanding the supply and demand nature of the market. You are alluding to devious government plots to undermine supply when in reality the suppliers themselves are the ones to blame. Why increase supply (which increases your material costs, labor costs, taxes, and other expenses) when you can decrease supply and drive up prices.

Let's say it cost one cent to make each bullet. In a market where they are readily available it sells for two cents. If you bust your butt and make 1,000,000,000 bullets you will make $5,000 profit of a lot of hard work and a huge amount off expenses ($5,000). If you can decrease supply and then charge five cents per bullet you can drop production by half (500,000 bullets) and make a profit of $25,000 on a lot less work and half the initial expense ($2,500). That increases your profit by a factor of five and your profit to cost ratio by a factor of ten. Who wouldn't do it that way?

This is another example of blaming the government for something big business is doing.

You know how much I hate to agree with you :p but this is exactly the way I see this also. This was market manipulation plain and simple and so long as the market allows itself to manipulated there will be someone willing to do so. This is just like the ammo scalpers we had here after the election only on a larger scale.

You would never make it in the business world...

Let's say your an ammo manufacturer right now...and don't have you head stuck in the sand, actually got through one year of college...maybe one biz class, and have some common sense...

A Walmart buyer comes up to you says 'we are dry of ammo..could you sell us some'

Under your logic, you wouldn't.

I've made it in the business world for the past 30 years how about you?

Let's say your an ammo manufacturer right now...and don't have you head stuck in the sand, actually got through one year of college...maybe one biz class, and have some common sense...

A Walmart buyer comes up to you says 'we are dry of ammo..could you sell us some'

I would strongly disagree the scarcity model is used very often and it brings results look at the marketing model for all things in the home gaming world (xbox playstation) creating and artificial scarcity leads to sell out panic buying at whatever cost they demand and that is exactly how it played out with ammo.

Read this thread and tell me that the market isn't being manipulated. Lets see if you can find the manipulation and the big players

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=1018169

Huh??? Did that makes sense to anyone else?

Are you trying to relate third party sales to production? They do sell the product to Wal-Mart. They just sell them half as much for five times the cost. They still make their money. And as long as no one else is mass producing they will be fine. Ammo productions is such a small and close knit market they can easily determine production.

If I am one other person owned the only two bars in town we could both just agree to sell beers for $15 each and make a killing. We would not try to undercut each other because as the only two bars in town we would each have more customers than we could handle and would have no need to lower prices or compete.

Last Edited:
I guess I'm not seeing the current argument of shortages in ammo....? For the last few months or so, I can go just about anywhere and their shelves are stocked with everything you'd ever need. As well as I've even noticed some prices going down on ammunition.... As much as I don't trust the Gov't, I'm not seeing the conspiracy to choke out our ammo supplies.... Could just be me though?...

Funny...so I guess the Walmarts / Bimarts in Lane County are the only stores that are empty of ammo...is that it????

Sometimes when I read these threads I get to thinking that maybe the govt is right...people should have their guns taken away, they should be chipped like pets...they should work all the time to pay for the govt expenditures...

Hhhhmmmm.... Just putting down my personal experiences, but I guess since it doesn't line up with yours, I need to be chipped and have my guns taken away? Sorry, you're right, I was lying. Every store I've gone into hasn't had ANY ammo at all. My apologies for making up stories. You're right.

Funny...so I guess the Walmarts / Bimarts in Lane County are the only stores that are empty of ammo...is that it????

Sometimes when I read these threads I get to thinking that maybe the govt is right...people should have their guns taken away, they should be chipped like pets...they should work all the time to pay for the govt expenditures...

Wow! :huh:

:s0112::s0112::s0112: You being from lane county I am nt surprised at your sympathies:s0112::s0112:

jj

I have a friend in Missouri that stops by Sierra bullets on a regular basis. He says Sierra is making more bullets per week than at any time in their history.
He is friends with someone in management there, and claims they are working at max capacity, 2 shifts per day.
And they are still apologizing for supply delays, so think what you will.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top