JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Barack Hussein Obama is NOT king. He can not ratify any treaty without approval of 2/3s of the US Senate as per the "ratification clause" of the US Constitution. So everyone calm done and find some real threat to get all exorcised about. If you doubt my veracity, Google "ratification clause".

And you actually feel that two thirds of the present congress wouldn't ratify ???????

:D:D Odd, now the liberals want to regulate what goes into the closet. :s0112::s0112:

jj
I am a liberal and believe me...the last thing I want to know about is what goes on in your closet. You keep that freaky-deeky stuff to yourself. :)

PS: I read the linked article and I somehow missed all the hysterical blathering about banning all guns or side stepping the 2A. Don't tell me that was just hyperbole injected by a biased reader?

Right in front of the United Nations buiding in New York City is a statue of a revolver with its barrel twisted in a knot. This symbolizes the UN's anti-gun policy. The UN does not want any of its subjects (that's what it considers us to be) to have any form of firearm and when the time is right, the anti-gun weight of the entire world will fall on all Americans who have guns.

Right in front of the United Nations buiding in New York City is a statue of a revolver with its barrel twisted in a knot. This symbolizes the UN's anti-gun policy. The UN does not want any of its subjects (that's what it considers us to be) to have any form of firearm and when the time is right, the anti-gun weight of the entire world will fall on all Americans who have guns.

Not true at all. The statue represent an end to bloodshed and war. It is a tribute to peace and non-violence. Not an anti-gun monument. It was donated by Luxembourg ten years ago, this piece was created by the Swede Fredrik Reuterswärd and is called 'Non-Violence'.

I say bring it. I will use them.

Not true at all. The statue represent an end to bloodshed and war. It is a tribute to peace and non-violence. Not an anti-gun monument.

Unfortunately, it's appalling symbolism, regardless of its intent.

And frankly, if its intent is to symbolize an "end to bloodshed and war," then it fails. When was the last time anyone used a revolver in war? A revolver has never been a primary war weapon, and people associate a handgun like a revolver a lot more with either the Wild West or street crime than with war.

If you want an anti-war statue, this one in front of the UN is much better, odd though it is considering the donor:

<broken link removed>

Good symbolism, without the liberty-robbing undertones.

This is not a joke....

The joke is on MKenn. The article he links to does not support his accusations. This reduces his post to the level of spam. Try again harder next time Mkenn. Remember, actual evidence to support your accusations can really work. :)

Ranb

why is this guy still president? I figured he would have been romoved before things get too bad.

I think you folks fogot who the last president was, mr. wars for nothing (kiss that 1.5 trillion goodbye), give the country to the rich, and don't regulate anything.

I know you folks just can't wait to put the party that can be bought all at once for a single check back in power.

Not true at all. The statue represent an end to bloodshed and war. It is a tribute to peace and non-violence. Not an anti-gun monument. It was donated by Luxembourg ten years ago, this piece was created by the Swede Fredrik Reuterswärd and is called 'Non-Violence'.

Yep. The artist was a close friend of John Lennon and made the "piece" after Lennon was assassinated.

an end to bloodshed and war?

bologna.

A symbol means what you take it to mean....irrespective of what the "artist" intended. That's why they call it "art".

You don't see a broken spear or broken knife...there is no praise for Ghandi posted. You don't see a military weapon...you see a revolver.

There is no celebration of over 200 years of peaceful transition of power by the oldest continuous government on the planet (Yes, America).
There is not even acknowledgment of the FACT that the UN is sitting in the most progun and yet most free major power on the planet (yes, America).

To assert that that statue is not about elimination of guns is simply absurd. A child would spell it out for you.

To have is posted in front of the UN...in the heart of NY...the greatest city in the world and try and frame the argument that the UN is not about exactly what that symbol looks like it's about.....is bullbubblegum.

an end to bloodshed and war?

bologna.

A symbol means what you take it to mean....irrespective of what the "artist" intended. That's why they call it "art".

You don't see a broken spear or broken knife...there is no praise for Ghandi posted. You don't see a military weapon...you see a revolver.

There is no celebration of over 200 years of peaceful transition of power by the oldest continuous government on the planet (Yes, America).
There is not even acknowledgment of the FACT that the UN is sitting in the most progun and yet most free major power on the planet (yes, America).

To assert that that statue is not about elimination of guns is simply absurd. A child would spell it out for you.

To have is posted in front of the UN...in the heart of NY...the greatest city in the world and try and frame the argument that the UN is not about exactly what that symbol looks like it's about.....is bullbubblegum.

Getting a little off topic here, but the U.S. is maybe the oldest continuous democracy, if you define that term loosely. She's certainly not the oldest continuous government.

Getting a little off topic here, but the U.S. is maybe the oldest continuous democracy, if you define that term loosely. She's certainly not the oldest continuous government.

The USA was not created a democracy, but a Republic

A democracy is the worst possible form of government, as men from the time of ancient Greece have clearly stated

Here's GOAs take on another treaty (LOST) and what powers a treaty has over the BORs

<broken link removed>

No more cheap ammo.. =[
I'm sure a few years after we'll produce our own.. So no more Glocks..Or the Saiga line of rifles/shotguns?

Too bad, I liked buying 500 rounds of polymer coated .308 for only $180..
Buy it cheap and stack it deep.

Name an older one.

An older, continuous government? Here's a few that go back a bit further than 1789, not necessarily in any order:

The December 2009 issue of National Geographic Magazine has this quote at p.141: "...the Holy Community - the world's longest continually functioning parliament -..." This in reference to the self-governing peninsula of Mount Athos, off northern Greece. It has been occupied by a community of Christian monks, who eventually built their first large monastery in 963.

Iceland's form of government was created in the 11th Century.

The Isle of Man

Britain's current form of government started around 1707.

The Iroquois Nation may have started around the 11th Century as well.

The USA was not created a democracy, but a Republic

A democracy is the worst possible form of government, as men from the time of ancient Greece have clearly stated

Here's GOAs take on another treaty (LOST) and what powers a treaty has over the BORs

<broken link removed>

More of a federal constitutional republic. I was inferring that the above poster was perhaps thinking 'democracy' in regards to his assertion. That's why I said something about loosely defined.

An older, continuous government? Here's a few that go back a bit further than 1789, not necessarily in any order:

The December 2009 issue of National Geographic Magazine has this quote at p.141: "...the Holy Community - the world's longest continually functioning parliament -..." This in reference to the self-governing peninsula of Mount Athos, off northern Greece. It has been occupied by a community of Christian monks, who eventually built their first large monastery in 963.

Really? Ancient Greek Christians? GO Christians!

Iceland's form of government was created in the 11th Century.

The modern parliament, called "Althing" or "Alþingi", was founded in 1845 as an advisory body to the Danish king.

The Isle of Man
Since 1866, the Isle of Man has been a Crown Dependency and has democratic self-government.

Britain's current form of government started around 1707.
They had a little upheaval in 1776 because they were ruled by a king....you might remember that.

The Iroquois Nation may have started around the 11th Century as well.
Really? Where's the border? ....come on.....

How about I rephrase it? America is the oldest continuous government on the planet that is recognizable.
So the next time some Euro trash freak looks down his nose at you for being so contemptably common...slap him and tell him he's a young punk. :s0155::)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top