JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
With all the controversy and scandals swirling through DC right now, plus the still fresh rejection of all federal level gun control measures, Obama knows that signing right now is not politically prudent. But make no mistake, he WILL sign it before his term expires.

Besides, the signing ceremony conflicted with his tee time at the club.

E

If he does sign it, it will only be symbolic as it won't pass the 60% needed in the Senate. The treaty calls for an international registry.

I am saying he wont so lets hold onto this thread til the end of his term and see who is actually right.

James Ruby

I hope that you are right, but I can't see it not happening. What makes you so sure he won't sign it? Everything I see points to him signing it at some point before he is thrown out.

Edit: Well, I can see one reason why he wouldn't sign it. Then he might get into more trouble internationally for giving guns to drug lords...

If he was going to do so he would have already done it - at the end of the election he will be impacting the new democratic candidate with a failure as it will never make it through congress - who wants to add another failure to thier party.
For his party's sake it is best that he does it as soon as possible after the mid term elections and he knows it wont go through - its not because he doesnt want it to go through but rather because he doesnt want to show yet another failure.

James Ruby

With all the controversy and scandals swirling through DC right now, plus the still fresh rejection of all federal level gun control measures, Obama knows that signing right now is not politically prudent. But make no mistake, he WILL sign it before his term expires.

Besides, the signing ceremony conflicted with his tee time at the club.

E

He also needs a little time to get children to use as props during the signing ceremony.

Sarcasm son. That's Nobamas favorite saying right there,,,
He doesn't have a monopoly on that phrase. Libs use it to limit our freedoms every chance they get. BTW if this gets signed and passed and implemented, how would it effect a joe 6pack like myself? No foreign gun parts or what?

He doesn't have a monopoly on that phrase. Libs use it to limit our freedoms every chance they get. BTW if this gets signed and passed and implemented, how would it effect a joe 6pack like myself? No foreign gun parts or what?

No foreign gun parts, no foreign guns, no surplus weapons or ammo and full registration of all firearms. Raw materials that can be used to make firearms in the US will be tracked and records kept of what was used, how much and who the end user is (that's buyers, and records = registration)

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top