JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That could be applied to any defense round. Concern for over penetration would be my lawyers counter point.
yes, but it does happen. See the case of Harold Fish, was convicted in a righteous shoot in part because he was using a "extra deadly" 10mm. The less counter points your lawyer has to present to the jury the better they could be heavily biased.

I replied above too soon but yeah, traditional slugs are already effective. Im just cautious of using the rounds but its moot to me because of the price. I also dont have a defensive shotgun anyways...

interesting round though.

Make them in .410 and I might have to buy a judge.

Those are awesome.

the price really isn't that bad for something that wickedly awesome.
It's not like your going to buy a 1000 rds for plinking.

Make them in .410 and I might have to buy a judge.

Those are awesome.

the price really isn't that bad for something that wickedly awesome.
It's not like your going to buy a 1000 rds for plinking.
That right there would be an awesome combination, a Judge loaded with these alternating between .45 LC's... Might be a very effective home defense weapon...

I wonder about some of the newer bullets for the .45! I wonder if a fella was to load something like a Leigh Hy or an Underwood in a .45 Colt and took it up to full rifle specs, I wonder what that bad boy Could do? Load these up in a Circuit Judge and go to work, man that would be a Nasty rig!

yes, but it does happen. See the case of Harold Fish, was convicted in a righteous shoot in part because he was using a "extra deadly" 10mm. The less counter points your lawyer has to present to the jury the better they could be heavily biased.

I replied above too soon but yeah, traditional slugs are already effective. Im just cautious of using the rounds but its moot to me because of the price. I also dont have a defensive shotgun anyways...

interesting round though.
The best thing to do then is not use any gun to protect your family o_O . Just like people saying not to use handloads for SD. Sir I used what believed would stop the threat to my family the fastest and best so I didn't have to shoot any more times than necessary. If your lawyer can't figure this out with a little coaching get anew one. And BTW these type projectiles are available for hand guns already. Again I haven't figured out how to link on this pos

View attachment 291419View attachment 291420
I hope those O rings are more than neoprene
From the AllOutdoor article (http://www.alloutdoor.com/2016/04/14/oath-12ga-tsr-slug/)
The TSR slug uses polymer driving bands to reduce chamber pressure. The wasp-waisted slug shows excellent accuracy in cylinder bore. 6″x6″x16″ gel blocks used for testing were reliably hit at 50 yards from a smoothbore shotgun. Precision manufacturing pays off in consistency.

Look how they cut the headstamp into the case:

oath_12ga_headstamp_DSC7364web-660x660.jpg

Call me old fashioned, but for self-defense at the range for which a shotgun is intended, I am going to stick with 00 buckshot. Its been killing bad guys dead just fine for over 100 years and I see no reason to spend $7 per round for a high-tech gimmick.

Call me old fashioned, but for self-defense at the range for which a shotgun is intended, I am going to stick with 00 buckshot. Its been killing bad guys dead just fine for over 100 years and I see no reason to spend $7 per round for a high-tech gimmick.
I haven't tried to find any yet, and I do have some 00 buck. Maybe if I lived in a worse neighborhood. Then again, when I did live in a bad neighborhood, I probably wouldn't have spent $7 per round on ammo - I was saving up to move to a better neighborhood.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top