JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
<broken link removed>

Seems Bloomberg isn't content to just villify his neighbors! Now he's sending agents to make buys at gun shows in AZ!!

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Feedback Score" is low by 4, not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
WAC member
SWWAC member

That piece of excrement needs to keep him and his stench in new york. Can't wait till the people of that state flush him down the drain and be done with him once and for all!

MSN has removed the link from their site but the one I posted still works.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
WAC member
SWWAC member

I assume Bloomberg did this after eliminating crime in the city and gold plating their sidewalks. Otherwise it's a waste of money.

But this piece of dirt can let his city crews slide on not clearing the streets of snow and letting a few of his own citizens die as a result. Not to mention his own words of capitalizing on the Arizona shooting, what a piece of crap.

Breaking the law is not a loophole.

Bloomberg sends people to buy guns out of state and it's showcased as a loophole.

An Ohio man tries to sell some guns out of state and he's looking at Federal PMITA Prison time.

Laws, like taxes, are for the little people.

<broken link removed>

Imagine what he'd do if he was President.

I read this & was really ticked-off. What do Arizona gun laws have to do with N.Y.?? Nothing. This guy needs to mind his own business.

Were these "investigators" residents of Arizona? Because, I didn't think you could buy handguns in other states FTF if you weren't a resident. Did they break the law?

Imagine what he'd do if he was President.

I read this & was really ticked-off. What do Arizona gun laws have to do with N.Y.?? Nothing. This guy needs to mind his own business.

Were these "investigators" residents of Arizona? Because, I didn't think you could buy handguns in other states FTF if you weren't a resident. Did they break the law?

According to the story they were AZ residents and it appears that no laws were broken by the sellers nor the buyers.

How can he justify using his time (taxes) and money (taxes) to look at gun sales 2000 miles from his jurisdiction. this is an abuse of position and misuse of funds, sounds criminal on his end.

According to the story they were AZ residents and the BATF says no laws were broken by the sellers nor the buyers.

An early version of this story said that he actually sent N.Y. cops to do this; then a later version I saw said they were private investigators; now they're Arizona residents. I'm willing to chalk it up to "media didn't get the story right", but I don't like it all the same.

The guy wants to be president and he will get his name in the lime light anyway he can. The people of New York City elected him, he got the no third term overturned, they love him. He is a scumbag of the first order. Wonder what would happen if someone from Arizona went to New York and bought a gun off the street, probably be arrested and thrown in the stockade for a long time. The anti -gun campaign has started, you better believe it. Spad

So if they were AZ residents and they were legal to purchase and they then purchased WHAT THE **** is the problem???? them making the statement to the seller who would have been a private citizen that they probably wouldn't pass a background check?

So Bloom is going on about something that in reality had no basis what so ever.

So if they were AZ residents and they were legal to purchase and they then purchased WHAT THE **** is the problem???? them making the statement to the seller who would have been a private citizen that they probably wouldn't pass a background check?

Yes, that is a problem because the sellers are breaking the law at that point. They have a clear reason to believe the buyer has a criminal record, mental problems or the like. It's no different from that private seller in WA who was busted on tape saying he didn't care if the buyers were felons etc. People like that are no friend of gun owners.

You may not like the law, but ignoring it isn't the solution.

You know that "we" don't know the whole story.
There are a bunch of us who are put on "delay" when we buy a handgun. Not denied, but delayed.
So if you are not real bright, you might say something stupid to a private seller (like, are you a private seller? Good because I can't pass the instant check). And then they go on to explain their dumb remark. In this state we have two ways to verify our status and complete the sale. A valid CPL and membership in WAC association come to mind. I do not know enough about state laws in Arizona.

The political spin folks only pass on the part of the story that makes their case. What is the real story?

Ed

Yes, that is a problem because the sellers are breaking the law at that point. They have a clear reason to believe the buyer has a criminal record, mental problems or the like. It's no different from that private seller in WA who was busted on tape saying he didn't care if the buyers were felons etc. People like that are no friend of gun owners.

You may not like the law, but ignoring it isn't the solution.

You must have missed the part where a retired FBI agent says it's "It's not a prosecutable offense"

"Jim Cavanaugh, a retired agent for the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, where he was in charge of the Nashville division, said he didn't believe the sales described by the mayor were, in fact, illegal.

"It's not a prosecutable offense" because the purchasers were not truly felons, minors or drug abusers and because they didn't tell the sellers definitively that they were, Cavanaugh said.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
WAC member
SWWAC member

Bloomberg needs to stay in NY city and deal with his own problems and stay the beep out of the rest of the country, he needs to remember he's just a Mayor of one city and I didn't elect the guy so we don't want him interfering with the rest of the country.

Someone needs to send Bloomberg a map of New York City, he seems to be lost....

Today The Columbian printed PART of the story.

The part they censored is:

Last week, Sen. Frank Lautenberg, D-N.J., proposed federal legislation that would require background checks for all firearm purchases at gun shows.

Jim Cavanaugh, a retired agent for the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, where he was in charge of the Nashville division, said he didn't believe the sales described by the mayor were, in fact, illegal.

"It's not a prosecutable offense" because the purchasers were not truly felons, minors or drug abusers and because they didn't tell the sellers definitively that they were, Cavanaugh said. As for Bloomberg, he said, "ATF has asked him not to do it and to please coordinate with ATF if he thinks a violation is occurring."

In 2007, the U.S. Justice Department warned in a letter to City Hall that such civilian operations risk "legal liabilities" and can "unintentionally interrupt or jeopardize ongoing criminal investigations."

The mayor conceded that most illegal guns in New York City are coming from states along the East Coast, but said the rampage in Tucson would bring national attention to the investigation.

The city-hired investigators also obtained a Glock gun and 33-round extended magazine similar to those authorities have said Jared Loughner used to open fire as Giffords met with constituents outside a supermarket.

Investigators have said Loughner legally purchased his ammunition the morning of the attack. He had cleared a federal background check and legally bought a Glock 19 at a big-box sporting goods store two months earlier.

Bloomberg's office said all the investigators were Arizona residents and broke no laws.

The mayor, who heads a national coalition of mayors advocating stronger gun control, argues that it is necessary to bring his battle across state lines because illegal guns from states with more lenient rules consistently find their way onto New York City's streets.

About 90 percent of the 5,000 guns confiscated by city police last year were from out of state, Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly said.

An almost identical 2009 sting operation targeted seven gun shows in Tennessee, Ohio and Nevada. As a result, organizers of 35 gun shows around the country &#8212; including the 1,300-table Big Reno Show in Nevada &#8212; have agreed to end all no-background-check sales, Bloomberg said.

In 2006, more city-hired undercover investigators posed as gun buyers making so-called straw purchases in Georgia, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina and Virginia, with one person filling out the paperwork for another person's gun purchase.

ATF spokesman Drew Wade said Monday that he could not comment on whether the agency was investigating the city's findings.

So most of what shows Bloomberg in a bad light goes unreported.

I thought that the news was to be reported and not censored!! Shows just how left wing The Columbian is. I did send the publisher an email noting that this was "Yellow Journalism" at it's worst!!

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
WAC member
SWWAC member

He used all his own money.

On the flip side if you were selling a gun to somebody and they told you they would not pass a background check would you sell it?

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top