JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Care to have a little Target Shooting fun?

• Total voters
Yes, I have your card. I'll call this week some time. Can't meet with Carney until next week so we have a couple of days. :)

Well take your time then and meet and then call so you can determine the class facility and will it meet your future needs. I am available most days except n the chance I am up and out of ceel range, but feel free to leave a call back time in my message.
Clint

Clint, Bill, Rick, Tony and everyone else I met on Saturday, it was a pleasure to meet y'all and I look forward to the next clean up. Eventually we'll get through all the major shooting spots and we'll have to start over at the beginning. Sounds like a fun summer! Next time I'll be a bit more prepared for the shooting part and we'll have some extra fun. Any chance there's a spot to clean with some longer distances? 100+ yards? Anyway, until next time.

Pete
Hey Pete..sounds like you did a great thing to show the quad community that our community actually will be there and take care of the last of our use remnants.
It was great to meet everyone including the children, spouses and those DNR and the Trooper Eseman.
I will try and make myself available for sure. I just enjoy seeing the results and those areas are rare to the use of the shooting community.
There were a lot of folks on that list, and I will remember faces in the community before I can organize the names in my head! Lots of fun cleaning up 2000 lbs of spent casings..who would of thought that! I sure will bring a tarp next time and a few more items like the portable shooters rest. Does any one shoot black powder?
I have a 50 cal. in-line rifle that is a blast, literally to shoot and just pushes the butt plate into the shoulder ever so gently, with minimal recoil, if anyone is interested in trying out the whole process of loading and firing one. Let me know.
later Pete
Clint

I've never wanted to own a black powder gun but I've always been interested in the process. If you had it at a range while we were shooting, I'd love to give it a try.

Kinda like full auto guns, I don't want one but I love to play with others toys lol.

I've never wanted to own a black powder gun but I've always been interested in the process. If you had it at a range while we were shooting, I'd love to give it a try.

Kinda like full auto guns, I don't want one but I love to play with others toys lol.

Okay I will do that , and thanks for taking me up. It isn't for everyone, put every one like toys. Some like spectating too, so look forward to watching you fire a 50 cal. muzzleloader.
Clint

I have a 45 (I think) pistol that I would like to get the stuff for and shoot one of these days. It was a black powder kit that my Dad got for me when I was around Ian's age or maybe a little younger.

I have a 45 (I think) pistol that I would like to get the stuff for and shoot one of these days. It was a black powder kit that my Dad got for me when I was around Ian's age or maybe a little younger.
That would be fun. Can you bring it along and I can try and identify its priming cap , powder, ball or bullet sabots that would be used. I have switched to Pyrodex powders, as substitute to black powder. either way its fun to shoot I would imagine.
45 cal. is a good guess, but we can micrometer it . I would think that would be cool to get it up and operating so you can at anytime break it out. It probably was a blast to build. and It was a gift from your dad...that's really a tradition you can pass on...very cool. thanks for sharing.
Clint

That would be fun. Can you bring it along and I can try and identify its priming cap , powder, ball or bullet sabots that would be used. I have switched to Pyrodex powders, as substitute to black powder. either way its fun to shoot I would imagine.
45 cal. is a good guess, but we can micrometer it . I would think that would be cool to get it up and operating so you can at anytime break it out. It probably was a blast to build. and It was a gift from your dad...that's really a tradition you can pass on...very cool. thanks for sharing.
Clint
I'll dig out the calipers and check it to be sure. I can certainly bring it along. It was actually a big hit when I helped out doing a safety class a couple of months ago. Especially with the kids.

Rick

I went up to the spot we cleaned up today and saw some shotgun hulls and left over targets people didnt pick up. I was kind of pissed. There were two other groups shooting and I went over and told them to make sure they picked up there targets when they were done.

It's disappointing that people are so disrespectful. Unfortunately about all we can do is keep getting the word out and set an example. We will never be able to completely keep them from doing this but hopefully we can get in check somewhat so that it is less common.

Wish there was a way to get through to those folks. Never ending!

Hey, I got a gift card in the mail from Rocky Mountain ATV MC for the clean up project May 3rd (Clean Up the Burn). Apparently, Rocky Mnt offers that to all volunteers who participate in that annual event. Kind of a nice treat and incentive.

Bill

On another note... to all volunteers on the May 31st Clean Up-n-Shoot; WA DNR will be mailing vouchers to all volunteers who signed the register form. The vouchers are for the hours you spent volunteering on DNR approved projects and your hours will be applied toward a free annual Discover Pass. Save up the vouchers until you have 24 hrs of volunteer work then mail them in for the free pass. (They usually have those at the event, but ran out, so we're waiting for the printers).

So, check your snail mail for Washington State envelopes.

Bill

It's only something to collect if you were trying to get the free discover pass. Those who are not interested in that won't need to do anything with them. Since I'm only a few short hours away, I'll try to finish my 24 hrs. My current pass expires in Aug. So I have time until I need my next one.

It would be nice if they would let us plant a 4x4 post at the pit so we could post some sort of sign explaining that the site had just been cleaned and ask people to pick up after themselves.

Yea I know some people would shoot at the sign but personally, I had never thought to pick up my shot shells and such. When I was growing up, we just pulled in to a place and picked up the garbage and such but then set it up to shoot at.

Recently fired 12-410 gauge shells at 25-50 yards are good targets for a .22, but I digress:rolleyes:.

Anyway, some sort of explanation or info would go a long way to keep these places cleaner longer.

I'd bet that the volunteers that cleaned up only represent maybe 1% of the shooters up there, if that. Getting the message out to the other 99% would go a long way; even if only 1 out of 10 people bothered.

Just my two shells worth...

I like you two shells worth. We'll have to give it more thought on ways to encourage people to respect our sport by cleaning up as the go. I still think a sign idea is a good one. WA State would have to have a say in that.

Bill

I'm bummed that I missed this event in May but I'm going to do my part this weekend. I'm picking up a Mosin this weekend (from a member in the classifieds) and after a thorough cleaning on saturday I am going to head up to this spot on Sunday to punch some holes in paper. I'm going to take my work gloves and garbage bags with me to leave it cleaner than when I get there.

Me and a few other members went out yesterday and the place was a mess. We shot and took what we brought. :) We saw a group come in that tried to bring in a Tupperware full of glass containers/bottles to shoot at, but luckily another shooter called them out on it. They left, but I think they just went to a different location, it's a never ending battle.:(

I missed my chance this weekend to get out there. Had a pet emergency come up Saturday night. Planning on heading out next weekend, if all goes according to plan. Did you guys happen to get any pictures of the location?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top