JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Care to have a little Target Shooting fun?

• Total voters
Here's some... Other folks will post some as well...

Clean Up 4.jpg
Clean Up 10.jpg

Clean Up 2.jpg
Clean Up 6.jpg
Clean Up 7.jpg
Clean Up 8.jpg
Clean Up 9.jpg

Hey there ...Thanks to everyone I met and I enjoyed the whole day! The place looked great ! I didn't get to see the second area that was cleaned today, but I imagine as hard as everyone involved working today it would be a job well done! This Shooting community is a great example of how clean-up projects can be of great success and an example that the general public, as well as Government agencies whom will recognize Us as low impact and not a eye sore on areas that are designated for shooters, and if shooters act responsibly and try and do some clean up of some of the cases, brass, but more important, everyones targets, by taking some time and pack out what you pack in to shoot at and remove and dispose of any spent cases helps keep these few places from being noticed as "dumpy" by agencies managing these lands and the other users such as, motorsports, nature watchers, hikers, runners, mnt.bikers, who all advocate to close areas we shooters need. I am Guilty of years of going to spots like Arrowhead Quarry leaving cases, blown up target back stops, and the occasional pick up to burn and shoot at, but after a clean up like today, I will use some time to be a better example for the sake of saving declining areas we need outdoors to shoot at, by doing my best to contain my spent unusable casings, target I bring and take them out as well as a bit of someone elses tailing and fall out from their shoots. I want the youth to have the same opportunities as I had, and today was a really nice example of all ages working together to improve and save a conditional use area.
Thanks for the lessons today! That was worth every mile, time and physical effort all of us donated. This community on here is deserving of more access to free areas and if You sense or feel an area is over impacted by the general shooters, say something on here and lets rally together and save it before some Official closes it to shooting.
Thank You all!
Clint

Another note to make is that I was watching when we got to the point of shooting and everyone was practicing safe handling of the firearms and respected the firing line by waiting for cold range to go out beyond it. That makes for a pleasant experience as it helps to keep a relaxing atmosphere.

Well I'm so sore today I don't really want to even move...

But I had a great time!!!

I seem to always meet a few new people at these things and that alone is worth going, as if cleaning up a shooting spot isn't enough motivation!

Clint, I figured out your screen name =). I'd be interested in that class when you and Rick get together. Would be great to have some certifications to help out with others.

Dwayne, not 100% sure what your screen name is but start a convo with me when you can, I got a few things to run by you.

To Bill and Pete and a few others, it was great to meet y'all and I hope to see you at the next event, be it social or another cleanup :D.

Again, huge thanks to Bill for setting this up and everyone who chipped in.

The "Long Distance Drive" award goes to CParkerShoot (Clint), as he drove all the way from Mt Hood Parkdale, Oregon. He was there before 8 am and the last one to leave!

My son, Ian and I, really enjoyed meeting you, Clint. I know everyone did. Thank you for your effort! A good addition to the NWFA's community! Great to have you on the forum.

Bill

Hello Bill,
I do appreciate your Son Ian's demeanor and attitude he has. It was fun watching him shoot my pistol and learn about the semi-automatic pistol. And Bill, You don't have to thank me, as I like to be involved in worthy causes. Your organization and efforts are admirable and It helped me to look forward to planning an event in the future, out here in the Hood River County and hopefully with the USFS on some of the lands many locals shoot at. I hope you will not mind me contacting you for your experienced advice and direction.
And thank you for your kind comments. I am sure everyone in this forum community is willing to be a part of something that "matters" to the shooters, and that affects the Industry in a huge , positive way. You made a difference! Your family made a difference. I would be proud of Ian as well for his contributions there. he probably makes lots of differences in your life. You are a great parent for that. Let me know if I can be of assistance , anytime! It was great to make some new friends, learn about your area, and support this project and help foster a positive image for the community.
And if any member needs my help, Feel free to message, email or post here, I will do my best to return a response and see what I can offer.

Clint Parker

Well I'm so sore today I don't really want to even move...

But I had a great time!!!

I seem to always meet a few new people at these things and that alone is worth going, as if cleaning up a shooting spot isn't enough motivation!

Clint, I figured out your screen name =). I'd be interested in that class when you and Rick get together. Would be great to have some certifications to help out with others.

Dwayne, not 100% sure what your screen name is but start a convo with me when you can, I got a few things to run by you.

To Bill and Pete and a few others, it was great to meet y'all and I hope to see you at the next event, be it social or another cleanup :D.

Again, huge thanks to Bill for setting this up and everyone who chipped in.

Joe,
That will be a pleasure to foster Shooting Education to you, knowing you will be using it to help others out. You deserve a day off for your hard work and I did go pick up my target back stop and pile it in the appropriate location. And thanks for allowing me to pile my gear on your table and pull up a chair. I look forward to getting together and shooting, discussing a plan for your certification process or doing a project. I felt like I was visiting some old buddies there, supporting their efforts and discussing the stories we shared.
It was worth meeting all those who showed and I really liked how even the random shooters who drove up, jumped in and provided support so we could all get back to the use of the Pit. Amazing stuff. feel free anytime to get ahold of me and we can go from there!

I took today off and went Shad fishing for crab and crawdad bait this morning down at the Bonneville dam. A little over 99,000 shad went over the dam yesterday, and I too, am feeling like I could use a bit of rest this afternoon myself. I know I have some lawn work to get done later when it cools off, so if you call later , it may go to voice mail, but I will catch up with you later!

have a good rest Joe,
Clint
PS- I had to come up with a screen name pretty quick in order to join this forum, and get involved, so I hope it isn't a indication of my skills. I am not really that vane, and I am not basing that screen name for any reason anyone should spend time watching me. LOL..

Clint, I actually already have at least one person lined up from an offhand discussion. I dropped by the local motorcycle gear consignment store to drop off some of the Stop I-594 pamphlets. (Cruise-In consignment's if there are other bikers looking for gear or that want to sell via consignment) I'm friends with the owners and when I mentioned it she said she would be interested in taking the classes to learn gun safety. She want's to learn the safety first which is the right way to go about it. So that's at least one and maybe two there. I also talked to Carney (Pastor Carney) and we are going to have coffee in a week or so to discuss having the classes at the Church. I think it will primarily depend upon the Church board although I suspect they will agree. I actually first met him when he wanted to get more information about open carry here in Washington and he contacted the Open Carry Vancouver group which I help out with. At any rate we can figure out how many to get for the first class and any other details we need to work out and I am sure I can supply the people for it.

Rick

Good stuff Bill. Makes me even more comfortable with Clint as I know he is choosing to be responsible for the students and wants to be sure that not only they meet the minimum requirements but that they are truly prepared.

Clint, I actually already have at least one person lined up from an offhand discussion. I dropped by the local motorcycle gear consignment store to drop off some of the Stop I-594 pamphlets. (Cruise-In consignment's if there are other bikers looking for gear or that want to sell via consignment) I'm friends with the owners and when I mentioned it she said she would be interested in taking the classes to learn gun safety. She want's to learn the safety first which is the right way to go about it. So that's at least one and maybe two there. I also talked to Carney (Pastor Carney) and we are going to have coffee in a week or so to discuss having the classes at the Church. I think it will primarily depend upon the Church board although I suspect they will agree. I actually first met him when he wanted to get more information about open carry here in Washington and he contacted the Open Carry Vancouver group which I help out with. At any rate we can figure out how many to get for the first class and any other details we need to work out and I am sure I can supply the people for it.

Rick
Rick,
Be sure to mention, there will be "no live ammunition in the classroom ". I like having a live fire class portion on a range, but not everyone can afford that, and in fire arm safety, its recommended we have props and dummy rounds to show as examples as we work through the courses. It would be great to consider where you teach that you have access or they provide a Projector for POWER POINT Presentation. Feel free to call me if I can answer any questions via conference call and email works well, and thanks for taking time to consider locations and get your program up and running. I enjoy helping and I try and keep it all way affordable, as we all have the next steps to pay for, and beginning safety is much more effective if financial burden is about as cheap as buying a box of donuts, a new rake and gloves, buying gas and a sack lunch and pitching in on a clean up.
Thanks Rick!
Clint Parker

Good stuff Bill. Makes me even more comfortable with Clint as I know he is choosing to be responsible for the students and wants to be sure that not only they meet the minimum requirements but that they are truly pr

I could on a basic level course as a National affiliate modify the course to meet the level that the student is taking, such as a shooter like most I met this weekend might want to become Basic pistol instructors , so they can apply for a CHL Instructors Certification. The NRA say teach 8 hrs. I may teach the 8 hr course in 6, because the class had an experienced pace, and everyone was competent when we took the written test portion.

But when I teach the "Utah" Course, the Multi-state Concealed Firearm Course, I am required to teach all 54 pages of the platform, and in that 54 page curriculum, I am required to provide documentation of firearm familiarity and handling. How do we instructors run 40 people through in the time allotted and have each one witness the familiarity portion? We take different directions as instructors, and I used the method that NRA Counselor Shaun Curtain trained me in a classroom where no live ammunition is allowed. Lets just stick to the format and we all are taught on the same platform, so we can pass that onto the next. at that point if a adjustment in how a portion is taught that would be nice, for some, less interesting for others but it is just the First Steps , the advanced levels are great and I encourage people to go for the additional training, as we all know every bit helps and it is fun as a clean up day with Bill "Cogs".

Thanks Rick . I appreciate that a lot! Clint

We will need to get together to see where to best start as far as what course to begin with. My main concern is basic firearm safety for new gun owners however it may turn out better to do a CCW course instead to cover more ground and to make it more desirable for people to take. I think we already discussed no live ammunition in the classroom when I was talking to Carney but I'll be sure to mention it again.

We will need to get together to see where to best start as far as what course to begin with. My main concern is basic firearm safety for new gun owners however it may turn out better to do a CCW course instead to cover more ground and to make it more desirable for people to take. I think we already discussed no live ammunition in the classroom when I was talking to Carney but I'll be sure to mention it again.

Most of the course are "no live ammo" unless we do a live fire portion of course, at which time we have to use a RSO (range safety officer) and I am one. so with help we can have a safe and knowledgable experience and I can make the course tailored to meet the needs of the group.
It just takes the attitude to enjoy safe firearm use in public and at home, so no worries, and there are several people here interested. please call if you can and I will sort out the details. You did get my card?
Clint

Most of the course are "no live ammo" unless we do a live fire portion of course, at which time we have to use a RSO (range safety officer) and I am one. so with help we can have a safe and knowledgable experience and I can make the course tailored to meet the needs of the group.
It just takes the attitude to enjoy safe firearm use in public and at home, so no worries, and there are several people here interested. please call if you can and I will sort out the details. You did get my card?
Clint
Yes, I have your card. I'll call this week some time. Can't meet with Carney until next week so we have a couple of days. :)

Clint, Bill, Rick, Tony and everyone else I met on Saturday, it was a pleasure to meet y'all and I look forward to the next clean up. Eventually we'll get through all the major shooting spots and we'll have to start over at the beginning. Sounds like a fun summer! Next time I'll be a bit more prepared for the shooting part and we'll have some extra fun. Any chance there's a spot to clean with some longer distances? 100+ yards? Anyway, until next time.

Pete

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads