JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Here is an attachment of the adoption agreement(well I had to cut and paste because file size was too large to attach). If you all would look it over and see if there is anything that needs to be altered, then let me know and I'll see what I can do to get any changes made. Also if you are serious with helping on this, it looks like I will need your name and contact info to put on the app. so just shoot me a PM with your info. I will send everything in and get this thing official when enough volunteers have contacted me. I'll take care of the formalities, you guys just show up on the selected date and help clean. :)

SPONSOR / ORGANIZATION:

NW Firearms

TRAIL / PROJECT NAME:

Beaver Dam Rock Pit

SPONSOR'S CONTACT PERSON:bt97006(edited)

PHONE #:

CELL #:

E- MAIL ADDRESS:

HOME / MAILING ADDRESS:

CITY:

STATE / ZIP:

Northwest Firearms, here after known as the sponsor, desires to make available the volunteer services of the following person(s) to assist with Oregon Department of Forestry trail maintenance as outlined in this agreement.

bt97006(edited) are hereby designated to serve as our liaison with the Oregon Department of Forestry in day-to-day operation under this agreement.

List members of organization who agree to participate in volunteer work projects. (Use a separate sheet if necessary)

I. TRAIL ADOPTED (list trail name or describe section of trail to be adopted):

Beaver Dam Rock PitII. SCOPE OF WORK

1. Reporting: Sponsor shall provide:

Site Assessment: Initial survey of site conducted with an Oregon Department of Forestry representative and completion of a written description of condition and type of work required.

Work Plan: The Sponsor and ODF shall jointly prepare a maintenance plan, on a form provided by ODF, which shall become part of this agreement.

Work Party Report: Sponsor shall submit a brief report within one week of each work party. This report shall to include:

List of workers names
Hours worked on trail and travel time to work site.
Work accomplished.

2. Site Maintenance (these tasks may include):

Garbage Removal
Occasional Information Board Maintenance Needs Reported to ODF

STANDARDS

All work shall be performed in accordance with ODF standards

Rock for trail maintenance shall be obtained from approved sources. Check with ODF before obtaining rock.

THE SPONSOR AND SPONSOR'S REPRESENTATIVES AGREE TO:

Sponsor shall defend and hold harmless the State of Oregon, the Oregon Board of Forestry, the State forester, the State Land Board, the Division of State Lands, their officers, agents, employees, and members from all claims, suits, or actions of any nature resulting from or arising out of the activities of Sponsor or its subcontractors, agents, or employees under this agreement.

The work occurs on rugged terrain in a variety of weather conditions. Volunteers shall provide their own rain gear and food, and other personal gear. Volunteers should wear long pants, long sleeved shirts, gloves, and sturdy boots while working.

Sponsor shall have all volunteers complete and return to ODF the Conditions of Volunteer Service, Form A prior to engaging in volunteer work.

Sponsor shall obtain parental or guardians consent for each individual under 18 years of age. Parents or guardians shall complete and return the Liability Release Form.

Sponsor shall not permit volunteers to operate an All Terrain Vehicle prior to completion of Class I safety training.

Sponsor shall exercise diligence in protecting from damage the trail described above, and shall repair or make payment for any damage to said trail resulting from actions of Sponsor.

Sponsor shall conduct activities safely and shall discuss with volunteers the type of work, pertinent safety procedures, hazards, and physical limitations of participants.

No reimbursement for Sponsor "out of pocket" expenses is available under this agreement.

The Oregon Department of Forestry or the Sponsor may cancel this agreement at any time by notifying the other party in writing.

(Designated Liaison for Sponsored Group/Organization):

Signature: Date:

THE OREGON DEPARTMENT OF FORESTRY AGREES TO:

Provide an initial field visit with Sponsor to review site being adopted, answer questions, and help define maintenance needs.

Coordinate project work requiring Oregon Department of Forestry approval,

Provide safety and technical specifications for the work to be accomplished, and periodically monitor the work being accomplished.

ODF may provide such materials, equipment, and facilities as are available and needed to perform and accomplish the work described above. ODF may authorize sponsored participants to operate Oregon Department of Forestry All Terrain Vehicles when necessary, provided participants are licensed to operate and have successfully completed Class I Safety Training.

Provide additional safety equipment or other equipment if available.

Provide a sign recognizing the Sponsor as having adopted the particular trail identified in section 5.

Signature (ODF Representative):
Position: Date:

TERMINATION OF AGREEMENT

Agreement Terminated on (Month/Day/Year):

Signature (ODF Representative):

Remarks:

PAGE 6

PAGE 3
Adopt-A-Trail Volunteer Agreements - Updated March 2005

EMBED MSPhotoEd.3

TILLAMOOK STATE FOREST

ADOPT-A-SITE
VOLUNTEER AGREEMENT

Hey Guys and Gals,
I'm just going over the adoption agreement and getting ready to send it in to the forestry service to get the ball rolling. So far those who have said they are willing to volunteer are....
Frog
Muddman
ajf1
gunnails
cougfan2
wakeadrian
and our very own Joey Link

I'm sure anyone else can be added to the list later on so I will send in the forms now with the listed members. Let me know if I missed anyone. If anyone else wants to help out on the clean ups, just let me know via PM with a name and number so I can contact you when it's time to summon the troops.
Thanks and I'm looking forward to working with all of you on this project.:)

I've been in touch with our contact with the forestry service and she has sent me a time sheet for our hours on the next cleanup. She said the sign recognizing NWFA's adoption is being worked on and should be ready to place at the site. We need to come up with a date for our next clean up so I can schedule things with her. I realize one date may not work for everyone so I am just asking for suggestions for now so I may decide on one soon. We need to get back up there before the weather turns too nasty and causes us issues. Please post back your suggestions so we can get rolling on this again. Thank you.

Most Saturdays would be best for me. I was up there last weekend and it does not look like it will take too long to clean up.
The big rock pile is about a third the size that it was in August

I'm going to shoot for Saturday Nov. 7th at 10 A.M. for now. It'll be the end of deer season for the area anyway. Hopefully we can get the same turnout as last time. I'll bring a pickup, rakes, and plastic buckets. If anyone is coming to help out you should consider bringing some gloves and sturdy shoes. If anyone needs directions or wants to follow me up from Beaverton, just let me know.

I'll be there on Saturday, weather permitting.

Brandon, I noticed in the Adoption Agreement that the Forest Service has said it can not reimburse 'out of pocket' expenses, but that it can make some 'equipment' available to us. My friend's one is not big enough, and they are $50.00 a day to rent.

Can you see if the FS would provide us a 2500 watt (or larger) gas generator? I'm convinced that the shop vac idea will work. If we had a larger (but still 'manageable') generator, and someone else also brought a big shop vac, (I have one) we could clean that place up in no time. I also have one industrial 'heavy duty' 100 feet extension cord. The big vacs draw about 12 amps each, so 2500 watt would handle 1, but we'd need a 3-3500 watt to handle 2. It'd be a lot easier and more efficient that picking up the husks and shells one at a time!! It turns out that this idea is not new, and has been used at private ranges for some time. So it's 'tried and proven'!

Can anyone else provide a generator?

Frog.

I'm not sure on this, but don't gas powered leaf blowers also have the capability to act as a vacuum?...seemed to me that I got a bag with mine years ago

Edited later:

On second thought, they probably run the leaves through the fan blades to mulch them...it would be tough to mulch brass!...sorry

It shouldn't take very long to spruce the place up if we all gang up on it. I'm thinking an hour or two and afterward we can break out the "Noise Toys" to have a lil' fun for a while. Frog, I don't know about the generator for your shop vac. I will give her a call and see what I can do but I think we may be on our own for the equipment. I picked up a couple of those long handled claw pickup tools at Harbor Freight today for $3 each. I figured they were cheap enough and might help with the little stuff. We'll see you all up there Saturday morning.

With a big help from Ajf1, his wife, and my 9 yo son and we all managed to get the rock pit cleaned up today.

I know it would have been better to have the event on a better day, but as you all know, it's hard to plan for weather in November. I understand how nasty the weather is and I understand if you couldn't make it. But a few troopers, through the rain, hail, wind, thunder and lightning, pulled together and got er' done.

This morning when I first arrived there were a few shooters there, even though there were signs posted that the rock pit was closed for the clean up. My son and I waited in the truck untill they were finished. I then introduced myself and told them about NWFA and explained what I was there to do. They had not heard of the site or noticed the sign but thanked me for cleaning up, made a small effort to pick up their brass and left. Shortly after a member from the forestry service arrived to drop off some trash bags and said I could leave the full bags and debris in a pile at the top of the pit, and he would get it hauled away to a dumpster. That was big help. My son and I got started and then to my surprise a trusty and dedicated Northwest Firearms member and his wife rolled up with a rake, shovel and the will to brave the storm to help the cause. A big Thank You :s0155: to Ajf1 and your wife for bailing us out. I was thinking my son and I would have been there all afternoon but with the extra hands we knocked it out in a couple of hours. I was amazed at all the junk we managed to haul out of there. VCR's, parts of a T.V. pop cans/bottles, soggy phone books, lumber, scrap metal, cardboard, paper targets, plywood,glass and who knows what else. There must have been over a dozen large trash bags and a pile of scrap when we called it quits. There was still a little more left but we put a huge dent in it by picking up the majority of stuff.

I'll plan on doing this again next spring so feel free to come up and give us a hand on the next one. It goes a long way.

downsize-3.jpg

downsize.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews