JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The following is from an email I sent to our contact with the Tillamook State Forest.....
"Hello Stephanie,
I asked around at North West Fire Arms and there seems to be a few
more people interested in helping out so we'd like to get back up
there and spruce the place up again. How does Saturday, March 13th
from 10-2 work for another clean up at the rock quarry? I'm hoping we
will have dry weather but you never know so could we get things
tentatively scheduled for that date and see where we are as we get
closer? I still have all the forms that you sent saved on my computer
so I will get the list of volunteers back to you afterward. Let me
know if I need to do anything else or if there is a better time for us
to schedule the clean up.
Thanks again for working with us,"

And her response.....

"I'll put March 13th on the calendar and check in with our staff about supporting your efforts that day. Thanks for all of your great work!"

So it looks like we are a go. I'll post an announcement in the events section as well.

Last Edited:
Just a tip to make cleanup much easier in the future. Have one of the cheap tarps laid out when you shoot to capture the lions share of brass. If you reload or sell the brass its a lot easier than raking it up.

Just a tip to make cleanup much easier in the future. Have one of the cheap tarps laid out when you shoot to capture the lions share of brass. If you reload or sell the brass its a lot easier than raking it up.

I make sure to get all my brass for reloading but the problem is getting everyone else to follow that practice. That and cleaning up the targets and junk when done shooting at them.

I make sure to get all my brass for reloading but the problem is getting everyone else to follow that practice. That and cleaning up the targets and junk when done shooting at them.

Yep, I understand. I am now thinking that it sure would be easy to put plastic or a painters cloth down under the target area and just pick up the whole mess and dump it into a large plastic garbage bag. I speak for myself of course, there is no way to control others, other than suggesting and setting a good example.

Hi Brandon,

I just wanted to drop you a note to say THANKS for the great job you and the crew from NW Firearms did cleaning up the Beaver Dam Rock Pit last weekend. I’ve gotten a lot of positive comments from the public in response to the notes I’ve sent out about the clean-up and your group adopting the site – and folks out at the pit this week really noticed how much better it’s looking.

Please let your group know how much we appreciate all of the hard work!

Stephanie A. Beall
Recreation Coordinator
Tillamook State Forest
801 Gales Creek Road
Forest Grove, OR 97116
<broken link removed>
:s0155:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT