JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm not having buyer's remorse or anything. Just curious why the negative talk about their rifles in general. Everything I could find about LMT was good. Granted a lot of that came from current and previous owners of LMT rifles.

Granted a lot of that came from current and previous owners of LMT rifles.
And that is bad.....lol? I would think that the best information on a product would be from actual owners. I have found the massive amount of miss information contained in forum reviews/comments that were posted by non-owners to be a very large problem w/ internet gun forums. There are a lot of "internet commandos" or "industry professionals (ie....gun salesmen, range workers, etc.)" out there that are more than willing to share their opinion on products that they have no experience with.

I am curious. Why all of the negative comments about LMT? I bought an LMT rifle less than a week ago. I didn't find any negative reviews to speak of. Did I miss something?

I think it from some of the policies the had in the past, nothing to do with the quality of the rifles.

I own a Noveske but I would own a LMT if the right deal came along.

With the right mags, ammo and maintenance anyone should be able to make even a budget AR 100% reliable, it's not rocket surgery.

Lets break this down here.This guy own this company also?
I mean he must sit next to god,for some of you...but

First he doesn't buy into the barrel length BS and powder burn rates

States barrel lengths velocities will be the same

Then states

So which is it? Does the barrel length help or not with velocity? Isn't his statement on both sides of the fence?

Like I said he's only the owner

You self professed experts can boohoo the "lower tier" guns all you want,but my lowly Stag is very accurate and will most likely last me a life time.
And it's pure BS that you can find the so called "top tier" guns for only $100 more.And don't compare the 'seconds' to firsts.That's shows you are just buying to have the name on the side (with a DPMS LPK inside lol)

HAHA,:huh: I had read that three times asking myself, "WTF?". I then resigned to the fact that I don't get it. His point wasn't very well thought out. I'm glad I wasn't the only one who caught it. Might be a typo. He might have meant energy/ft lbs.

I'm sure he not knocking the caliber. He's most likely referring to the fact that it doesn't work with the AR15 lowers. That's an AR10 caliber. If you do build an AR10 Ive got a barrel for sale.

Reacher - Considering your intended purpose of occasional varminting, I would go with a Noveske SS barreled rifle/upper. LMT makes a great gun too, I ran an LMT 10.5 for a while, but given my experiences with Noveske barrels and dealings with the company that is the way I would go.

Recon vs. SPR? I would probably choose Recon. I have both a 16" Recon and an 18" LW and I feel that the 16" is a better length for a general purpose carbine. Shorter, lighter and more maneuverable without sacrificing all that much in terms of velocity. My Recce is crazy accurate with match or hand loads to well beyond useful fragmentation range, more accurate than I am really. That said, if weight and maneuverability are of lesser concern than velocity then the SPR is a great choice as well.

Full disclosure: I am sponsored by Noveske, but have been using, and preferred, a Noveske SS barrel since well before that sponsorship came to be. My own stellar experiences with their barrels was part of the reason my team approached John for support in the first place.

ETA: With regards to accuracy, I have seen pretty consistent sub-MOA accuracy out of all the Noveske SS barrels I've had experience with. Sub-1/2 MOA from some if the shooter does his/her part. This thread over on M4C has some pretty good info regarding the SS barrels accuracy potential.

They're both really good choices. I currently own 2 Noveske Rifles (N4 Recce Lo Pro that has a double chrome lined 16" barrel 5.56, and an N6 with a 16" stainless barrel 7.62x51. You get a lot in what you pay for with a Noveske (and you do pay quite a bit). Noveske uses top notch parts, the barrels are awesome, good quality control, the guns are nice and tight, and they're very accurate. I haven't cleaned my N4 since I bought it. I've shot everything from Wolf steel case, PMC bronze, random surplus I found, and match ammo through it. Digested everything without a hiccup. I even dropped my mag in the mud accidentally, and slapped it back in the gun. Ran just fine.

I currently own some LMT stuff as well. I have a Defender 2000 that has a Rock Creek stainless mid length gas match barrel on it. It's very accurate, 100% reliable, and I believe LMT makes just as nice of stuff as anyone else out there. They may not come with a bunch of fancy stuff already on them, but they're good stuff. I also have a 10.5" LMT upper on my AR pistol, and a Defender 2000 upper on a Bushmaster lower. Everything has been reliable, and surprisingly accurate (shot a bunch of sub moa groups with the plane jane defender 2000 upper).

If you're going for "out of the box" accuracy, I'd say go with the Noveske. If you're on a budget, go LMT. I don't think you could go wrong with either, and will be happy.

On a different note...I don't know much about piston guns. I run all direct impingement gas. John Noveske has some interesting things to say about piston AR's (he doesn't like them it seems). My opinion is based solely on the fact that I've only owned direct impingement AR's, I see a bit of flaw in the idea of them (I think the bolt on a piston driven gun should be on rails), and "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". I know a fair amount of vets, and other than a few vietnam vets, none of them bubblegum about the current AR's/M-16's/M4's to me.

John is a detail oriented person and extremely knowledgable. His products are top end and he stands behind his work. I have several of his weapon designs and in all the years I have dealt with him I had one problem which he immediately took care of.

Dutch, Kick and Remad,
Thanks for your input
I'm thinking the Recon with VIS and Switchblock.

As for coop - Have a Nice Day!

I think you're making a good choice! Wish I had gone with the Switchblock when I bought mine. I plan on running my suppressor on both my N4 and N6 (got an AAC 762-SDN-6, and my N4 already has the AAC adapter on it. Just need to get one for the N6 now, the one can, 2 calibers. Waiting for my paper work to come back from the ATF is torture! Eventually, I plan on buying one of the Noveske Rogue Hunters in 6.8spc. That will be my "deer rifle".

Look very hard and find the shop with the highest priced AR and buy it, it has to be better.

But you posted this in a different thread....
there are those who always buy the cheapest ANYTHING, then convince themselves "it's as good as". These people cannot be saved, or reasoned with. Would you buy the cheapest condom (your parents did)? would you buy the cheapest parachute? Would you buy the cheapest lifeboat? these are the same guys who buy knock off rolexes and sneakers, grey market cars and russian wives.

the only reason these guys buy anything is because it is cheap, the rationalization comes later.
it isn't because they don't have the money....

So which is it? :huh: Seems like someone can't decide... but spout off crap in all directions. :s0114:

But you posted this in a different thread....

So which is it? :huh: Seems like someone can't decide... but spout off crap in all directions. :s0114:

Seems sarcasm is not effective on some folks. I suppose a certain level of brain activity is required.

there is cheap, inexpensive and cost effective. I would not buy a hipoint under any circumstances, on the other hand I would not buy a noveske under any circumstances either. Came to both decisions for different reasons I do not buy cheap and I do not pay extra for the panache of owning a designer name, it is not cost effective. I will buy inexpensive, cost effective, guns of quality manufacture.

Ok coop whats your recommedation for an inexpensive, cost effective, gun of quality manufacture?

Couldn't say, because I build my own using aero recievers (at the moment), I haven't bought a complete ar in 20 plus years, the last one I did buy was a bushmaster, at that time there were not so many makers around and they were a very good deal, and actually seemed to be better made than the colt. Actually I traded a choice m1 carbine (rockola).

Funny how you don't see many up for sale, isn't it?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top