JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Cane-wielding 'pacifist' homeowner kills suspected intruder with own gun
Published September 18, 2015
FoxNews.com
Facebook520 Twitter113 livefyre758 Email Print

A gun toting suspect who broke into a New Mexico home early Wednesday proved no match for the homeowner, a pacifist armed only with a cane who police say disarmed the suspect and shot him dead.

The unidentified, 59-year-old homeowner in the Albuquerque suburb of Placitas was awakened around 6:30 a.m. when the suspect entered his home, said Lt. Keith Elder, of the Sandoval County Sheriff's Office. Elder told the Albuquerque Journal the two men struggled over the suspect's handgun, and the homeowner ended up shooting the intruder. Elder said investigators believe that the gun belonged to the suspect.

The suspect died at the scene. The homeowner was not charged, but the incident is under investigation, said Elder.

The man's attorney told KOAT-TV his client was injured in the incident and left shaken up.

"My client is completely traumatized," Cravens said. "He's a pacifist and was forced to deal with an extremely violent situation."

The homeowner was transported to the University of New Mexico Sandoval Regional Medical Center for treatment of a broken arm and cuts on his face. After that, he went to stay with a friend, Cravens said.

just like a lot of anti gun people that somehow have a gun when they need one.

Well, if the suspect didn't lose his gun to homeowner the anti-gun person wouldn't have had one. Of course, regardless of the situation I'm sure he and other anti-gun people will still say guns are bad.

it's a good thing he lived in N.M. if he lived there he would have had to get a bgc before being able to use it on the bad guy.

Funny thing about criminals and other bad guys - they don't care if you're a pacifist or anti-gun - they'll assault, rape and kill you just the same. Also funny how quickly pacifists and anti-gun folks become "violent gun nuts" when reality slaps them in their smug little faces. Fact is they really believe this stuff will never happen to them, and if it does, the government will be right there to save them.

Question now is, will he still be a pacifist? I'll bet he wished along the way that some non-pacifist folks with guns were there to save him. He got lucky, this time.

A little more follow-through on this story and guess what??? Our 'pacifist' home owner was also running a "large illegal marijuana grow operation". Hmmm, I wonder if his 'pacifism' was nothing more than the mellow effects of a large amount of weed???

So, the homeowner appears to be in big trouble and his "large amount of cash and over 200 marijuana plants" have been seized by the police.

Funny how there was a significant portion of this story that wasn't reported in the first story...I wonder why they chose to leave that part out??? Seems this home invasion wasn't just some random robbery, but rather someone hoping to get that pot and the cash. I'd think if you're running a grow like this, you'd be wise enough to be prepared for such events.

Here is the story, including the illegal drug portion, if you'd like to see it for yourself:

http://www.koat.com/news/sheriff-man-shoots-kills-suspected-home-invader/35308156

Funny thing about criminals and other bad guys - they don't care if you're a pacifist or anti-gun - they'll assault, rape and kill you just the same. Also funny how quickly pacifists and anti-gun folks become "violent gun nuts" when reality slaps them in their smug little faces. Fact is they really believe this stuff will never happen to them, and if it does, the government will be right there to save them.

Question now is, will he still be a pacifist? I'll bet he wished along the way that some non-pacifist folks with guns were there to save him. He got lucky, this time.

Like the saying goes.
There are no athiests in a foxhole there are no pacifists in a fight ....... just the winner and the loser.

A little more follow-through on this story and guess what??? Our 'pacifist' home owner was also running a "large illegal marijuana grow operation". Hmmm, I wonder if his 'pacifism' was nothing more than the mellow effects of a large amount of weed???

So, the homeowner appears to be in big trouble and his "large amount of cash and over 200 marijuana plants" have been seized by the police.

Funny how there was a significant portion of this story that wasn't reported in the first story...I wonder why they chose to leave that part out??? Seems this home invasion wasn't just some random robbery, but rather someone hoping to get that pot and the cash. I'd think if you're running a grow like this, you'd be wise enough to be prepared for such events.

Here is the story, including the illegal drug portion, if you'd like to see it for yourself:

http://www.koat.com/news/sheriff-man-shoots-kills-suspected-home-invader/35308156
Maybe the gun didn't belong to the bag guy after all.

Since there is no way to be certain that the intruder brought the F/A to the "victim's" home or not, the victim's account of the incident will have to suffice.

Lo and behold; if the victim's mother finds out that he owned a gun.....hell be in a lot of trouble.....:rolleyes:

Avoiding an indictment, prosecution, or a civil suit after a self-defense situation is usually the "round two" of the incident/crime.

A good-bet that the LEOS are tracing the F/A

Last Edited:
When a person calls themselves a pacifist. What there really saying is.
''I won't fight for you. Or what is rite''.

How can you say how you will respond to a situation without first knowing the facts?

This is what really bothers me about pacifists. It's one thing to say "I want peace and harmony and I want us all to get along" it is an entirely different thing to claim you are a pacifist or a conscientious objector et. and refuse the nature of human existence. Humans are animals, animals must fight to live from time to time. Even apex predators can be brought down, they didn't become the apex through hugs and kisses.

Peace, love and harmony...

Oh crap my life is in danger... you must die now. What happened to the peace, love and harmony? Win the world to peace through interpretive dance? Guess that didn't work out so well.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top