JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The hipower is sacred. All who do not think so are indeed philistines, and shall be struck down by my lord John Moses Browning.
Honestly, I wasn't a fan until I did a couple mods. The spur hammer and the factory round hammer both give me hammer bite. The trigger was greatly improved by removing the disconnect and replacing the springs and sear.

Now it's sacred!

I got two real ones and an FEG. The FEG is excellent for the price that I paid.

BHP- MkIII
BHP-Mk-III-003.jpg
BHP- Vigilante
Vigilante.jpg

And the Pimp Version of my FEG.
005.jpg

Yeah, it goes nicely with my outfit on Saturday Nights.
Pimping.jpg

Aloha, Mark

A single example? The tangent sight IS a military sight. Notice the yardage on the sight. Is that even realistic? It is to the military. Thus, it appears the gun was a loose-fit, shoot with mud military grade weapon. Understand that there is a good sized aftermarket for the Hi Power, to fix what folks do not like about it. But that aftermarket is 1/100th of the 1911 or Glock aftermarket. Rather, examine a classic Belgian commercial grade Hi Power, or a well-made clone.
and originally there would have been a slot, cut in the heel of the grip for the attachment of a shoulder stock turning it into an early pistol caibre carbine.
The later sample you handled, with the high polish finish, was made more for collectors of Olde Worlde pistols

Wobbly slides are par for the course, lock up is usually good and accuracy is unaffected. If you have a later MK3, there's several sight options.

Take out the mag safety and spend $30 on springs and you're good to go. Or at least you were when mil surps were all over the place for $429...

They are superbly comfortable guns to shoot.

Some of Mine:

Vr2bHU.jpg

VrxLTR.jpg

VrxNS3.jpg

VrsAFo.jpg

I've owned a couple over the years. My hands are large, the Browning was a good hold for me. One of mine was German- made, late war. It was a great shooter. The other was circa 1969 Belgian made, not as good as the wartime gun in terms of accuracy.

When I owned the German HP, it was at a time when I owned many other German-made, WW2-type handguns in 9mm. The Browning would outshoot any of them.

The concept of shoulder stocks for military pistols, e.g., Browning HP, P.08 Luger, Mauser military pistol ("broomhandle"), Polish VIS (never issued), I think was / is overrated. Just my opinion.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top