JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Take a moment to ponder on the BHP.......

Book_Of_Browning.jpg

Are you NOW able to see things much clearer?

Aloha, Mark

Got to handle a Belgium-made High Power that had the sight ladder tangent in the rear. The sights were a pinpoint ^ triangle type and had a graduated sight leaf marked 50m-100+. The slide had a bit of slop in it. Other than that the mechanics were fine. I suppose I expected more, after hearing about this pistol so much???:(

Perhaps, I need to handle a military model or I'm just used to more modern pistols Springfield XD, Glock, etc. with nice sight pictures.
A single example? The tangent sight IS a military sight. Notice the yardage on the sight. Is that even realistic? It is to the military. Thus, it appears the gun was a loose-fit, shoot with mud military grade weapon. Understand that there is a good sized aftermarket for the Hi Power, to fix what folks do not like about it. But that aftermarket is 1/100th of the 1911 or Glock aftermarket. Rather, examine a classic Belgian commercial grade Hi Power, or a well-made clone.

There are a lot of the older guns that the new guys are not impressed with. Once polymer and aluminum came into the gun world the old steel champions were displaced. I love the BHP, it was my first 9mm many years ago.

I am a self proclaimed disciple of the prophet John M Browning. I worship at the altar of his creations and own several of his designs. The BHP is one that I have yet to find the right one for my collection. :s0152:

I was taught from a very young age by my father... there is nothing finer than a Belgian Browning .... I have bought, shot and carried ones that looked like they were on Alaska crab boats there entire life. They were rusted , pitted and just plain neglected. But every time I've pulled that trigger they not only fired , they were deadly accurate and I would hit my intended target religiously!

I was taught from a very young age by my father... there is nothing finer than a Belgian Browning .... I have bought, shot and carried ones that looked like they were on Alaska crab boats there entire life. They were rusted , pitted and just plain neglected. But every time I've pulled that trigger they not only fired , they were deadly accurate and I would hit my intended target religiously!
Oh.....Christmas and Easter.

Was that the DA not in the least bit like a Hi-Power "clone"
The Chareles Daley I had was a clone of the P35. It was a miserable pathetic example of FAIL in multiple dimensions.
The dealer felt so guilty he actually gave my money back after a couple of weeks.
The Browning BDM,, purported successor to the P35, was 'more or less ok' if that's what you wanted. It lacked any particular quality appealing to my sense of pistol use. Not particularly accurate nor providing satisfactory trigger pull in either the odd-ball SA/DA switcheroo, despite decent finish & configuration, I traded it off without remorse, just disappointment. I don't recall ever running into one being used on any range exercise by anyone I knew.

Recently a buddy showed me HIS model BDM, obtained long ago & stashed away for a rainy day in the back of his safe. Never fired it. I encouraged giving it a trial. Next range time we shared, he advised it didn't live up to his expectations & was traded for something else.
And yes, an authentic P35 is one of my own old favorites.

The Chareles Daley I had was a clone of the P35. It was a miserable pathetic example of FAIL in multiple dimensions.
The dealer felt so guilty he actually gave my money back after a couple of weeks.
The Browning BDM,, purported successor to the P35, was 'more or less ok' if that's what you wanted. It lacked any particular quality appealing to my sense of pistol use. Not particularly accurate nor providing satisfactory trigger pull in either the odd-ball SA/DA switcheroo, despite decent finish & configuration, I traded it off without remorse, just disappointment. I don't recall ever running into one being used on any range exercise by anyone I knew.

Recently a buddy showed me HIS model BDM, obtained long ago & stashed away for a rainy day in the back of his safe. Never fired it. I encouraged giving it a trial. Next range time we shared, he advised it didn't live up to his expectations & was traded for something else.
And yes, an authentic P35 is one of my own old favorites.
Was it a FEG P9R? Double action slide mounted hammer drop.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top