JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
  2. For Trade
Price
$1200
Manufacturer
Remington
Caliber
22 Long Rifle
City
Milwaukie
State
Oregon
Zip Code
I did some work for some folks and was compensated with this rifle. It came from a collector in Reno who passed. I've had it now
for a few years. I initially shot it and about half the time I had to extract the fired brass with a pocket knife. I took it to a very well
known and respected NW gunsmith. He went through the entire gun, replacing the extractor and dis-assembling the rifle and going
through it completely. The bore is dark, not black. It shoots every time. The gunsmith suggested I use only shorts due to metallurgy
from that time period, black powder. At 50 yards I was able ( after adjusting the sight ) to hit at 50 yards about 2/3's of the shots on
an a sheet of 8 1/2 X 11 paper. I wouldn't depend on this for dinner. I did many internet searches attempting to learn about this rifle.
My main source of my information (limited) came from Remington collector sites. Some folks who said they knew about this rifle wanted
money to pass on their knowledge. I declined. Much different from NWFA. Behind the trigger guard on the tang is the only number,
46XX. I doubt this is a S/N. The barrel is octagon and 25" in length, The hand checkering remains beautiful. Neither myself nor the
gunsmith think this has ever been refinished. Of all the falling block Rem's I've seen on Gunbroker this is the nicest. The archival
sight alone has value. The metal has toned to a pleasant plum, gray tone. The only patent date is 1864 and this I would guess is
for the original Rem 1. I want $1200 or trade equal to this. No plastic, no AR's, no shotguns. I like revolvers, Smiths and Rugers.
I would consider pre 64 Model 70's or Ruger #1's as well. And a Colt snake gun. My fondness for this rifle was sitting in the
garage, going back in time (even before my ancient self) and just holding it and letting my mind float to when this rifle was
active and being used. I took some pretty good drugless trips doing this. I live in Milwaukie and would be happy to show the
gun here at my home. PM is my preferred method of communicating. If you've read all this, thank you . . . . .

DSC01486.JPG DSC01488.JPG DSC01484.JPG DSC01481.JPG

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.