Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

NorthwestFirearms.com Postal Match #1

Discussion in 'Competitive Shooting' started by berettamod96, Sep 7, 2008.

1. berettamod96

berettamod96 Member

Okay here it is guys.

Northwestfirearms.com Postal Match #1

.22LR rifle Postal Match:

Okay guys here is my proposal for this match. The .22LR rifle is one of the most owned firearms in the American gun owner’s inventory. This competition is for .22 LR rifles of bolt, single shot, pump, or semi-automatic variants. Below are the categories that I propose for this match.

Categories:

Category 1.
    Rifles: Stock .22 rifle
    Sights: Iron sights only
    Position: Unsupported off hand (standing) for 5 shots (1 target), Bench (supported on front end of rifle only) for 5 shots.
    Distance: 100 yards
    Target: Hoppes 9 Competition 100 yard small bore rifle target.
    Course of fire: 2 targets, 5 shots each.

Category 2.
    Rifles: Stock .22 rifle
    Sights: Scope or other non-iron sight aiming device
    Position: Unsupported off hand (standing) for 5 shots (1 target), Bench (supported on front end of rifle only) for 5 shots.

Category 3.
    Rifles: Any modified .22 rifle
    Sights: Iron sights only

Category 4.
    Rifles: Any modified .22 rifle
    Sights: Scope or other non-iron sight aiming device

The target listed above may be available to you at local retailers. The item number is A14. This target should be quite visible at 100 yards due to the contrast of orange and black colors. The target can be located at the following url: http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpag...eitemid=870523

After shooting is complete please score your own targets, identify the category that you are shooting, and submit to berettamod96 no later than CANCELLED for final processing. There is a maximum of 100 points possible and as usual the “X” is still considered 10 points however is a superior shot when compared to other “10s” for the purpose of determining a winner when scores are tied. When submitting targets please elaborate as to the origin, model, and date of manufacture for the rifle used. Additionally, The type of ammo and or its loading data (of course this is irrelavent here) would also be of interest here.

If there is any problem with submitted targets you will be notified on the forum.

In the interest of fairness and objectivity Joey and I will exchage our own submitted targets for scoring.

The competition mailing address for Berettamod96 is as follows:

Sorry this event has been cancelled!!!

2. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Perfect :thumbup:

3. berettamod96

berettamod96 Member

Sorry guys this event is cancelled.

4. ZeroRing

ZeroRing 26th District, WA Active Member

Interesting idea. If you don't mind my asking, why was it cancelled? :huh:

5. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

I'd rather not say, but there's a good possibility we'll organize a new one in the future ;)

6. BUZO71

BUZO71 Emerald Valley, Oregon New Member

ya know, I've never competed in a Postal.... Is it just a mail in target shoot? Someone got the 411 on this?

7. ZeroRing

ZeroRing 26th District, WA Active Member

Yeah, I was intrigued by the concept as well. Seems like a good way to have a larger "competition", especially considering individual's varying schedules and locations often prohibit an organized event that could be attended by everyone who wanted to participate.

Anyone ever participated in one of these and know how it's done? :)

8. BUZO71

BUZO71 Emerald Valley, Oregon New Member

well, yeah, if that's the idea, we could have postals for various handguns and rifles. That would be fun actually