JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The world is full of coincindences, is Kim Jong Il's death, and the world wide bogus revolution that is reshaping the power structures of the world, one of them?
This time it will not be the civilians that rise up as they are in a permanant state of starvation however some of NOKO's elite military units are well fed but fed-up with watching thier familys starve to death.
Do you recall what happened when the Berlin Wall came down?

I saw the picture of his son on Yahoo today. Kinda had one of those super ironic, yet sad, revelation about NK. His son will now take on the leader roll despite communism revolting in many countries to avoid the whole lineage succession thing in the first place. Secondly, his son has that signature double chin in a country where famine was/is the number one killer of its citizens. Oh wait we can't judge, everyone is equal, blah blah blah

I heard this morning that the military would be taking over since the Kid is still wet behind the ears
In his early 20"s?
So maybe China slips in?
NK just kind of melts away into the Red?

I don't know any North Koreans but from what I read I have formed an opinion that isn't politically correct. Any people who would cry in sadness over the death of a dictator is stupid. I expect them to be unionized before too long.:s0112::s0112:

Oh come on and laugh a bit

jj

Jim, Good one! Look at the news today and try to find anything negative about this muderous dictator,good luck. Our paper called him a deceased leader. China doesn't want North Korea and their starving hoards. Ken

I heard this morning that the military would be taking over since the Kid is still wet behind the ears
In his early 20"s?
So maybe China slips in?
NK just kind of melts away into the Red?

China currently has a very large population to exploit, but what happens when they start demanding better wages and benefits? I'll bet the Norks would be willing to work in unheated factories for very little in wages, might even work for food.

Tangent alert: Weird how the still communist and formally moribund Chinese have become greedy capitalists and how the country is progressing as a whole. Why I'll bet even the poorest Chinese will be better off than they were a decade ago. Weirder still is how is out of fashion success has become around here while our economy shrinks. Cantonese would make a great second language.

If there is a North Korea "Spring" lets hope it will be better for the world than the Arab version. Meet the new boss.

The North Korean elites won't give up power easily. It's like the old Monarchies where the elites control everything, they know how cushy they have it up top. It would be very bloody for the lower classes, since they are literally starving more would probably drop from exhaustion than battle.

Opinion alert: If china tries to butt in and "Take over" it's little appendage neighbor, I got a strong feeling the South won't allow it, since for the last 60 years they've been trying to unify. and with a highly volatile, but highly hopeful opportunity to do so in front of them, they may not give up on their "brothers" so easily.
Crappy war scenario: china tries to take power, south moves in, north too confused to fight china, or joins and fights the south, US assists south, SHTF.

As far as a "Korean Spring", I think the north's too deluded and brainwashed to take any rebellious action by themselves.

China sees the NKs as a tar baby they want nothing to do with. They may help enough to prevent a total collapse to prevent millions of staving NK refugees pouring over the border.

The real SHTF scenario would be a civil war within the NK govt as different factions try promoting their man to succeed the human stain that was Kim Jong Il.

H

yea right the US is going to go to war with China over North Korea. I'd say that is about as likely as me winning the lottery without buying a ticket. The chinese don't want to loose their customers and the US doesn't want to loose it's cash cow.

yea right the US is going to go to war with China over North Korea. I'd say that is about as likely as me winning the lottery without buying a ticket. The chinese don't want to loose their customers and the US doesn't want to loose it's cash cow.

It's not so much "going to war over north korea" as "backing our ally" and saving face. i'm sorry but our country doesn't have the best track record of butting out of the world's conflicts.

Recently the US doesn't have a good record of standing by our allies. No matter, the ROK would make short work of the NORKs.

Now if China enters, been good knowing ya So. Korea.

Every great society ends with a bang or a whimper. I'm hearing lots of whimpering from our so called leaders.

No matter, the ROK would make short work of the NORKs.

I believe that NK has 400k infantry 200k spec forces and more arty than any other country which can easily reach Seoul. Not to mention eight or so nukes.

OBL, Gadhaffi, and now Kim jong il. Satan gathering his generals?:s0131::s0112:

Opinion alert: If china tries to butt in and "Take over" it's little appendage neighbor, I got a strong feeling the South won't allow it, since for the last 60 years they've been trying to unify. and with a highly volatile, but highly hopeful opportunity to do so in front of them, they may not give up on their "brothers" so easily.
Crappy war scenario: china tries to take power, south moves in, north too confused to fight china, or joins and fights the south, US assists south, SHTF.

As far as a "Korean Spring", I think the north's too deluded and brainwashed to take any rebellious action by themselves.

Hard to be deluded and have a brain on 700 calories a day.
And to think China cares one eye oda about the starving people?
Give me a break.That would be less to deal with.

I think everyone will let this play out till the South can rise again.
I mean South Korea can adopt North Korea and make it a viable concern

I'll be back in Korea again in a couple weeks, for the umpteenth time. Nothing will have changed in the South. It's unlikely that anything will have changed in the North either. The citizens of both countries are way too invested in their own BS (that's "Belief System") to up and change dramatically before they absolutely have to. Just like the rest of us.

Multigenerational indoctrination and isolation have a lasting effect - North Koreans are nothing like East Germans. As bad as it is there, the North is not nearly as brittle and hollowed out as the old Soviet states. Besides, China needs to keep the South and its American divisions off its Southern border, so it will do whatever it has to in order to guarantee its own border security.

I can't imagine what the end-game will be for the Koreas, but I think it won't:
- happen any time soon
- be unilaterally provoked by the North
- involve the deliberate suicide of the Kim family.

The North is run by the sickest, most twisted leaders to rule a nation since Stalin - but their motivation is to stay in power. Win or lose, a war with the South would bring their game to an abrupt and painful end.

Kim Jong-il's regime is even weirder and more despicable than you thought. - Slate Magazine

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top