JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not sure you need a good quality one, but depending on your brass direction, any of the Hobo Freight really cheap ones would work well.

What's an ideal sized tarp for catching brass? Mainly 5.56 AR, semi-auto pistols, and 22lr. Want a good quality one possibly. Pleases advise. My back sucks and I am tired of trying to pick up my brass.
Thanks.
I used a 4x8 or 5x8, which ever it is. It caught some but most were just off the tarp. Next time I'll shoot not stand on the tarp. But it still saved time rolling it all up.

What's an ideal sized tarp for catching brass? Mainly 5.56 AR, semi-auto pistols, and 22lr. Want a good quality one possibly. Pleases advise. My back sucks and I am tired of trying to pick up my brass.
Thanks.

You could also get one of those brass catchers that hook to the rifle itself. Probably have to empty it after every mag though, so it doesn't pull of your point of aim!

So my 8 year old and I went up to lane 4 this past Monday. Lanes 1 & 2 looked pretty good, lane 3 is in sad shape. Some disrespectful A-holes brought out their loveseat and shot it up, along with some bowling pins. Didn't get a detailed look at it as someone was using it, but it's bad. Lane 4 wasn't too bad, shot up wood and a few propane tanks - but the hornets, wow! We left early because my kid was fed up with them and anxious about getting stung. But thanks to whomever brought out the hornet trap, it's working but they are thick!

So my 8 year old and I went up to lane 4 this past Monday. Lanes 1 & 2 looked pretty good, lane 3 is in sad shape. Some disrespectful A-holes brought out their loveseat and shot it up, along with some bowling pins. Didn't get a detailed look at it as someone was using it, but it's bad. Lane 4 wasn't too bad, shot up wood and a few propane tanks - but the hornets, wow! We left early because my kid was fed up with them and anxious about getting stung. But thanks to whomever brought out the hornet trap, it's working but they are thick!
Thanks for the report. We have a clean up this weekend at Browns Camp. We might send a couple of guys and a truck over there to grab some of the bigger stuff.

Anyone out there on Saturday, that can pick up anything, we will have a dumpster provided for the cleanup at Browns Camp that can be utilized for these sites as well.

One word of advise regarding tarps, especially up on lanes 3 & 4, be sure to gather up four fist sized rocks (or larger) before laying down your tarp. Most days the wind is sufficient to blow your tarp all over the place, usually while you're shooting :)

Any one been up in the past few days? Can we shoot at the lanes without bringing gear? From my understanding you can shoot past the lanes still per regs as usual, as long as you have "fire tools"? If so would that be a shovel and water?

Yep the rules posted are to have a gallon of water and a shovel or a 2 1/2 lb fire extinguisher and a shovel.
Yep, all can be had for about the same as 200 rounds of 9mm.

It's important recreational shooters that do recreate on public lands represent themselves and others by having this gear.

Be safe out there guys and gals.

The water and shovel are state forest rules, the range rules doesnt allow to shoot beyond the backstop there if I recall.

Can anyone confirm?

@Cogs

The water and shovel are state forest rules, the range rules doesnt allow to shoot beyond the backstop there if I recall.

Can anyone confirm?

@Cogs
Yes, please do not shoot beyond the backstop. The backstop is there for a reason. Please use these lanes as intended.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top