JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Oh, no notifications from ODF on any closures recently. Randy would email or call if it were short notice.

Be sure you have the right road to the lanes! The road just before that is closed with a gate and sign.

@Cogs is right.

There is a new right hand turn, this turn came into life about a year or so ago, it is a logging area that is closed to public. This is the first right hand turn on North Fork Wolf Creek road.

The shooting lanes are the second right hand turn.

So yes, early in this thread the direction to the lanes was the first right hand turn, but as of about a year or so ago, it is the second right hand turn.

You know, I would assume active members from NWFA cleans up after themselves. And I believe there are frequent users from here. How is it that the lanes are filled with the same crap every week or two? Isn't it about time to put some gentle messages on the jersey barriers recommending cleaning up after yourselves? There must be some real pigs that go out there when everything's clean, and then just leave a bunch of their shotgun shells there..

I was at lane #2 a couple weeks ago, and it was pretty clean. I did take home more brass than I fired and picked up a few scraps of trash, but overall it was in good shape.

I was at lane #2 a couple weeks ago, and it was pretty clean. I did take home more brass than I fired and picked up a few scraps of trash, but overall it was in good shape.

I haven't been out there since the clean up this spring. Crossing Potland, TWICE, is not worth it anymore. Unless it was a clean-up gathering where we clean-up other spots in the area too. As far as brass goes, I think that scrapper and reloaders will take care of that for the most part.

Directions map.jpg

It's cool to see another organization sharing our beloved North Fork Wolf Creek Shooting Lanes!

This is from a Facebook page called Tillamook Forest Center. They 'Liked' Trash No Land and I 'Liked' them back. Good to see they are helping spread the message of responsible shooting on public lands!

TSF FB Post.jpg

I find that new folks are coming up all the time so it doesn't hurt to keep reminding them to bring out more than they came in with. Leave the old propane bottles and fire extinguishers home people. Shoot some steel and leave nothing but footprints!

I find that new folks are coming up all the time so it doesn't hurt to keep reminding them to bring out more than they came in with. Leave the old propane bottles and fire extinguishers home people. Shoot some steel and leave nothing but footprints!
Working fire extinguishers for fire suppression are needed, though.

We should probably be carrying our own extinguishers anyway, i highly recommend these, i had NO IDEA my regular extinguishers only lasted a few seconds - highlighted by seeing a dash cam very recently of a crashed motorcycle on fire and an onlookers extinguisher essentially doing NOTHING to help put out the fire.

No storage life restrictions
No storage condition restrictions
Only the size of a road flare

Element - Advanced Fire Protection

Oh i do indeed bring my own. And a shovel and water, etc. the post i was replying to above, i read to mean having some available at the lanes themselves. If there were a method to do so, i would contribute.

The fire extinguishers I saw up there were shot up garbage. That's what I was talking about. Also clay pigeon targets,while degradable sure are an eyesore. Can we all just commit to carrying out what we bring in?

The fire extinguishers I saw up there were shot up garbage. That's what I was talking about. Also clay pigeon targets,while degradable sure are an eyesore. Can we all just commit to carrying out what we bring in?

All of us here are committed to carrying out what we bring in. We also carry out what others bring in and leave behind. We do what we can to spread the word when we meet others at the public sites. Sometimes the message is received, other times it isn't.

That's just how we do things here on NWFA.

Last Edited:
Well I went up here today and had some fun and met some folks. There's a lot of trash down the ranges but we did pickup quite a bit of brass before i left. I will bring trash-bags next time i go up there. I'm not sure when that will be though as My car is a bit low to the ground for me to want to risk going up that road again.

Well I went up here today and had some fun and met some folks. There's a lot of trash down the ranges but we did pickup quite a bit of brass before i left. I will bring trash-bags next time i go up there. I'm not sure when that will be though as My car is a bit low to the ground for me to want to risk going up that road again.
Thanks for the report! We gotta keep us all up to date on the current conditions, how these lanes are treated and the experiences we have out there. Great to hear about new meetings too! Pics are always great to add!

Yep, standard gear should always include a few extra trash bags. Don't forget the required fire prevention gear!!!

Enjoy!

Bill

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top