JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Gee. I hope someone comes to help me eat this stuff!

Lots of food.jpg
Croissonwich sandwiches and wraps.
Fridge tonight & coolers in the morning.

Getting hot coffee for the morning meeting and will have donuts & muffins. I'd say we're eating darn pretty good! (It's 'cause I appreciate volunteers and I got a little bit of 'hospitality' blood in me!).

See y'all at 9.

Bill

Gee. I hope someone comes to help me eat this stuff!

View attachment 1887282
Croissonwich sandwiches and wraps.
Fridge tonight & coolers in the morning.

Getting hot coffee for the morning meeting and will have donuts & muffins. I'd say we're eating darn pretty good! (It's 'cause I appreciate volunteers and I got a little bit of 'hospitality' blood in me!).

See y'all at 9.

Bill
I plan on being there!

Aww man! Wish I could be there to help out with that food :D

Seriously though, that's top notch and I'm sorry I couldn't make it to help clean up on this one :(

We rocked it today! All aspects accomplished! Total of 880 pounds removed from the lanes (including a few pounds from further up Wolf Creek Rd).

We had about 25 volunteers (I haven't counted them yet, and some didn't fill out the sign-in sheet, but roughly 25ish). We could probably add at least 10 others who actively cleaned up the lanes for the past 2 weeks! Especially grateful for whoever cleaned the dump site off the edge of lane 4!

All lanes now look real nice! We paint covered the graffiti from all Jersey Barriers (on both sides), pressure washed graffiti from most of the boulders (but I ran out of my 30 gallons of water, so there's a couple rocks that didn't get done. Minor ones however.), and all kiosk boards now have new signage.

I had enough food for 60 to 80 people, so I donated the excess to nearby neighbors. Most are limited income on social security, so it was greatly appreciated. The Salvation Army Food Bank was closed when I got home.

It was a nice, easy-going day and everyone enjoyed their time. We got done about 11:30 thanks to the pre-cleanup volunteers.

Thanks to all who came out today! Sure great to see you all again!

Dump Load.jpg Lane 1 After.jpg Lane 2 After.jpg Lane 3 After.jpg

Lane 4 After.jpg Waste Mngmt Weigh Ticket 5-25-24.jpg

The day started with disappointment and frustration for some.

I arrived about 6:30 Am and Lane 1 was the only lane open. As I stopped at each lane, I informed all shooters about today's cleanup and we will be closing the lanes from 8:30 to 1. Boy, that didn't settle well with some! But they understood and were accommodating.

Lane 2 was cool with it, as he only had a few more rounds to send down range. Lane 3 was one guy waiting for a group to show up (from Washington) and he wasn't happy about this surprise! Lane 4 had a cool group shooting videos and having a great time, until I showed up, but they figured they could wrap up their fun by 8:30.

Lesson learned... Read the signs! The whole place was well posted about the clean up on May 25th! But hey, no need to read the signs.
Sign, sign
Everywhere a sign
Blockin' out the scenery
Breakin' my mind
Do this, don't do that
Can't you read the sign?

Still, all lanes were quiet from 8:30 till noon. All occupants joined in on the cleanup. Geez, I always meet good people at shooting places!

Had a great time even if it rained a little. Food was great as always. Place looked great on the way out.
We dropped down to HWY 6 and went to Cedar Butte on the way home. Tracy is getting into rock hounding. There is a big wash that we watched some videos on that has Augite crystals in it. Went to Pacific City and had dinner then went by an ex-coworker/ fishing buddy house that I lost contact with about 15 years ago. Amazingly found his house and he was outside when we drove by his house. We had a great conversation and started to catch up on the last 15 years.
We had a great day.
1000003532.jpg 1000003531.jpg 1000003530.jpg 1000003528.jpg 1000003526.jpg 1000003525.jpg 1000003535.jpg 1000003534.jpg

We rocked it today! All aspects accomplished! Total of 880 pounds removed from the lanes (including a few pounds from further up Wolf Creek Rd).

We had about 25 volunteers (I haven't counted them yet, and some didn't fill out the sign-in sheet, but roughly 25ish). We could probably add at least 10 others who actively cleaned up the lanes for the past 2 weeks! Especially grateful for whoever cleaned the dump site off the edge of lane 4!

All lanes now look real nice! We paint covered the graffiti from all Jersey Barriers (on both sides), pressure washed graffiti from most of the boulders (but I ran out of my 30 gallons of water, so there's a couple rocks that didn't get done. Minor ones however.), and all kiosk boards now have new signage.

I had enough food for 60 to 80 people, so I donated the excess to nearby neighbors. Most are limited income on social security, so it was greatly appreciated. The Salvation Army Food Bank was closed when I got home.

It was a nice, easy-going day and everyone enjoyed their time. We got done about 11:30 thanks to the pre-cleanup volunteers.

Thanks to all who came out today! Sure great to see you all again!

View attachment 1887829 View attachment 1887830 View attachment 1887831 View attachment 1887832

View attachment 1887833 View attachment 1887834
Damn, looked like a nice time. I hate getting old. Pulled a muscle in a bad place a couple of weeks ago and I'm still recovering from it.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
  • Stanwood, WA
Oregon Arms Collectors June 2024 Gun Show
  • Portland, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top