JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What your job in that Area?

Not quite sure what you're asking, but I work on (and can/do install) all aspects of refrigeration applications (low-temp, med-temp, hi-temp), as well as all manner of HVAC equipment and controls, practical mechanical repair/maintenance, and I'm licensed to work on boilers ranging from your basic water heater all the way up to your mammoth power boilers at hospitals, high-tech facilities, and industrial plants, etc.

It's a rather handy skill-set that I've built over the last 29 years, and because "physics is physics" it's applicable to an amazing amount of life's practical "challenges". I absolutely HATE working on residential projects (even my own stuff) as I'm a commercial/industrial guy who gets paid to be on-call 24/7 (wether I get called out or not), and I generally don't do side-jobs. ;)

Selling refrigerators to eskimos? :D

I refuse to rub noses with them in order to close the deal! :s0140:

Not quite sure what you're asking, but I work on (and can/do install) all aspects of refrigeration applications (low-temp, med-temp, hi-temp), as well as all manner of HVAC equipment and controls, practical mechanical repair/maintenance, and I'm licensed to work on boilers ranging from your basic water heater all the way up to your mammoth power boilers at hospitals, high-tech facilities, and industrial plants, etc.

It's a rather handy skill-set that I've built over the last 29 years, and because "physics is physics" it's applicable to an amazing amount of life's practical "challenges". I absolutely HATE working on residential projects (even my own stuff) as I'm a commercial/industrial guy who gets paid to be on-call 24/7 (wether I get called out or not), and I generally don't do side-jobs. ;)

I refuse to rub noses with them in order to close the deal! :s0140:
Well you seem like a happy dude so you must love it.

I go every 4-5 years, question is why have they gotten so expensive?

From what I see it depends on the car. So many of them now take a battery made to fit in a certain space. Often a very small space. My older jeeps both will take basically anything I want to put in there. I can go to anyplace selling them and find one cheap. Now Sons Honda while ago one was going. Price was twice what one for the jeeps went for. It had to fit in a spot half the damn size. This seems to make a huge difference in price. Trying to put the cranking power into a smaller package to fit the allotted space they make for the damn thing to sit.

Side post batteries suck.
My Chevy work vans all had them and you never get the promised months out of them and the inevitable leaking battery acid ruins the drivers side sheet metal.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews