JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey all!
Just traded for a Norinco Mak 90 (AK-47), and it has a thumbhole stock. I want to convert it to a standard AK stock. I'd prefer wood, but Polymer would be ok too. I know Ironwood makes a nice furniture set, but I am balking a bit at the $165 + shipping. Mine is the Milled, angle cut receiver with 1 tang. Anyone have advice and/or other options?
Thanks!
Chris

If you end up wanting nice wood, and if you are in no hurry, Ironwood sometimes has deals on overruns, seconds, etc.. Check out their "Woodpile" section on the website. The finish will look as good as the time and effort you put into it. The risk in going that route it is might end up looking too nice, and from then on it might get treated like a "baby" instead of like an "AK."

ok well i was just trying to help, i actually like modifying my guns to be more personal. I think if you build it yourself or mod it , it is way cooler. Anyone can buy a part, not to many can modify or make parts.;-)

@ imandrew18: I appreciate that. Woodworking, however, is not one of my strong suits! I can make a straight item like shelves, etc, but modding a stock would probably not come out well.
Chris