JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello all. I have an idea for a non-lethal self defense gun. I have done the engineering and chemistry and looked at ways to do low cost production. I looked at the concerns that do similar things and saw one that had an air actuated pepper ball gun. They sold $4 million of them in the first full quarter the gun was for sale so there is a market there.

I'm thinking I could take the engineering work to the manufactures but if I do that what's likely to happen is I am going to be an employee with an equity positions. Conversely if I start building cartridges we could sell to different manufacturers and have a business.

I'm good at the chemistry, engineering and the business end of things but need some help. I need between 200 and 500 feet of dedicated secure indoor industrial space (can not be in a residential or office space type building). Access to a machine shop (DRO lathe and milling machine) would be ducky but not entirely necessary and a little bit of capital to build some tooling. If anyone might be interested in helping out with any of that and wants to get involved in a project let me know and I can get you more information. If it works it's good for some dough. [email protected]

Little bit of devil's advocate here.

Why draw your firearm and shoot them with non lethals? If you've drawn you've already committed to shooting them and by drawing you have acknowledged they are a lethal threat but then depend on something that doesn't even affect everyone and may not stop the fight?

If the threat is great enough to warrant drawing a firearm it needs to be eliminated and not just slowed or discouraged. It has to become not a threat.

Might as well not carry a firearm as the legal implications of just brandishing are not worth making them cry a little.

Kimber already had a pepper gel 2 shot "gun" that won't get you in trouble for brandishing and walking into a federal building.

Am I missing something?

I can see things like crowd control with larger air burst or impact splatter as I plan to load for a grenade launcher.

Little bit of devil's advocate here.

Why draw your firearm and shoot them with non lethals? If you've drawn you've already committed to shooting them and by drawing you have acknowledged they are a lethal threat but then depend on something that doesn't even affect everyone and may not stop the fight?

If the threat is great enough to warrant drawing a firearm it needs to be eliminated and not just slowed or discouraged. It has to become not a threat.

Might as well not carry a firearm as the legal implications of just brandishing are not worth making them cry a little.

Kimber already had a pepper gel 2 shot "gun" that won't get you in trouble for brandishing and walking into a federal building.

Am I missing something?

I can see things like crowd control with larger air burst or impact splatter as I plan to load for a grenade launcher.

Same problem as with a Taser probably be a similar protocol. I live in Portland, and some days ago the police in Tigard had to shoot a deranged gut brandishing a knife. The far left used it as an excuse to riot. Causes problems costs money. PhotonGun would just be another tool to use to solve the problem in a cost efficient non-lethal way. .

Think about how this could be used in places like prisons and jails. Anything that reduces the need for impact weapons or reduces prong injuries would make millions.
I hope. I think it has some legs. Never going to be a huge deal but big enough for folk of modest means like me. Importantly I think it's big enough to attract a corporate buyer or partner.

Same problem as with a Taser probably be a similar protocol. I live in Portland, and some days ago the police in Tigard had to shoot a deranged gut brandishing a knife. The far left used it as an excuse to riot. Causes problems costs money. PhotonGun would just be another tool to use to solve the problem in a cost efficient non-lethal way. .
As much as I'm all for not hurting those that don't deserve/need it I can't help but wonder about the legal consequences for the user.

I don't really care that a bunch of commie wackjobs rioted over a nut job being removed. They rioted for a violent felon too. They rioted because a kid shot a couple felons and sex offenders who were trying to kill him. Scum like that don't need a reason, just an excuse. That garbage seems to go with the territory, sadly. Small towns do not have that problem. We have our own and the sheep of scotland have learned to identify the sound of a zipper!

What is the legality in Oregon around brandishing a firearm and not using it, brandishing, pointing it at someone and then brandishing, pointing and firing with lethal or non lethal? I believe all are taken the same way. I havnt read the laws recently.

I am of the opinion that if you carry a firearm you need to be mentally ready to use it. If you pull that firearm the threat is a threat to your life and there is no other way out. Non lethal has been argued in court to mean you thought there was a way out but shot them anyways.

For LEO/crowd control it could be a viable option. For a private individual such as myself I see it as a huge liability.

For the private individual it will need to be something 100% easily identifiable as not a firearm and also not be able to be modified in any way to fire a live round. Kimbers pepper gel thing for an example.

I'm just being devil's advocate here. I am not your intended clientele. I'll use copper and lead before I'll use a non lethal. I am interested to see where this goes.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top