JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If I may offer 1 bit of advice...Spend the money on your footwear.

Other things you can get away with being cheap on, but I'll never recommend cheap footwear. Personally I buy Danner boots, with the USA label (American Made).

Buy Once Cry Once.

Wasn't sure of the best place to post this but does anyone know of a good pair of black boots that aren't made of leather/fake leather?
Something like these but don't cost a fortune? https://chiefsupply.com/products/th...nd-hiking-boot-8346383?variant=11745908850731

Decent 9" boots are going to start at $160 bare minimum.

Curious why you don't want leather?

I wear mine all year round. Not too hot in the summer and waterproof in the winter.

What you want them for primarily makes a massive difference in what will be recommended.

Decent 9" boots are going to start at $160 bare minimum.

Curious why you don't want leather?

I wear mine all year round. Not too hot in the summer and waterproof in the winter.

What you want them for primarily makes a massive difference in what will be recommended.
Leather requires maintenance and 160 is a lot cheaper than 260 especially considering i'm only going to use them outside of work. Mainly for marys peak.

Leather requires maintenance
Not really...Just apply this twice a year and you're golden. Takes 10-15 minutes per boot if you're slow.

Take a look at LA Police Gear and Botach Tactical online. They're prices are excellent, because often they're closeouts or similar products marked down. Even their regular prices are pretty good, but that means some of their stuff may not be available in your size.

I like Merrill's because they're always light and comfortable and they're American made.

My only leather boots are some old Ariats and some even older Justins. I'm due for a new pair. Maybe.

^ This. Totally not an area to scrimp on.
Plus whatever....
I'm a Danner whore, but Wescos are even nicer....my go to are Rainforests with a pair of over-run USMC desert boots for summer....I average 5-6 years out of each that way..with minimal maintenance.
Also have some Danner hikers for casual, but I do like Merril a little better in those.

Take a look at LA Police Gear and Botach Tactical online. They're prices are excellent, because often they're closeouts or similar products marked down. Even their regular prices are pretty good, but that means some of their stuff may not be available in your size.

I like Merrill's because they're always light and comfortable and they're American made.

My only leather boots are some old Ariats and some even older Justins. I'm due for a new pair. Maybe.

Better to have another pair broken in before the old ones die for sure;)

I'll second LAPolicegear.com - bought one of their bags for $35. It is just as good as the $160 maxpidition pack I was looking at.

I also like Merill. However there are many non leather brands that work well as long as they are Gore Tex. Gore Tex is water proof, but breaths. The other so called water proof designs don't and make my feet sweat.

Dunno if they make em in black, but I've got some McRaes that are pretty ok. Mostly cordura but they do have a little leather. I don't "maintain" them at all.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top