Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Non-leather black boots?

If I may offer 1 bit of advice...Spend the money on your footwear.

Other things you can get away with being cheap on, but I'll never recommend cheap footwear. Personally I buy Danner boots, with the USA label (American Made).

Buy Once Cry Once.

Joe13

Reactions
Wasn't sure of the best place to post this but does anyone know of a good pair of black boots that aren't made of leather/fake leather?
Something like these but don't cost a fortune? https://chiefsupply.com/products/thorogood-firestalker-elite-9-wildland-hiking-boot-8346383?variant=11745908850731
Decent 9" boots are going to start at $160 bare minimum.

Curious why you don't want leather?

I wear mine all year round. Not too hot in the summer and waterproof in the winter.

What you want them for primarily makes a massive difference in what will be recommended.

OP
draza
Reactions
Decent 9" boots are going to start at $160 bare minimum.

Curious why you don't want leather?

I wear mine all year round. Not too hot in the summer and waterproof in the winter.

What you want them for primarily makes a massive difference in what will be recommended.
Leather requires maintenance and 160 is a lot cheaper than 260 especially considering i'm only going to use them outside of work. Mainly for marys peak.

Leather requires maintenance
Not really...Just apply this twice a year and you're golden. Takes 10-15 minutes per boot if you're slow.

GOG

Reactions
Take a look at LA Police Gear and Botach Tactical online. They're prices are excellent, because often they're closeouts or similar products marked down. Even their regular prices are pretty good, but that means some of their stuff may not be available in your size.

I like Merrill's because they're always light and comfortable and they're American made.

My only leather boots are some old Ariats and some even older Justins. I'm due for a new pair. Maybe.

I like Amsoil myself and have been putting that in the same pickup truck for over 20 years now.
A couple I had good results with are Redline and Royal Purple. (Yes, I realized I just contributed to the thread drift, but they are good synthetics.)

Joe13

Reactions
Take a look at LA Police Gear and Botach Tactical online. They're prices are excellent, because often they're closeouts or similar products marked down. Even their regular prices are pretty good, but that means some of their stuff may not be available in your size.

I like Merrill's because they're always light and comfortable and they're American made.

My only leather boots are some old Ariats and some even older Justins. I'm due for a new pair. Maybe.
Better to have another pair broken in before the old ones die for sure;)

I'll second LAPolicegear.com - bought one of their bags for $35. It is just as good as the $160 maxpidition pack I was looking at.

Reactions: GOG

Hawaiian

Reactions
I also like Merill. However there are many non leather brands that work well as long as they are Gore Tex. Gore Tex is water proof, but breaths. The other so called water proof designs don't and make my feet sweat.

x2ndxall

Reactions
Dunno if they make em in black, but I've got some McRaes that are pretty ok. Mostly cordura but they do have a little leather. I don't "maintain" them at all.

NEW CLASSIFIED ADS

LATEST REVIEWS

• Rangemaster Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    I have done business with Jeff for many years,he is trustworthy and honest
    • grpolarbear
  • Rangemaster Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    I've known him from the beginning. I trust him completely. His prices are fair. He is technically competent in all aspects of gunsmithing and...
    • OLDMANWINTER
  • Country Line Shooting Sports
    5.00 star(s)
    If you like a good mom and pop, country store, County Line only lacks the cracker barrel and chairs to be damn near perfect. They try and for the...
    • CptPh0t0n
  • Brimstone Gunsmithing
    5.00 star(s)
    David is kind, considerate and a true professional as are the rest of his staff ! Thanks
    • LuLuBelle
  • Brimstone Gunsmithing
    5.00 star(s)
    Back in April, I had Brimstone do a Tier 1 trigger job for my 10/22 race gun build. After months of use and a handful of speed steel events, I...
    • Mister Bisley