Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

No resources for M1903's?

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by F2CMaDMaXX, Jul 9, 2016.

1. F2CMaDMaXX

F2CMaDMaXX West of Portland from England Bullet goes where now? Staff Member Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Is it me, or is there practically nothing out there (on the web) for M1903 information, at least in comparison to the M1 Garand stuff.

Does anyone know of any good resources on the web for this rifle?

2. MountainBear

MountainBear Sweet Home, OR Well-Known Member

3. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

F2CMaDMaXX likes this.
  4. MountainBear

MountainBear Sweet Home, OR Well-Known Member

If you an answer on a forum and can wade through some occasionally arrogant people, the CMP forums is still one of the better sights. Also has an excellent marketplace dedicated to different things including mostly US milsurp bolt actions and parts...

ron and F2CMaDMaXX like this.
  5. Velzey

Velzey Estacada, Oregon Gunsmith Gunsmith Bronze Vendor Bronze Supporter

I agree, the CMP forums are pretty good. But I tend to go there just to read. One wrong word and I am a big dummy, and then mayhem ensues. Then I get banned again. :(

There are several good books on them, a couple are out of print now and demand a premium. But still worth it, in my line of work.
    The Vi Shooter page is a great resource! I have used it for years.

This is a pretty good resource book, but getting hard to find. I found one for $75
    And a quick search I found a few around the $50-60 range, used of course.

Brophy.jpg

6. F2CMaDMaXX

F2CMaDMaXX West of Portland from England Bullet goes where now? Staff Member Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Thanks guys, kinda parts, mostly info etc. I'll check out the links.

I had a lot easier time finding stuff on the Garand, but the M1903 just seemed a lot more sparse for online info.

7. Medic!

Medic! What just happened? Has eagle eyes. But cant remember what he saw. Bronze Supporter

I'm not sure if this will surprise you or not.
    But we do have people here that know about these guns. And would enjoy seeing some detailed pictures. ;)

F2CMaDMaXX likes this.
  8. F2CMaDMaXX

Nothing to photograph yet, embarrassingly the Garand is still in parts over a year later (rectified soon!)

The 1903? Soon(ish) to come, similar situation, but not yet owned by myself, it's being prepared :)

Medic! and MountainBear like this.