JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm curious about this too. I don't like to follow links largely because of all the ads, popups and BS tracking cookies these "news" sites like to use. A lot of them these days aren't even allowing content to be displayed without disabling my ad blocker, which I refuse to do. Seeing clean, unadulterated text in the post is my personal preference.

I'm curious if some of these sites are backtracking posted links and threatening the site owners with nonsense legal actions?

I'm curious if some of these sites are backtracking posted links and threatening the site owners with nonsense legal actions?

This is exactly what's happening, for both images and news articles. I'm not sure how many regularly used Google Image Search, but it's so bad that even they've made it so you have to visit the actual site to view the image.

With ad blockers decreasing revenue everywhere, content providers are coming up with all sorts of ways to make up for it. We're not doing so well ourselves here for the same reason. Thankfully our members are generous with donations or we wouldn't be able to keep the lights on.

For what it's worth, I couldn't agree more with people who use ad blockers on most sites. Many of them are so full of ads the site barely functions (and in some cases, it doesn't!). We try to keep it clean and non-invasive here; I'll never put user experience over revenue.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top