JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I still have relatives and friends in Cali. If there is no spread of Cali liberal loonieness, why is it that I constantly hear from California transplants, over the last 40yrs, that we are just a bunch of rube rednecks that don't know how to do things properly? Then they set about to change the laws and get their ideas implanted locally.

You really think that Somalian refugees and Iraqi refugees that have taken over in Minnesota and Michigan had no influence on their towns? Same thing with the massive migration of Californians into places like Boise. You talk to the natives there and many complain because things are being changed.

Leave your Kalifornication at the border!

I'll use the line from your signature area:

"You are either with us...as Americans. Or, You are against us. There is no IN BETWEEN."

Kinda seems like you are advocating for your own brand of "in between."

Here I thought I was an American - that I didn't need to be asked for my "papers" to go across our border or ask someone's permission to relocate. LOL, seems like you need a really large statewide HOA board to set/enforce some rules and regs for everyone to follow. Or maybe just go back to property deed restrictions. But no, those are things that are not American.

Change is hard no matter where you live. We can either communicate and help to shape positive change or just fight amongst ourselves to no benefit.

Change is hard no matter where you live. We can either communicate and help to shape positive change or just fight amongst ourselves to no benefit.

Who decides what "positive" change is? Why is being asked not to peddle progressive ideas and policies of another state the equivalent of being banned or told you can't live somewhere? Why are so many Cali transplants so excessively defensive? Why is it a problem when natives or others b!tch about changes that they don't like? Why are we expected to just roll over and accept these changes? Why are there so many radicals and Antifa types at Berkeley? Why is California a sanctuary state? Why is California so smoggy? Why are so many Californians so liberal? Why do so many rescue dogs come from the San Fernando Valley? Why does the world's foremost expert on Brown Recluse Spiders get ignored when he claims there are no natural populations west of the Mississippi? Why do rioters burn down their own neighborhoods?

"Why can't we all just get along?" We do actually, at least here. Words and opinions are not harming anyone... now if we could put those into law, that might be a different case.

Many will recall the plaintive call of Rodney King, the man whose vicious beating by members of the Los Angeles police department was caught on video. Mr. King cried out, "Why can't we all just get along?" The reason we cannot always get along seems to be based, in part, on our brains. Why Can't We All Just Get Along?

Who decides what "positive" change is? Why is being asked not to peddle progressive ideas and policies of another state the equivalent of being banned or told you can't live somewhere? Why are so many Cali transplants so excessively defensive? Why is it a problem when natives or others b!tch about changes that they don't like? Why are we expected to just roll over and accept these changes? Why are there so many radicals and Antifa types at Berkeley? Why is California a sanctuary state? Why is California so smoggy? Why are so many Californians so liberal? Why do so many rescue dogs come from the San Fernando Valley? Why does the world's foremost expert on Brown Recluse Spiders get ignored when he claims there are no natural populations west of the Mississippi? Why do rioters burn down their own neighborhoods?

"Why can't we all just get along?" We do actually, at least here. Words and opinions are not harming anyone... now if we could put those into law, that might be a different case.

Many will recall the plaintive call of Rodney King, the man whose vicious beating by members of the Los Angeles police department was caught on video. Mr. King cried out, "Why can't we all just get along?" The reason we cannot always get along seems to be based, in part, on our brains. Why Can't We All Just Get Along?
:s0101:

Great points and well said.

There are people in this country and this world that just don't want others ideals shoved down their throats. Period.

It's just how critical thinking humans tend to be...

@ARFrog don't feel put upon. You new here.
Here's my view. My last 4 supervisors and managers were all transfers up from CA. They moved because their 680-890K house sold and they got a better one here for half. They did not come for elk hunting. They did not come for 30 round mags. But they brought their philosophy. And found people in Portland to hug. It's not 100% one way in either state.
If 85% of CA residents oppose what most of us here believe in, then it follows them when they move. They don't adapt.

:s0101:

Great points and well said.

There are people in this country and this world that just don't want others ideals shoved down their throats. Period.

It's just how critical thinking humans tend to be...

Thanx man!!!

I agree. And BTW, critical is my native mode. :D

Here's my view. My last 4 supervisors and managers were all transfers up from CA. They moved because their 680-890K house sold and they got a better one here for half. They did not come for elk hunting. They did not come for 30 round mags. But they brought their philosophy. And found people in Portland to hug. It's not 100% one way in either state.
If 85% of CA residents oppose what most of us here believe in, then it follows them when they move. They don't adapt.

Well said!

IMO as our nation further Balkanizes, we all fall victim to the trend that the great Melting Pot is no longer melting.

Just musing: I moved here from San Diego in 1980... for the fishing, upland bird and waterfowl hunting, and big game hunting. For the forests and the rivers and the open spaces. I could have found work anywhere, but La Grande seemed about the right size with Eastern Oregon College balanced against Timber and Ag. But 40yrs later it's now Eastern Oregon University, there is very little timber and ag. The USFS is locking up the forests via Travel Management Plan(s), and the ODFW has priced me out of hunting and fishing. And I can't afford fuel to go visit the rivers and wide open spaces. So here I sit, getting more out of shape everyday, wrangling a few words onto the screen of my laptop @NWFA. I don't have the rational thought that it's a positive change. I'm 66yrs old... will I live to be 86yrs old? ... I may not want to... something's gonna have to change.

This is generally very true. People most often move for economic opportunity, not so much ideology. For example a young gal in the company I work for recently relocated for work, from Seattle to Texas. I can guarantee that Texas just got a little more "progressive". To give you an idea of her ideology, she idolizes Justin Trudeau. She's a really nice person, but positively wacky left.

The biological functioning of a liberal vs conservative is different and this info can be found easily on the net. No sense talking to some of these people because their brain is hot wired to be aggressive, rejecting authority, and have unresolved hostile parent issues. Many are morally narcissistic.

Thanks for the perspective Superguide. I do not feel put upon but see the same type of circling the wagons sometimes in of the Calguns posts.

Let me state for the record that I have not walked in your shoes and will defer to your experiences. Let me also state that it makes it hard to dialog and come to any common ground on hobbies, legislation or ??? when there is with some a moat mentality.

I deal with folks on a regular basis that are fleeing CA to Idaho, Washington, Arizona and Texas because of quality of life, tax policy and 2A issues. In fact, I have a couple of clients who like to push my buttons about how easy it is to get a CCW or buy a firearm of choice without Nani-State Roster issues.

That said let me do two things:

1.) I apologize for any knuckleheads that I have sent your way and that I have not properly educated about adaptation

2.) I am going to call a "moderator flag" on myself and apologize to AMT who started this post. I did not mean to thread-jack it.

Again, Merry Christmas to all!

Let me state for the record that I have not walked in your shoes and will defer to your experiences. Let me also state that it makes it hard to dialog and come to any common ground on hobbies, legislation or ??? when there is with some a moat mentality.

It can be frustrating to always feel attacked because of where you live, and judged because of the majority, when you're in the minority. My dad has nothing good to say about Oregon and constantly berates the state I call home in any conversation. One day I'd had enough and just told him that if he would criticize the looneys in Salem and all the wackos who vote for them, I would agree with him all day long, but there are still plenty of good people left in this beautiful state and blanket condemning them all because of the statists who have taken control is unfair. The same holds true for California or any other state.

Let me add that lots of non-gun owning people from New York and other East Coast locations bring their political-social disease with them along with their telegraphing accents of intellectual superiority. Many just love to impose their political narcissism onto others, their intolerance towards others and in many cased learned "sh_t" from history. Many come from European heritage where there relatives were BBQ'd in WW II and have not learned from the mistakes of their lost families, lost property, lost their countries, political influence from fascist or communist governments. Many of these non-2A Easterners, from New York, New Jersey, Maryland, and others, have come Oregon to impose their social disease. Some of this may have started in the 1960's when lots of New Yorker's and Easterners went to California and imposed their Eastern ideas on the Californians. Then, Easterners went to Seattle, and did the same thing in the 1980's and 1990's and we can see the anti-gun development in Washington now. In recent years persons with social-political disease came from California and the Eastern states and ruined or accelerated the destruction of the way of life in Oregon--especially Portland. Many are identifiable with their continued over stay license plates. JMHO

The biological functioning of a liberal vs conservative is different and this info can be found easily on the net. No sense talking to some of these people because their brain is hot wired to be aggressive, rejecting authority, and have unresolved hostile parent issues. Many are morally narcissistic.

Wait, you didn't specify which group!

You can add either more soda or more scotch to your drink. One dilutes, one strengthens.

Let me also state that it makes it hard to dialog and come to any common ground on hobbies, legislation or ??? when there is with some a moat mentality.

If the moat ever gets built south of Mt. Ashland, there are many here that will row their driftboats across and pick you up if you're carrying scotch.

Let me add that lots of non-gun owning people from New York and other East Coast

Yah, I admit to heavy bias against anything Eastern, and in particular New Yock and Joysey. To a lesser extent anything east of ol Miss, and north of Kentucky. I don't know about non-gun owning, but too many bad ideas have started there. When going to school there, I was constantly asked if we had cut down all the trees yet... and they were serious. Seriously ignorant, while displaying huge arrogance and elite attitude. Yah, I been there, don't need it in my life.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top