JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So, Dad gave me his Security Six today, sweet looking revolver.

But he has no idea where the key to the trigger lock is as he put the lock on it when it was given to him and he never fired the gun.

My first though was a locksmith, but looking at it, it seems to be a cheap enough lock that I could just drill it out.

Any advice for removal? It is a Master Lock brand that covers the trigger.

TIA

G87RvLW7JorPcFMO6kASA0R1Pvg4Kc8_2MzznxEb_JE=w140-h78-p.jpg

IMG_20141207_145713_740.jpg

Put some Pachmayr Decelerator grips on that Ruger and you will not regret it.
Easiest revolver to work on and very accurate.
The early 150- serial #'s won't fit replacement grips, only the 151's.
Wolff Springs makes a reduced trigger pull set that helps somewhat with the stiff double action.

Put some Pachmayr Decelerator grips on that Ruger and you will not regret it.
Easiest revolver to work on and very accurate.
The early 150- serial #'s won't fit replacement grips, only the 151's.
Wolff Springs makes a reduced trigger pull set that helps somewhat with the stiff double action.
===========================================

I was thinking some rubber grips might be in order.
This is a 150 which I believe dates to late 1973, are you saying I will not be able to find Pachmeyers for it?
I am hesitant to change the spring because I like my guns factory, but it does look straight forward enough and as long as I keep the stock spring,,, need to shoot this thing first.

The only way that the 151 series aftermarket grips will fit your gun, is to grind off the flared lower back edge of the grip frame.
Most folks would rather not do that, so one guy found out that you could take a set of Pachmayr Presentation grips that fit a Ruger Redhawk and with a little internal altering to the rubber (Dremel tool) they will work remarkably well.
I think that I have a set of grips that might fit your gun.
If I find them, I will get back to you via PM.

Yes I popped the lock off with a screw driver.

So if any one wants the trigger lock let me know it's in great shape, you just need to supply your own screw driver to use as a key.

Yes I popped the lock off with a screw driver.

So if any one wants the trigger lock let me know it's in great shape, you just need to supply your own screw driver to use as a key.

LOL.

reminds me when I lost the key to my wheel lug nut lock. Just pounded on a 3/4" socket onto the outside of it and it came off easily. Useless invention.

I think I'd only use a trigger lock if I was it some crazy hypothetical situation where I had absolutely no other option than handing a loaded pistol to a toddler. And then I'd still still run out of the room.

One more method to add to the list - I had to remove one after the key was lost too - take a channel lock (or other adjustable plier), grab a hold of one side and twist - it will pop right off - takes all of 5 seconds. These types of locks aren't much of a deterrent to any but maybe young children and anti-gunners who would be too afraid to touch them in the first place.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top