JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$2100
Manufacturer
Nighthawk Custom
Caliber
45 ACP
City
Portland
State
Oregon
Zip Code
As much as I'd love to keep this, it's time to let it go. I really stretched to get this gun, knowing full well our relationship wouldn't last. I'm happy for the time we spent together, but this fine lady is simply out of my league (and my other 1911's are getting jealous) :D

This gun was actually sold here on NWFA by the original owner back in 2014. I acquired it from the second owner this past summer, seizing the opportunity to own one of the finest 1911's on the planet (even for just a short while). As mentioned in the original owners' ad, he sent it off to Red Creek Tactical for black Cerakote. Other than that the gun is as it came from the factory. Aside from a minor bit of holster wear the gun is in very good condition. Taking the previous owners at their word, I believe the total round count is below 1,000 rounds. I'm happy to take larger/additional/specific photos upon request.

Not much more for me to say about this, so here are the details from the Nighthawk Custom website.

The T3 has the best features for any gun its size. It has an officer frame with a commander size slide. It features a Nighthawk T3 magwell, Heinie Slant Pro Straight Eight tritium rear sight, and serrated rear of the slide to match the sights. The top of the slide is also serrated to reduce glare. When you put all of these features in one package, you come up with the finest carry gun you can own.

The T3 Thin has all the features you love about the T3 with a reduced grip circumference. It has a thinned front strap, flat mainspring housing, and thin alien grips, which is an excellent option for people that prefer a smaller grip to the traditional 1911.
  • Forged officer size frame and 4.25" barrel
  • Match grade .45 ACP barrel
  • T3 magwell
  • Heinie Slant Pro Straight Eight Tritium night sights
  • Thinned front strap and mainspring housing
  • Ultra-thin G10 Alien grips with no logo
  • Serrated slide top
  • 25 lines per inch checkered front strap
  • Horizontal "no-snag" serrated mainspring housing
  • 40 lines per inch serrated rear of slide to match rear sight
  • Shortened slide stop and beveled frame
  • Crowned barrel flush with bushing
  • Lightweight aluminum Nighthawk Custom tri-cavity trigger
  • New ultra hi-cut front strap
  • Completely dehorned for comfortable carry
  • Checkered recoil spring plug

$2100

Buyer is responsible for the background check and transfer fee.

Thanks for looking (or drooling) :s0114:

Joe Link

DSC_0279.JPG DSC_0280.JPG DSC_0281.JPG DSC_0282.JPG

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
As much as I'd love to keep this, it's time to let it go. I really stretched to get this gun, knowing full well our relationship wouldn't last. I'm happy for the time we spent together, but this fine lady is simply out of my league (and my other 1911's are getting jealous) :D

This gun was actually sold here on NWFA by the original owner back in 2014. I acquired it from the second owner this past summer, seizing the opportunity to own one of the finest 1911's on the planet (even for just a short while). As mentioned in the original owners' ad, he sent it off to Red Creek Tactical for black Cerakote. Other than that the gun is as it came from the factory. Aside from a minor bit of holster wear the gun is in very good condition. Taking the previous owners at their word, I believe the total round count is below 1,000 rounds. I'm happy to take larger/additional/specific photos upon request.

Not much more for me to say about this, so here are the details from the Nighthawk Custom website.

While $2950 cash is preferred, I may consider trading for an FN SCAR 17S, a Ruger Precision Rifle in 6.5 Creedmore (plus cash), or an M1 Garand (plus cash). Buyer is responsible for the background check and transfer fee.

Thanks for looking (or drooling) :s0114:

Joe Link

View attachment 328862 View attachment 328863 View attachment 328864 View attachment 328865

I still wish I hadn't had to sell it! But...two good guys have owned and enjoyed it since then and that pleases me.

Last Edited:
I still wish I hadn't had to sell it! But...two good guys have owned and enjoyed it since then and that pleases me. All I have left to sell/trade now are an EMP, a Cerakoted CDP (gloss black), and a Sig 229 (9mm). All are as new in boxes, low mileage, with extra factory magazines.

And it's put smiles on the faces of many more! I'm not sure what I'm going to do without a benchmark for what a trigger should feel like.

LOL...they don't get any better. I would never be able to live with an average trigger. I have found that the Cylinder & Slide trigger kits (my edc has their 4lb Tactical Kit) come very close and are entirely reliable, smooth and crisp.
Semper Fi

Last Edited:
LOL...they don't get any better. I would never be able to live with an average trigger. I have found that the Cylinder & Slide trigger kits (my edc has their 4lb Tactical Kit) come very close and are entirely reliable, smooth and crisp.
Semper Fi

I'll have to keep that in mind for my other 1911's.

There are 1911's and than there are Nighthawk 1911's. I own a Predator. I had mine up for sale but decided to keep it. It is not everyday when you can afford and own a Nighthawk. That is a smokin deal. She's a beaut.

Is this the longest running classified thread on the NWFA with the most views? Almost a year now. I click on it everytime it pops up just to drool over the pics.

I wouldn't be surprised! Takes a while to find these special guns a special owner :)

Hey Joe --

I might have missed it but you're saying you want it also traded but you didn't specify what for? I am going to have a couple of tables at the Gun Show in
Portland at the Expo and I have some nice custom guns, top tier optics, so if you can stop by to take a look, bring your NH and I will bring my EDC so you can drool on it, too ... The serial # on mine is NH 00051 ...

Call also ... 503-442-1914

Hey Joe --

I might have missed it but you're saying you want it also traded but you didn't specify what for? I am going to have a couple of tables at the Gun Show in
Portland at the Expo and I have some nice custom guns, top tier optics, so if you can stop by to take a look, bring your NH and I will bring my EDC so you can drool on it, too ... The serial # on mine is NH 00051 ...

Call also ... 503-442-1914

I'll keep that in mind, Nick.

Originally I was looking to trade for a SCAR or something along those lines. At this point I'd prefer cash, or I might even just keep it.

I'll keep that in mind, Nick.

Originally I was looking to trade for a SCAR or something along those lines. At this point I'd prefer cash, or I might even just keep it.

Since this ad is nearly 3 years old, isn't that kinda what you already did?

:s0140:

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews