JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My long awaited night vision set has been produced by TNVC and arrived at my house. UPS left the package on the doorstep, did not get the required signature, and even left a neon green "high value package" sticker on it. LOL.

Anyway, all is well.

Has anyone here done any shooting on public lands at night? Are there any legal issues with that? Any info anyone willing to share?

Ive always wanted to do some low light shooting myself but Target shooting on public land is prohibited between one half hour after sunset to one half hour before sunrise.

Yep, my range is open 24/7.

We do low and no light along with nvg courses by request.

...and Jon Dufrense of Kinetic Consulting will be here this summer putting on NVG 101...so there's always options.

Last Edited:

...and Jon Dufrense of Kinetic Consulting will be here this summer putting on NVG 101...so there's always options.
Thanks Steve, I remember you mentioning that when I was there for Blowers' Pistol class. I'll reach out to you once I stop giggling here like a little girl.

Last Edited:
My long awaited night vision set has been produced by TNVC and arrived at my house. UPS left the package on the doorstep, did not get the required signature, and even left a neon green "high value package" sticker on it. LOL.

Anyway, all is well.

Has anyone here done any shooting on public lands at night? Are there any legal issues with that? Any info anyone willing to share?
... " my night vision set ".
A Set Of ??? . . helmet NOD , weapons sight , and IR supplement ? ,, and shooting off platform of ? , AR or Boltaction .

Thanks Steve, I remember you mentioning that when I was there for Blowers' Pistol class. I'll reach out to you once I stop giggling here like a little girl.
I was in the class, Steve's range is perfect (little far though). I think Browns Camp Pit could be a decent place. If you wanna go shoot hit me up, I love dancing in the dark

I have a small group that does some nvg stuff. must be willing to travel an hour or more from pdx and we usually like to shoot with someone in daylight first, just to make sure the fundamentals are there.

We strongly prefer people to have a suppressor so as to minimize unwanted attention, at least for rifle.

Variety of different kit, pvs 14, bnvg etc.

PM for details.

You'll have to find a private range or property that will allow you to shoot after dark.
Shooting on public land after dark is prohibited, as previously stated.

I know this post is a few months old but is there any more info on this? im getting my first pair of night vision soon and struggling to find a place to train.

If you can't make the class 24 & 25 of this month, let me know...can get a group together and put on NVG 101 class....
I'll be on vacation, but would love to come out again in July (except the weekend of 7/16, can't do that one either). Taking my nods with me on vacation, will try some night hiking on the coast

Wait a sec. Those night vision goggles are for shooting purposes??

I think I've been using mine all wrong. I thought they were for pe----....... nevermind.:s0140:

...can get a group together and put on NVG 101 class....
How many people can/do you book per class?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top