JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Queue is up to 2,300 as of this morning, Fridays tend to be busy so I wouldn't be surprised if its in the high 2ks by end of day.
To be safe we're going to start quoting people ~12 days, I'd always rather quote high/deliver low - but I've noticed they are moving very slowly, so I'm a little worried 12 days may be optimistic.

IMG_2421.PNG

Queue is up to 2,300 as of this morning, Fridays tend to be busy so I wouldn't be surprised if its in the high 2ks by end of day.
To be safe we're going to start quoting people ~12 days, I'd always rather quote high/deliver low - but I've noticed they are moving very slowly, so I'm a little worried 12 days may be optimistic.

View attachment 1269547
WHOA !!! So what is your professional opinion on when mine might clear I put mine in Wednesday afternoon at 5pm.

WHOA !!! So what is your professional opinion on when mine might clear I put mine in Wednesday afternoon at 5pm.
I would say most likely Thursday or Friday next week, but honestly when the queue is this high it's a guesstimate at best.
Some days the FICS unit moves through hundreds of applications, some days it looks like they barely moved at all. Between how many staff they have on hand, how many people are buying guns, connectivity to the NICS system, etc. there's a lot of factors to account for so accurate timeframes are hard to predict.

There is also a CC queue, for those with CHLs. Yesterday that was at over 40, which took 2.5 hours for me to get my permission to take my new purchase home.
2.5 hours is absurd, it has never taken that long for mine.

There is also a CC queue, for those with CHLs. Yesterday that was at over 40, which took 2.5 hours for me to get my permission to take my new purchase home.
2.5 hours is absurd, it has never taken that long for mine.
Yup!

This was early August:

Other factors must fall into the check as well. I'm normally instant, or near about to be termed such (CHL holder, rare name).

However last purchase wss multiple handguns & was 13th in the queu. Only moved up to 6 or 7 after about an hour. Which was getting on shop closing (6pm), so I simply volunteered to come back next day. Guys did offer to stay though.

They texted next day before they opened that I was all set.
Mayhaps the multiple handguns played more of a role this time, however have done similar multiples in the past (before Plandemic) with near instant...

Yup!

This was early August:

Mayhaps the multiple handguns played more of a role this time, however have done similar multiples in the past (before Plandemic) with near instant...
Yeah mine have always been near instant, except for this time, buying a WASR-10 from another NWFA member. The state of Oregon owes me for my 2.5 hours of waiting for their permission for me to exercise my Constitutionally-protected right, but I haven't figured out how to bill them for it, yet.

Last Wednesday I got an instant approval (I do have a CHL). The last time I did a transfer, about 18 months ago, I had to wait a couple of days despite my CHL, so that was a pleasant surprise.

Queue is at 2,719 right now, at one point over the weekend hit the high 2900s but didn't hit 3k yet.
They are definitely moving slow so we're starting to quote 2 weeks to clients to be safe.
I really appreciate the update on current numbers. Sadly you can't just go to website and just shows you the current wait. I dont understand why that would be so hard for them to just disclose publicly the current numbers.

I really appreciate the update on current numbers. Sadly you can't just go to website and just shows you the current wait. I dont understand why that would be so hard for them to just disclose publicly the current numbers.
You're very welcome! A publicly viewable counter on the frontpage would be a very nice feature - I know they are supposed to implement some big update/upgrade to the FICS website sometime in the near future, fingers crossed someone there thought of it or someone suggested it.

When the wait reaches 30 days (it will 100% happen unless bubblegum gets seriously unbubblegummed which ain't happening) are people who aren't in the queue yet screwed, or does the 30 day limit only start when the check actually begins and not when the paperwork is submitted to the state? (Or am I confused about how the time limit works?)

I purchased a new bolt action carbon hunting rifle and filled out the paperwork on the 30th. I am still #485 on the list. I have never ever seen it take this long, regardless of queue size. What exactly is taking them so long to work through the queue? What part is not fully automated?

I personally feel like this is an indirect way to introduce a waiting period.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top