JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
How do you get your LGS to submit the check before you fill out the paperwork? Every shop I have gone to won't submit the check until after I finish the paperwork.
I have had shops run my ID as I was filling out the paperwork multiple times…. I'm not an FFL. But on multiple occasions I have been told your approved as I was signing the paperwork. So I'm not sure….

CHL and ODL are connected now. Chl also does not mean insta approval. It puts you to the top of the list but you can still be delayed or kicked to the normal que line. I know because I've had it happen recently.
I know that. My buddy has a CHL. Secret clearance. And has bought multiple firearms and was randomly put on hold for some reason. It happened once and has yet to happen again. A roll of the dice but having a CHL bumps up your odds.

I know that. My buddy has a CHL. Secret clearance. And has bought multiple firearms and was randomly put on hold for some reason. It happened once and has yet to happen again. A roll of the dice but having a CHL bumps up your odds.
I had it happen back to back 3 times in less than 3 months. I went down to OSP HQ before it was resolved. I still am not a insta check but I get to top of the list and takes about 10-20mins to clear. CHL will put you at the top of the list but that's it.

CHL puts you at the top of the line. I have had this happen the last 3 weeks. I use my drivers license as Id and go to 12 - 21 on the list. Done in less than 45 minutes each time. Last time was this past week.

FYI interesting court win suing the state of Pennsylvania for delaying background check responses by several hours.

Maybe someone should sue the state of OR as their delays are way longer than that?

60B6623A-5B2E-4CD5-9794-A7857F5332EA.png

Mine August 30, am at #68, at least I'll have it in time for deer hunt, unless I get delayed. This is happening with cwp holder's. We shall see. Good luck to all. It's a very flawed system.

I had a buddy get approved in five minutes or so a couple weeks ago. No CCL. I know a couple other people who always get approved within 15 to 20 minutes and they don't have CCLs either. I always go to the end of the line. I'm not blessed. If I ever get instant approval I'm buying a lottery ticket.

I had a buddy get approved in five minutes or so a couple weeks ago. No CCL. I know a couple other people who always get approved within 15 to 20 minutes and they don't have CCLs either. I always go to the end of the line. I'm not blessed. If I ever get instant approval I'm buying a lottery ticket.
This is the first time in the last 20ish guns that I haven't heard approved within an hour'ish. There's something unsettling occuring these days.

I got told today I'm delayed, I just purchased one last month no issues
I'm sorry to hear that - Delays are definitely the most frustrating part of this job by far on both the customer and dealer end.
I will be completely upfront - over the last few years we have heard from a majority of customers who have been Delayed that their calls and emails to OSP to try to resolve the situation have not been replied to in a timely fashion or in some cases at all.
We have had about 8 or 9 customers get sick of waiting and just drive down to the office in Salem and ask to speak to someone, and in most of those cases the Delay has been resolved within a few days - two were even the same day.
I know it's a complete PITA but if they do not resolve the Delay quickly and you have no luck getting a hold of them via email or phone I would highly recommend visiting them:
  • Oregon State Police
    General Headquarters
    3565 Trelstad Ave SE
    Salem, OR 97317
As of this morning here's an update of what the queue looks like:
IMG_2573.PNG
Given that 2,600 in queue is taking a solid 14 days, I would say 3,300 is creeping up on 3 weeks 😰

I'm sorry to hear that - Delays are definitely the most frustrating part of this job by far on both the customer and dealer end.
I will be completely upfront - over the last few years we have heard from a majority of customers who have been Delayed that their calls and emails to OSP to try to resolve the situation have not been replied to in a timely fashion or in some cases at all.
We have had about 8 or 9 customers get sick of waiting and just drive down to the office in Salem and ask to speak to someone, and in most of those cases the Delay has been resolved within a few days - two were even the same day.
I know it's a complete PITA but if they do not resolve the Delay quickly and you have no luck getting a hold of them via email or phone I would highly recommend visiting them:
  • Oregon State Police
    General Headquarters
    3565 Trelstad Ave SE
    Salem, OR 97317
As of this morning here's an update of what the queue looks like:
View attachment 1276794
Given that 2,600 in queue is taking a solid 14 days, I would say 3,300 is creeping up on 3 weeks 😰
Wow that is a horrible situation. For OR buyers after measure 114 passes I think it's going to be several months of OR-specific BS before a person could even get to this NICS waiting line. And that assumes they are willing to jump through all those hoops in the first place. Also with no new funding, how long until OR even gets the new system set up? Looks bad.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top