JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was shocked, i was hoping saturday afternoon, or next week, so when the guy sait it was ready to go i was not quite sure what to do, i was planning on lunch and not heading right home lol

Went in Friday morning at NW Armory to pickup 2 pistols. Submitted my application and was immediately 13th in line at 10:35am. I was out the door at 11:15am. I am a CHL holder. They said without my CHL I would have been 400 something in line and waited a few days if not a week.

I was told CHL only makes a minor difference if any. I bought 8 guns in the last month (due to the pending Oregon IP17/measure 114) at different times and all were instant approval. I think it's more tied to your name and how many others have similar names (or so I've heard) but I don't know, just what I heard. I'm pretty sure none of these used my chl number because I didn't give it to the ffl. But maybe it is automatic in tying it to your chl or something I dunno.

The experience Mr Blond posted above seems to prove it's not the chl that is speeding it up. The more thorough background check from suppressor stamp(s) may be a factor? My gut feel is it's the name. If there was only 1 person with your last name for example they wouldn't have to double check it's you and not someone with a felony on their record or whatever. But if your name was Smith maybe they have to check for aliases or different versions of first name etc to make sure which "Smith" you are. I'm only guessing here though, I have no inside info on that at all.

All of this won't matter anyway if measure 114 passes. My guess is 6 month wait or who knows? They have to get in-person classroom training, live fire training, new permit process (which has a mental health component, how are they going to deal with that -do you have to get a psychiatrist's ok like what is currently required in Hawaii?) , new background checks, all set up with multiple agencies. And if they give no new funding, which is likely imo, it will be a hell of a long time before anyone in OR can buy a gun again I think. And then when they do eventually get it set up it's going to be a pain in the A$$ to jump through those hoops Imo. I would buy anything you want now and also fight measure 114 with everything you've got.

Last Edited:
Panic buying has started already accoriding to gun shops i've visited recently. Measure 114 MUST BE DEFEATED. Please spread the word. You'd be surpsrised how many Gun owning people I've come across and talked to that HAVE NO IDEA about measure 114 and also many non gun owners who don't agree with this measure also don't know. I think it's their strategy to keep this underwraps in hopes that people don't know and most peole don't vote .... so they can get it passed silently

Panic buying has started already accoriding to gun shops i've visited recently. Measure 114 MUST BE DEFEATED. Please spread the word. You'd be surpsrised how many Gun owning people I've come across and talked to that HAVE NO IDEA about measure 114 and also many non gun owners who don't agree with this measure also don't know. I think it's their strategy to keep this underwraps in hopes that people don't know and most peole don't vote .... so they can get it passed silently
Agree. Tons of poeple are going to get blindsided if this passes. The vast majority of people will be saying in the near future; "What, I can't buy a gun?, when did this happen?" and "What, I can't even carry a mag above 10 rounds, when did this happen?"

Agree. Tons of poeple are going to get blindsided if this passes. The vast majority of people will be saying in the near future; "What, I can't buy a gun?, when did this happen?" and "What, I can't even carry a mag above 10 rounds, when did this happen?"
It reminds me of during the start of the 2020 riot season when people in Cali started to show up at gun shops. They were told about waiting periods and background checks and were stunned to find out that there were actually none of those loopholes they could use to buy a gun right away. Then they were further stunned when they realized that their voting patterns denied them the ability to buy a gun for self defense. Suck it proggies.

We've definitely seen an uptick in sales over the last week.
Pictured is how the queue is looking like right now, the BGCs pictured were submitted on the 14th/15th and probably still have another 1-3 days to clear depending how quickly OSP moves through the queue.

IMG_2296.jpg

i am guessing end of September to November things will be crazy again. better stock up now before you cant find anything again. Also CHL will get you to the front of the line for BGC but you can still be held up and delayed. Like many before if any of these measures pass i wont be buying a any new guns for awhile.

The last couple of guns I have purchased this summer have been almost instant. I asked the guy working the counter about it and he said that for shotguns and hunting rifles the check is much faster, semi autos take longer to process because of whatever different review they have to go through on the other end.

Northwest Armory, Tigard- last Thursday, buying a CZ. Guy before me was told he was about 700 in line, so a few days.
I (CHL) got approved instantly. Get a CHL.

Northwest Armory, Tigard- last Thursday tbuying a CZ. Guy before me was told he was about 700 in line, so a few days.
I (CHL) got approved instantly. Get a CHL.
Other factors must fall into the check as well. I'm normally instant, or near about to be termed such (CHL holder, rare name).

However last purchase wss multiple handguns & was 13th in the queu. Only moved up to 6 or 7 after about an hour. Which was getting on shop closing (6pm), so I simply volunteered to come back next day. Guys did offer to stay though.

They texted next day before they opened that I was all set.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top