JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I picked up this clean little Makarov a few weekends ago so I didn't have to shoot my non-import Russian PM. I don't know if it's normal, but this Mak has no right to shoot this good. Love it!

BTW, here's the Russian PM for you Makarov fans:

I also picked up this really, really nice early-1942 Winchester Model 94 at the same show:

These are the first 5-shot groups I shot (at 50 yards). Never having sited it in, I was pretty surprised. First group is marked with A (point of aim is a circled-A). I then held off to adjust point of aim (circled-B) and got three out of 5 in the 10 ring, with two dead-center touching. Using 150g Federal:

I got lucky! Not sure what I did with the high/low filers in that B-group... Don't think it's the gun - it's got a perfect bore and crown, and the bolt face looks like it's never been shot.

-Thirtycal

glam_bulgy_commercial_zps4ad88672.jpg glamleft_zps12ae8494.jpg glamright_zpsf930e18c.jpg 1942_Win_94_right_zpsd9e9a4f0.jpg target_zpsc6dd4053.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I always wanted an 1894 lever action and when I saw this one, I jumped on it for $500. The Mak was $260 and I found a nice black East German holster this weekend at the PDX show for $20. They're a bit harder to find than the brown Soviet holsters, so I gave a premium for it. Still need to pick up spare magazine and cleaning rod to make the rig complete. The non-import marked Makarov I picked up from a forum member but I paid an absurd amount of money for it. I think it was worth I though...it's the most perfect PM I've ever seen and I needed one for my Russian small-arms collection.

Thirtycal

Those are nice finds, you must keep a sharp eye out at the shows. I seem to have tunnel vision for certain items when I go and don't pay attention to a lot of the "goodies"

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top