Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

Nice gun show find

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by thirtycal, Dec 23, 2013.

1. thirtycal

thirtycal Camas, WA Active Member

I picked up this clean little Makarov a few weekends ago so I didn't have to shoot my non-import Russian PM. I don't know if it's normal, but this Mak has no right to shoot this good. Love it!

glam_bulgy_commercial_zps4ad88672.jpg

BTW, here's the Russian PM for you Makarov fans:

glamleft_zps12ae8494.jpg
    glamright_zpsf930e18c.jpg

I also picked up this really, really nice early-1942 Winchester Model 94 at the same show:

1942_Win_94_right_zpsd9e9a4f0.jpg

These are the first 5-shot groups I shot (at 50 yards). Never having sited it in, I was pretty surprised. First group is marked with A (point of aim is a circled-A). I then held off to adjust point of aim (circled-B) and got three out of 5 in the 10 ring, with two dead-center touching. Using 150g Federal:

target_zpsc6dd4053.jpg

I got lucky! Not sure what I did with the high/low filers in that B-group... Don't think it's the gun - it's got a perfect bore and crown, and the bolt face looks like it's never been shot.

-Thirtycal

glam_bulgy_commercial_zps4ad88672.jpg

glamleft_zps12ae8494.jpg

glamright_zpsf930e18c.jpg

1942_Win_94_right_zpsd9e9a4f0.jpg

target_zpsc6dd4053.jpg

2. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Very, very nice!

3. Ironbar

Ironbar Tigard, OR Well-Known Member

Like!

4. thirtycal

thirtycal Camas, WA Active Member

I always wanted an 1894 lever action and when I saw this one, I jumped on it for $500. The Mak was $260 and I found a nice black East German holster this weekend at the PDX show for $20. They're a bit harder to find than the brown Soviet holsters, so I gave a premium for it. Still need to pick up spare magazine and cleaning rod to make the rig complete. The non-import marked Makarov I picked up from a forum member but I paid an absurd amount of money for it. I think it was worth I though...it's the most perfect PM I've ever seen and I needed one for my Russian small-arms collection.

Thirtycal

5. usagi

usagi Redmond Well-Known Member

fixed barrel guns tend to be very accurate.

6. Dallas Ken

Dallas Ken Dallas Or. Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Those are nice finds, you must keep a sharp eye out at the shows. I seem to have tunnel vision for certain items when I go and don't pay attention to a lot of the "goodies"

7. Mr. Ben

Mr. Ben Snohomish Co. Active Member

I have the same tunnel vision :(, my wife usually finds the good stuff for me

8. freestoneangler

freestoneangler wa Well-Known Member

Now there's an example of what many of us hope to find at the gun shows... very cool!

9. 40calruler

40calruler Lake Oswego Well-Known Member

Very cool finds

10. Osous

Osous United States New Member

Its sure is hard to beat a good ole winchester lever gun, especially for a brush deer rifle. Very nice finds on both