Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Nice gun show find

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by thirtycal, Dec 23, 2013.

1. thirtycal

thirtycal Camas, WA Active Member

I picked up this clean little Makarov a few weekends ago so I didn't have to shoot my non-import Russian PM. I don't know if it's normal, but this Mak has no right to shoot this good. Love it!

glam_bulgy_commercial_zps4ad88672.jpg

BTW, here's the Russian PM for you Makarov fans:

glamleft_zps12ae8494.jpg
    glamright_zpsf930e18c.jpg

I also picked up this really, really nice early-1942 Winchester Model 94 at the same show:

1942_Win_94_right_zpsd9e9a4f0.jpg

These are the first 5-shot groups I shot (at 50 yards). Never having sited it in, I was pretty surprised. First group is marked with A (point of aim is a circled-A). I then held off to adjust point of aim (circled-B) and got three out of 5 in the 10 ring, with two dead-center touching. Using 150g Federal:

target_zpsc6dd4053.jpg

I got lucky! Not sure what I did with the high/low filers in that B-group... Don't think it's the gun - it's got a perfect bore and crown, and the bolt face looks like it's never been shot.

-Thirtycal

glam_bulgy_commercial_zps4ad88672.jpg

glamleft_zps12ae8494.jpg

glamright_zpsf930e18c.jpg

1942_Win_94_right_zpsd9e9a4f0.jpg

target_zpsc6dd4053.jpg

2. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Very, very nice!

3. Ironbar

Ironbar Tigard, OR Well-Known Member

Like!

4. thirtycal

thirtycal Camas, WA Active Member

I always wanted an 1894 lever action and when I saw this one, I jumped on it for $500. The Mak was $260 and I found a nice black East German holster this weekend at the PDX show for $20. They're a bit harder to find than the brown Soviet holsters, so I gave a premium for it. Still need to pick up spare magazine and cleaning rod to make the rig complete. The non-import marked Makarov I picked up from a forum member but I paid an absurd amount of money for it. I think it was worth I though...it's the most perfect PM I've ever seen and I needed one for my Russian small-arms collection.

Thirtycal

5. usagi

usagi Redmond Well-Known Member

fixed barrel guns tend to be very accurate.

6. Dallas Ken

Dallas Ken Dallas Or. Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Those are nice finds, you must keep a sharp eye out at the shows. I seem to have tunnel vision for certain items when I go and don't pay attention to a lot of the "goodies"

7. Mr. Ben

Mr. Ben Snohomish Co. Active Member

I have the same tunnel vision :(, my wife usually finds the good stuff for me

8. freestoneangler

freestoneangler wa Well-Known Member

Now there's an example of what many of us hope to find at the gun shows... very cool!

9. 40calruler

40calruler Lake Oswego Well-Known Member

Very cool finds

10. Osous

Osous United States New Member

Its sure is hard to beat a good ole winchester lever gun, especially for a brush deer rifle. Very nice finds on both