JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I picked up this clean little Makarov a few weekends ago so I didn't have to shoot my non-import Russian PM. I don't know if it's normal, but this Mak has no right to shoot this good. Love it!

BTW, here's the Russian PM for you Makarov fans:

I also picked up this really, really nice early-1942 Winchester Model 94 at the same show:

These are the first 5-shot groups I shot (at 50 yards). Never having sited it in, I was pretty surprised. First group is marked with A (point of aim is a circled-A). I then held off to adjust point of aim (circled-B) and got three out of 5 in the 10 ring, with two dead-center touching. Using 150g Federal:

I got lucky! Not sure what I did with the high/low filers in that B-group... Don't think it's the gun - it's got a perfect bore and crown, and the bolt face looks like it's never been shot.

-Thirtycal

glam_bulgy_commercial_zps4ad88672.jpg glamleft_zps12ae8494.jpg glamright_zpsf930e18c.jpg 1942_Win_94_right_zpsd9e9a4f0.jpg target_zpsc6dd4053.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I always wanted an 1894 lever action and when I saw this one, I jumped on it for $500. The Mak was $260 and I found a nice black East German holster this weekend at the PDX show for $20. They're a bit harder to find than the brown Soviet holsters, so I gave a premium for it. Still need to pick up spare magazine and cleaning rod to make the rig complete. The non-import marked Makarov I picked up from a forum member but I paid an absurd amount of money for it. I think it was worth I though...it's the most perfect PM I've ever seen and I needed one for my Russian small-arms collection.

Thirtycal

Those are nice finds, you must keep a sharp eye out at the shows. I seem to have tunnel vision for certain items when I go and don't pay attention to a lot of the "goodies"

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top