Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Next step for body scanners - think how this would complicate concealed carry

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by desmocorse996, Nov 24, 2010.

1. desmocorse996

desmocorse996 Vancouver, WA Member

2. Just Jim

Just Jim Well-Known Member

3. bnsaibum

bnsaibum Corvallis, OR Well-Known Member 2015 Volunteer

4. spengo

spengo GLORIOUS CASCADIA Active Member

Eh, I dunno why people care so much about the body scanner. I can't carry my gun with me with or without the scanner (the only important thing after all) so who cares either way? Y'all are a buncha prudes (no offense). If I knew I wouldn't get arrested I would totally walk around nekkid sometimes. Well, nekkid except for my belt and holster that is. :D

It would be cool if there was an airline where weapons were allowed in the cabin ya know? I don't mean like, bush planes and stuff but a regular commercial airline. While I'm daydreaming, maybe I'll start my own airline. I may still want to do the body scanner thing to check for bombs and stuff but knives and firearms are good to go. Maybe make a rule like "FRANGIBLE AMMO ONLY" or something cuz why risk decompression? If there are terrorists aboard blast 'em and then continue on to your destination. :cool: Instead of nasty frozen food I'm gonna devote a small section of the airplane to a kitchen for a professional chef who will make delicious sammiches to-order. And you know how those damned seats never lean back far enough? There will be 5 less rows of seats for a few extra inches of space and an additional 10-degrees of lean back (most important!). The in-flight movies will all be awesome old Hitchcock thrillers like Psycho, North by Northwest, and The Man Who Knew Too Much. and instead of an "america's not really funny just awkward and stupid home videos" channel there will be an official Red Dwarf channel. Also Star Trek and Farscape. And Stargate and Firefly. Also I would only hire very sexy flight attendants and they would all wear very short skirts and carry cute pocket guns in thigh holsters that you can juuust see beneath the skirt.
    awesomet0.png

...yeah. Everyone would fly on my airline.

awesomet0.png

5. raftman

raftman Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

^
    Would make the world a better place for everyone.

6. Redcap

Redcap Lewis County, WA Well-Known Member

I can see thin sheets of aluminum foil getting sewn into clothes soon...

7. Woodswalker

Woodswalker THe great PNW Member

Aluminized mylar mesh fabric. play **** with the scanners. Think of it as chaff.

8. ZigZagZeke

ZigZagZeke Eugene Silver Supporter Silver Supporter 2015 Volunteer

This comes close to being the most ignorant and illogical statement I've ever heard.

9. chemist

chemist Beaverton OR Well-Known Member

It's called Business Class and you can already fly there - for several thousand dollars.

It hurts to have been 'involuntarily upgraded' a few times on trips to Asia, because now I know what a huge difference there is on the other side of that thin little curtain.

The food, drink, lay-flat seats, and endless pampering by the stews - and last week I had to fly center section back in the cattle car. :(

awesomet0.png

10. ZigZagZeke

ZigZagZeke Eugene Silver Supporter Silver Supporter 2015 Volunteer

You could start by simply running a credit check on passengers. Profiling by credit status shouldn't offend anyone.

Let's see, this guy is 26 years old, a non-citizen, no spouse, no children, no family in the US, 2 year employment history with 4 different employers, 8 mailing addresses at various apartments in the last 2 years, $8K per year income. Yeah, this guy gets a cavity search.

This 45 year old woman has been at the same address for 20 years, owns her own home, is married with 2 kids, has a $60K per year job with the same employer for 20 years, is a citizen of the US. She gets a pass. In fact, let's issue her a 1911 to carry on the flight.

11. Redcap

I like the way you think!

12. Kimber Custom

Kimber Custom Vancouver, WA Bronze Vendor Bronze Vendor

Common sense solutions will not be tollerated.

13. atypicalparkie

atypicalparkie sowfeast poetland, ohraygun Member

YES!!
    ...and as far as aluminized fabric goes, I still have my aluminized kevlar suit & hood from when I was a glass-blower... I'll be wearing that next time I fly. That'll be no prob with the TSA, yeah? Plus, I look AWESOME in it :laugh:

14. The Cheese

The Cheese somewhere special Member

why not just encrypt messages into your clothing? Like write offensive sayings into the fabric of your shirt using metallic thread or woven between layers of fabric, then play dumb. That would be fun to do. Or set it up like that old game operation. Have arrows pointing to the different parts of your anatomy and such. that would be a hoot.

15. DoubleTapDrew

DoubleTapDrew Oregon Well-Known Member

My bet is the next attempt will be a guy that swallows or inserts (down south) some explosives so the body scanners won't detect it. Uncomfortable probably, but he's going to blow up anyway right?
    Then we'll have the next step: Random body cavity searches.
    The TSA really needs to start issuing jackboots to their employees.

If the scanners screw up concealed carry, that's just an added bonus for them.

16. 8ball

8ball WA Quit talkin' and start chalking!

That story is BS. It would be impossible to secure most of those facilities.

BTW Spengo, there have been two recent attempts to start 'specialty' airlines with better levels of service. Hooters Air was one, and EOS was the other. EOS was pretty amazing with no crowds, all luxury seating and you could even fold down a table and have a meeting in the air.

Both went broke very quickly. Apparently we are all cheap bastards. :laugh:

YouTube - EOS Airlines Tribute

Just watching that video brings a tear to my eye.

17. keystir

keystir Hillsboro, OR Active Member

+1, That sounds good to me.:thumbup:

18. Redcap

I have a big problem with that.

19. spengo

spengo GLORIOUS CASCADIA Active Member

tha's profiling and tha's racis'!:laugh:

20. Bazooka Joe

Bazooka Joe Lower Yakima Valley Well-Known Member

Already being sold: Anti-TSA underwear