JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Eh, I dunno why people care so much about the body scanner. I can't carry my gun with me with or without the scanner (the only important thing after all) so who cares either way? Y'all are a buncha prudes (no offense). If I knew I wouldn't get arrested I would totally walk around nekkid sometimes. Well, nekkid except for my belt and holster that is. :D

It would be cool if there was an airline where weapons were allowed in the cabin ya know? I don't mean like, bush planes and stuff but a regular commercial airline. While I'm daydreaming, maybe I'll start my own airline. I may still want to do the body scanner thing to check for bombs and stuff but knives and firearms are good to go. Maybe make a rule like "FRANGIBLE AMMO ONLY" or something cuz why risk decompression? If there are terrorists aboard blast 'em and then continue on to your destination. :cool: Instead of nasty frozen food I'm gonna devote a small section of the airplane to a kitchen for a professional chef who will make delicious sammiches to-order. And you know how those damned seats never lean back far enough? There will be 5 less rows of seats for a few extra inches of space and an additional 10-degrees of lean back (most important!). The in-flight movies will all be awesome old Hitchcock thrillers like Psycho, North by Northwest, and The Man Who Knew Too Much. and instead of an "america's not really funny just awkward and stupid home videos" channel there will be an official Red Dwarf channel. Also Star Trek and Farscape. And Stargate and Firefly. Also I would only hire very sexy flight attendants and they would all wear very short skirts and carry cute pocket guns in thigh holsters that you can juuust see beneath the skirt.

...yeah. Everyone would fly on my airline.

Pistole, who spent 26 years with the FBI, told reporters Monday that he rejected the advice of media aides who advised him to publicize the revised security measures before they took effect. Terrorist groups have been known to study the TSA's screening methods in an attempt to circumvent them, he said.

This comes close to being the most ignorant and illogical statement I've ever heard.

Eh, I dunno why people care so much about the body scanner. I can't carry my gun with me with or without the scanner (the only important thing after all) so who cares either way? Y'all are a buncha prudes (no offense). If I knew I wouldn't get arrested I would totally walk around nekkid sometimes. Well, nekkid except for my belt and holster that is. :D

It would be cool if there was an airline where weapons were allowed in the cabin ya know? I don't mean like, bush planes and stuff but a regular commercial airline. While I'm daydreaming, maybe I'll start my own airline. I may still want to do the body scanner thing to check for bombs and stuff but knives and firearms are good to go. Maybe make a rule like "FRANGIBLE AMMO ONLY" or something cuz why risk decompression? If there are terrorists aboard blast 'em and then continue on to your destination. :cool: Instead of nasty frozen food I'm gonna devote a small section of the airplane to a kitchen for a professional chef who will make delicious sammiches to-order. And you know how those damned seats never lean back far enough? There will be 5 less rows of seats for a few extra inches of space and an additional 10-degrees of lean back (most important!). The in-flight movies will all be awesome old Hitchcock thrillers like Psycho, North by Northwest, and The Man Who Knew Too Much. and instead of an "america's not really funny just awkward and stupid home videos" channel there will be an official Red Dwarf channel. Also Star Trek and Farscape. And Stargate and Firefly. Also I would only hire very sexy flight attendants and they would all wear very short skirts and carry cute pocket guns in thigh holsters that you can juuust see beneath the skirt.

...yeah. Everyone would fly on my airline.

It's called Business Class and you can already fly there - for several thousand dollars.

It hurts to have been 'involuntarily upgraded' a few times on trips to Asia, because now I know what a huge difference there is on the other side of that thin little curtain.

The food, drink, lay-flat seats, and endless pampering by the stews - and last week I had to fly center section back in the cattle car. :(

"The long-term [question] is, how do we get out of this having to have an ever-increasing security apparatus because of terrorists and a terrorist attack?" she said. "I think having a better understanding of what causes someone to become a terrorist will be helpful."

DHS and intelligence officials are not as far along in understanding that process as they would like, Napolitano said, adding that until that goal is reached, steps need to be put in place to ensure the public's safety.

"We don't know much," she said. "If you were to try and devise a template about what connects this terrorist to this terrorist and how they were raised and what schools they went to and their socioeconomic status, or this or that, it's all over the map.

You could start by simply running a credit check on passengers. Profiling by credit status shouldn't offend anyone.

Let's see, this guy is 26 years old, a non-citizen, no spouse, no children, no family in the US, 2 year employment history with 4 different employers, 8 mailing addresses at various apartments in the last 2 years, $8K per year income. Yeah, this guy gets a cavity search.

This 45 year old woman has been at the same address for 20 years, owns her own home, is married with 2 kids, has a $60K per year job with the same employer for 20 years, is a citizen of the US. She gets a pass. In fact, let's issue her a 1911 to carry on the flight.

You could start by simply running a credit check on passengers. Profiling by credit status shouldn't offend anyone.

Let's see, this guy is 26 years old, a non-citizen, no spouse, no children, no family in the US, 2 year employment history with 4 different employers, 8 mailing addresses at various apartments in the last 2 years, $8K per year income. Yeah, this guy gets a cavity search.

This 45 year old woman has been at the same address for 20 years, owns her own home, is married with 2 kids, has a $60K per year job with the same employer for 20 years, is a citizen of the US. She gets a pass. In fact, let's issue her a 1911 to carry on the flight.

Common sense solutions will not be tollerated.

why not just encrypt messages into your clothing? Like write offensive sayings into the fabric of your shirt using metallic thread or woven between layers of fabric, then play dumb. That would be fun to do. Or set it up like that old game operation. Have arrows pointing to the different parts of your anatomy and such. that would be a hoot.

My bet is the next attempt will be a guy that swallows or inserts (down south) some explosives so the body scanners won't detect it. Uncomfortable probably, but he's going to blow up anyway right?
Then we'll have the next step: Random body cavity searches.
The TSA really needs to start issuing jackboots to their employees.

If the scanners screw up concealed carry, that's just an added bonus for them.

That story is BS. It would be impossible to secure most of those facilities.

Editor's note: This story and its headline have been clarified to show that the Department of Homeland Security has not indicated it plans to use body scanners to tighten security at transportation sites beyond airports.

BTW Spengo, there have been two recent attempts to start 'specialty' airlines with better levels of service. Hooters Air was one, and EOS was the other. EOS was pretty amazing with no crowds, all luxury seating and you could even fold down a table and have a meeting in the air.

Both went broke very quickly. Apparently we are all cheap bastards. :s0114:

YouTube - EOS Airlines Tribute

Just watching that video brings a tear to my eye.

+1, That sounds good to me.:s0155:

I have a big problem with that.

tha's profiling and tha's racis'!:s0114:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads