JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sonce I own a G43 I am well aware of this. I was trying to imply that the second choice for me is a G43 because I dont like the G42 as its a .380.
No, you used the conjunction "but" to negate the first part of the sentence, "second choice would be the G43," followed by the statement that contradicts it, "but I don't like the .380." If you had said, "Second choice would be the G43 because I don't like .380." You'd have reason to be contentious.

No, you used the conjunction "but" to negate the first part of the sentence, "second choice would be the G43," followed by the statement that contradicts it, "but I don't like the .380." If you had said, "Second choice would be the G43 because I don't like .380." You'd have reason to be contentious.

Okay, you caught me I made a mistake, you win. My poor grammer nd your ability to correct me...twice proves you are better. Please forgive my quickly typed response, I will do my best to do better next time, oh great grammer master. I will burn my internet grammer card and resubmit my application to post as soon as I can.

I made a mistake dude, I tried to correct it but you have to continue to rub my face in it. Get a hobby man, no one cares.

See, that's my dilemma. I shoot a LOT of steel plate. Nothing competitive but I think I might be able to break into it and I know the 17 seems to be a common choice for 3 gun and pistol matches. Last time out I shot with a seasoned professional competitor and he told me I should give it a try. I was running my G19 at the time and he had the 17.

If you want to use it for competition, and are not thinking of getting a G34, go with the G17.
I have a G19 that is my house defensive gun as well as use for carry. I used to use it to compete until I tried a G17. I did much better with the 17 so now I own three :D

Pick up a G17L, great pistol. Gen 3 G21s are clearing out for under 5 bills. I picked up both, again after selling the 1st ones years ago. I also picked up a new Gen 5 G19, I've drank Hr. Glock's coolaide again.

The 26 isn't my favorite. I don't find it to be any easier to conceal than a 19, really. The 43 is MUCH easier to carry IWB because it's so thin (and I'm not anymore). If I'm gonna carry OWB, I'd much rather carry a USP than anything Glock. But I'm a picky bastard.

I did just get a OWB Kydex hybrid holster for my Springfield XD40 SC, it protrudes down a inch less than my 4" Service version and is designed to fit more closely than most, easier to conceal OWB. Or I have a IWB pure Kydex that I can carry at any clock position, but normally use it for appendix carry. Sometimes a Short barrel makes sense.
I have a G-33 (Same physical size as G-26) That I normally carry in my pocket when I carry it and just bought a IWB holster for it.
I did just buy a HK USP40 from Gun Broker, it's on the way I guess, but I need to shoot it some to see if and where it will fit.

Here are the questions I ask people when they're thinking about getting a sub-compact...
  • What is the purpose of this weapon and/or what role are you trying to fill?
  • Do you have a problem carrying a G19 sized weapon?
  • With all the shenanigans going on in the world today...Do you feel comfortable betting your life on, and actually fighting with a short sight radius'd, single stack reduced capacity, greater recoiling weapon?
If you're still set on getting a sub compact, then I tell folks to make absolutely sure you go rent and try the exact model you are thinking of getting. Because sub-compacts can be very unpleasant to shoot...even in 9mm.

I do, in fact, own a Springfield XDS 3.3" gun in 9mm. However, I have yet to carry it. Sub-compacts have been VERY popular in the last few years and I got caught up in all the excitement. I never thought about the above questions.

Turns out I'm not wild about the gun in general because it isn't very pleasant to shoot. But the big reason is that it's not the gun I want if my life depended on it. I prefer something with greater capacity. And I haven't had any problems carrying a G19 sized weapon...even in summer with shorts and a t-shirt on.

I'll also add that I don't quite understand the mag extensions for these guns. I get that they add greater capacity and a place for your pinky finger to grip...which are good things. However, once you add a mag extension, the grip becomes the same size as a G19. The barrel is shorter, of course, but it's not the barrel that I or most people have a problem with concealing. So at the point that you're adding a grip extension, I would rather opt for the G19 and get a 15+1 gun.

These are just my thoughts and experiences. YMMV.

Here are the questions I ask people when they're thinking about getting a sub-compact...
  • What is the purpose of this weapon and/or what role are you trying to fill?
  • Do you have a problem carrying a G19 sized weapon?
  • With all the shenanigans going on in the world today...Do you feel comfortable betting your life on, and actually fighting with a short sight radius'd, single stack reduced capacity, greater recoiling weapon?
If you're still set on getting a sub compact, then I tell folks to make absolutely sure you go rent and try the exact model you are thinking of getting. Because sub-compacts can be very unpleasant to shoot...even in 9mm.

I do, in fact, own a Springfield XDS 3.3" gun in 9mm. However, I have yet to carry it. Sub-compacts have been VERY popular in the last few years and I got caught up in all the excitement. I never thought about the above questions.

Turns out I'm not wild about the gun in general because it isn't very pleasant to shoot. But the big reason is that it's not the gun I want if my life depended on it. I prefer something with greater capacity. And I haven't had any problems carrying a G19 sized weapon...even in summer with shorts and a t-shirt on.

I'll also add that I don't quite understand the mag extensions for these guns. I get that they add greater capacity and a place for your pinky finger to grip...which are good things. However, once you add a mag extension, the grip becomes the same size as a G19. The barrel is shorter, of course, but it's not the barrel that I or most people have a problem with concealing. So at the point that you're adding a grip extension, I would rather opt for the G19 and get a 15+1 gun.

These are just my thoughts and experiences. YMMV.

Agree with everything you said, except for the bit about mag extensions. If we're talking about the Glock 43, it will always be noticeably thinner than the G19, which makes it hide better for me. I almost always carry a bigger gun with more capacity, but sometimes I can't and that's the niche the G43 fills for me. Other than that, you're spot on.

I have the Glock 19 Gen 5, while the Glock 19 can be concealed easily for me under a collared shirt, however under a t-shirt like I am required to wear for work it prints noticeably. Tried the Glock 17 but the grip was just long enough to make printing an issue for me unless I wear a coat, so I went with the Glock 19, which for me is a surprisingly concealable pistol,to the extent that I can carry it comfortably without printing in shorts and a short sleeve collared shirt. I am now considering getting a Glock 42, Glock 43, PPS M2, Or P365(once Sig Fixes the bugs), so I have something that won't print and is discrete at work,preferably pocket sized. Possibly Glock 26, but that would probably be a little thicker than I want width wise, I could practice with it using my Glock 19 mags though if I get a 26.

Can't go wrong with a Glock, they are ugly so I don't care what happen to mine as long as they keep working.
My Gen 5 19 I took straight from the box and to the range, no lube, and the gun functioned perfectly,not even any limpwristing and I was teaching a new shooter too.
I'm sure if I train more with it and get used to the trigger that I'll get better groups, I think part of it may have been the sights, I'm used to three dot set ups on handguns or plain iron sights like on a mil-surp handgun. When I did my part and focused more on my trigger pull I was able to get some very tight 5 shot groups(all through one hole). The gen 5's lack of finger grooves and the beavertail backstraps make the Gen 19 about perfect for me, just with they would use a ambidextrous magazine release to go with the slide releases like on Springfield XD series.

My vote is get a 19 unless you are forced to wear clothing for a job that might restrict what you can carry.
I love my 19 and without the finger grooves it fits me hands better, it is a never get rid of gun for me.
Just wish Glock would make Glock 26 frame with Glock 19 sized slide or a Glock 19 sized frame and 17 slide.

I'd say G43, because you already have a G19. If I was going to pick up a G17, it would only be to convert it into a "G18" later (all legality considered).
The G43 fit in my hand very well, especially with the extended grip.
Never shot one, but it is high on my list of pistols I will buy next.

This was quite a dead thread from 2016. The conversation is still great and it is always fun to argue about favorite Glocks. But the OP has for sure made their choice long ago.

I must admit some heresy I have committed since my post in 2016. I no longer own a Glock 19.:eek: I sold it when I got a Glock 32. I LOOOOOOVE it! :s0116: The 357Sig hits the target before I finish pulling the trigger...

First time I shot the G43 (my friend's), I don't care for it. It was all factory and nothing added.

Months later I bought my own. I did the 25 cent polish job, installed a talon rubber stick on grip, and I installed XS big dot 24/7 sights. Went and bubblegum it and it actually felt good and shot nice. That rubber talon grip is the shiznet.

I like the G17, had one and I enjoyed it but if you don't duty carry, IMO meh. I have a 19 and a 23 and sometimes I don't want to carry the weight so the 43 is perfect. Oh and I had a G26 but I sold it because I bought the G43.

I want my next Glock to be a 17L, heck I'd probably SBR it.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top