JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So I like Glocks. If you don't, its okay but flame someone else. I'm going to be in the market next month to add to the collection. I already have a G19 and a G42. So...Do I go with the G17 or the G43. I like both of my current setups. I carry the G42 IWB and the G19 OWB in the winter. I of course like shooting the G19 better. Any input would be appreciated!!

Ha! I have looked at the G34 as well. My neighbor has one and I dig the sight radius!

I shot it again today and after adjusting my grip and paying closer attention to the trigger pull its went from shooting low left to x-ring :D

I have purchased 7 g17 pistols over the years. Currently have 2.

shot the 43. It's kind of meh. If you want a BUG though it would be the ticket.

Did I mention I love the g17?

Also although this isn't one of the choices I got a g20 recently and I absolutely love it. It did not break my wrists or jump out of my tiny hands on its own. Very manageable and shoots lights out.

Last Edited:
Although I love the 10mm, I'm trying to narrow down my ammo calibers. If money grew on my trees, I'd have the G20 in 2 seconds.

By my logic, if you already have a G19 you're already covered with an excellent main sidearm, go for the G43 as a BUG. I am NOT a fan of the 380 round, and the G42 and G43 are essentially the same size, but 9mm is WAY better and more plentiful.

I EDC between a G30 and a G19.4 and a G43 w/+1 grip extension for a BUG (and sometimes I just pocket-carry it while in shorts, T-shirt, and flip-flops like I did this morning while trimming my 100' long front hedgerow that parallels the public sidewalk)

Here's my pocket carry kit... works awesome for my needs.
image.jpg

Gawd I have own many blocks...I mean clocks:confused: and had to look the 43 up,lol
I would buy the small double stack instead of the 43 because the mags are universal for all the rest of the double stacks.(26?). Just makes more sence to me.
The 43 is just too small for me though
Then get the 20 to have some fun with!

I love the G20 I just bought. I have a G17 and G34. If I had to pick on I'd go the 34 all day long.
I do want to get a G19 to round out the 9mm collection though. I would rather had a 19 than a 17.

(I also have a G26)

I'm a Glock fanboy here (27 converted to 9, 19, 17, 22). Years ago when I first saw a 26 and held it I scoffed and had no idea why it even existed. But today, I think it may be the perfect Glock. Actually I really believe in my converted 27, but the 26 is close. You can put a 17 mag (with an X-Grip) in a 19, but the 19 can never be as small as a 26.

And the 43 is the same footprint as the 26, just a bit thinner.

I didn't think much of the 43 at first but after about 500 rounds of 124gr. down range I can't see myself letting go of it anytime soon. Both are good choices but if you do decide on a 43 I highly recommend checking out the Talo exclusive w/ hackathorn sights, absolutely wonderful when practicing draw and fire.

I started out with a 17 in '85, and it continues to me one of my favorite 9mm Glock pistols.
Small frame pistols don't fit my hands well, so I stick with full capacity 17s, 20s, and 21s.

I'm the other hand, if you have any plans at all to compete, the 17 is really competitive!

I shoot my 17 (with a DeltaPoint) in USPSA carry optics.

See, that's my dilemma. I shoot a LOT of steel plate. Nothing competitive but I think I might be able to break into it and I know the 17 seems to be a common choice for 3 gun and pistol matches. Last time out I shot with a seasoned professional competitor and he told me I should give it a try. I was running my G19 at the time and he had the 17.

See, that's my dilemma. I shoot a LOT of steel plate. Nothing competitive but I think I might be able to break into it and I know the 17 seems to be a common choice for 3 gun and pistol matches. Last time out I shot with a seasoned professional competitor and he told me I should give it a try. I was running my G19 at the time and he had the 17.
Well, then, join the GSSF and get a $100 off coupon every year. In a few years you can have every Glock model you want.

I have on my list a 43 (maybe a 42?) and a 34.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top