JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've been trying out a bunch of different pocket 9's lately and had a chance to shoot the 43 the other week- I really, really wanted to like it but it just didn't click with me. I couldn't figure out how to get a good grip (I have slightly larger than medium sized hands) and wasn't able to be very accurate with it because of that. Too bad- it's a neat little gun, I think. I've been spoiled by Walther ergonomics though, so I guess it makes sense that the glock wouldn't feel right to me.
Unless you have tiny, lady hands I wouldn't recommend the 43.

Why_not_both.jpg

I have a G17 and a G43. To me the G17 and 19 are just too close, when it comes to size and intended use (again, for me). If I were in your shoes I'd go with the G34 MOS. Second choice would be the G43, but I don't like the .380.

If you're not stuck on the 9mm, then it'd be a G40 MOS

Thanks for all the input guys! I've decided. My next piece will be a G17 and a set of good competition sights.

I really like the 43, and I'm not a Glock fan. I felt it shot quite well, returned to target nicely, less "snap" than other Glocks I have shot, and the size is excellent. Super easy carry and still fit my hand well enough.

I'd upgrade my carry to a G43 or G26 depending on how you carry. Not a fan of .380 for carry. If that's not an issue then G17 or better yet G34. Nothing wrong with competing with your G19 for awhile to see if you want to get into it more. Oh heck .. I guess I'm saying you need one of each :)

Tough call. I like Glocks too. I'm on my 3rd G-17 (Gen-4 after a Gen-3 after a Gen-2). The Gen-4 grip fits my hand best of all of 'em.

Am considering adding the G-43, but since it can't share mags the way the G-17/G-19 do, am also considering the M&P Shield for $100 less.

Between the G-17 and G-43, I gotta say both, though not necessarily on the same day.

Will you keep or trade the G-19 when you get a G-17?

So I like Glocks. If you don't, its okay but flame someone else. I'm going to be in the market next month to add to the collection. I already have a G19 and a G42. So...Do I go with the G17 or the G43. I like both of my current setups. I carry the G42 IWB and the G19 OWB in the winter. I of course like shooting the G19 better. Any input would be appreciated!!

The G17 is the original and thus only true Glock. All the rest are poor relations.

If you don't own a Model 17, then you are guilty of committing Glock heresy.

Gaston Glock himself will be offended by your lack of faith.

Gaston himself is a living God. How many other men in their mid 80's do you know that have a beautiful young wife??

glock_wife-tfb.jpg

If you have a G19 already, i would look towards another model. Unless ur set on 9mm. I have a G19 Gen3 & G23 Gen4. G19 is the Cats Meow!!! The G23 is by far my next favorite, bcuz its basically 3 guns in 1. 9mm, .40 S&W, .357 Sig. Each conversion barrel only running around $105-$150
The G17 is just a little too long of a 9mm for my taste and if i were to get a Sub-Compact id prolly go with a Shield.

My father in law gave me the G23 Gen4 as my first handgun and it is definitely my favorite to this day.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top