JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am not exactly new, I have been a member for years (since 2013) and have had quite a few PM's with guys and come in occasionally when I read an article that catches my interest in the newsletter. However, I just realized today that I never posted an intro.

My screen name ReconGeek comes from some of the other forums I belong to as well as my youtube channel. For the first part, I was a U.S. Army Cavalry Scout (19D) and performed war time reconnaissance missions while deployed, unlike the other troops/companies in our BTLN who saluted and sounded off with their company/troop mascot/slogan when passing officers and so forth, we were the only ones allowed to sound off with "Recon". The second part (Geek) is 2 fold, one I really loved my time in the Army and being a Scout, so got a bit of geekiness there, but the true reason is that when I got out of the Army and went to college, it was for computer programming, and became a Software Engineer (i.e. super geek, lol).

I'm a west coast transplant, grew up on the east coast, and have had a few different jobs ranging from Military, Law Enforcement, to now a Software Engineering manager. I am a father of 2, gun lover/supporter, and damn good shot if I say so myself, lol.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews