JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's the best shooting gun I've ever owned. The the only knock I have is the mag. release, it's not easy for me to operate. The prices I've seen run from $650.00 to $750.00 for good used pistols. Good Luck on your search. I love mine. BTW I have the double action single action variant.

It's a hot night. My mind races. A 17 hour flight to La Paz is etched in red traces on my eyeballs. I had packed my HK USP .40S&W with its captured recoil buffer system and Peters Stahlish lock up. I had two of its priceless magazines in a futuristic custom Bladetech retention system. Sweat trickles down the small of my back, saturating my black lock-knit HK polo shirt and it threatens to soak my Royal Robbins Khaki travel pants. Good thing I am tactically correct and carrying strong-side. My feet are resilient in my Himalayan walking shoes. I thumb the decocker--or is it the safety? I can never tell and in the thin air I vow once again to never admit to anyone it might bother me.

Against a haze of air starved bugs and the cacaphony of a strange tongue clawing its way into the oxygenless atmosphere, I feel the Hostile Environment finish on the slide of the USP where I have it hidden from prying eyes. I try to reassure myself about my beyond top secret assignment. I feel the stippled black polymer of the frame--never call it plastic--and it feels like money--or at least like a credit card chewed upon by a teething kitten.

Nevertheless I feel better now. If I ever have to shoot from the bottom of an outhouse, the inside of a fish processing ship, Amy Winehouse's boudoir--any repellant place at all--I have been reassured by the Company and literally thousands of internet street pros that I carry the final say in handguns. Tension is in the air, maybe I will torture my pistol before the dawn breaks. Maybe I will be tortured myself. . . .

Thirty hours later, lost near the Rio Camblaya following the coup attempt, a welcoming smile. Thank God she spotted the epaulettes on the Norwegian ice-fishing vest concealing my USP. I climb aboard the helo on my way to my next exotic assignment, my HK having proven itself in "combat" once again without ever firing a shot in anger. . . .

The World of Compromise Uncompromisingly cries out to my inner poseur. . . beckoning to me to tell the world of the superiority of my sidearm. And of myself.

I dumped my USP 45c years ago for a blued Colt Combat Commander and never looked back. Whatever the seller wants for the USP you can be assured of one thing--it's too much for what you stand to get.

Worst. DA. Trigger. Ever.

In 1993, I bought the full size USP in 40 S&W, about when they first came out. A couple of years ago my wife took a liking to it, and confiscated one of my favorite guns. It's quite an industrial style modern pistol, but really has all the features anyone could possibly desire, combined with exceptional reliability. Last year I traded a Sig 220 for a USP 45 and was astonished by it's accuracy, it groups tighter than the 40. At 25 yards I can put them ALL in the black. I've never owned a high capacity, factory stock pistol other than my early sixties hi-power that could do that. I shoot NRA bullseye events and have over a half dozen model 1911's that I really love, including a blue commander that I carry 90% of the time. The other 10% I carry a sub compact M&P in 40 cal. Although I'm joined at the hip with my 1911, the HK USP 45 never leaves my bedstand, except to go to the range. It eats anything I throw in the magazine, including lite target loads. I never have had a FTF or FTE with the USP. My self defense ammo is Federal Hydra-Shok, the HK 45 groups these bullets as good as the target loads. Although I would never carry it in a concealed manner, as it's just too big, I really like it for the house. 50% more magazine capacity is a good thing, a real good thing. You should be able to pick up a good used USP for around $600, extra magazines are a plus as they're pretty spendy.

I have a USP 45 Tactical that I enjoy.

It's pretty comfy with a decent SA trigger (have to agree about the DA trigger). But, all I did was put in a 5+6 plate to lose the decocker, and shoot it SA only.

It's very accurate, very reliable, and very mild recoil. They are also very well made.

That said, they can be expensive (figure a used USP is still $100 more expensive than an XD). Accessories are minimal. Mags can be pricey.

That said, I'm still keeping mine. Everytime I think about selling mine, I go shoot it and remind myself.

I have a USP 45 Tactical that I enjoy.

It's pretty comfy with a decent SA trigger (have to agree about the DA trigger). But, all I did was put in a 5+6 plate to lose the decocker, and shoot it SA only.

It's very accurate, very reliable, and very mild recoil. They are also very well made.

That said, they can be expensive (figure a used USP is still $100 more expensive than an XD). Accessories are minimal. Mags can be pricey.

That said, I'm still keeping mine. Everytime I think about selling mine, I go shoot it and remind myself.

I also have a USP Tactical and it rocks. By far the most favored handgun I've owned so far.

Raw is right on the app. value on a used usp. I've owned 3 usp's over the years and all of them were the most accurate, reliable pistols I've owned. They are not the cheapest polymer pistols on the market but you get what you pay for. They are worth every penny you pay for them.:s0155::D

I would figure it would be worth around $600-$700, depending on condition and accessories. Two mags, no night sights, figure $600. Three mags with night sights, figure $700.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews