JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I recently purchased a Nikon pro-staff 4x32 scope for use with my Ruger 10/22. Without any thought I'd hoped/assumed the included Nikon rings would work with the weaver style rail mount that originally came with my 10/22.

It appears that the Nikon rings are "not" the same system as the rail Ruger included with the rifle.

My end goal is to use this setup from 50-100 yards and I plan to site accordingly.

Should I get a different set of rings, a different base, both?

I'm new to the hobby, and don't want to drop tons of $$$ on match grade, fancy stuff yet - but I do want something reliable that will work on a regularly basis.

Please advise.
Thanks.

Sounds easy enough.

Is it correct that I should get the lowest profile rings available? (avoid see-thru rings).
This is a 4x32, so there's not any risk of the eyepiece bumping the receiver or stock.

Thanks.

Are the rings too wide or too narrow for the Ruger base?

Standard or low rings should be fine with a 10/22 and your scope. Ring height is based on objective lens diameter, 32mm, just need to clear the barrel, and the eyepiece will take care of itself...

My catalogs show the Nikon 4x32 Rimfire comes with rings for groved receivers, the narrow .22 tip-off bases. Ruger 10/22s used to ship with a narrow base for .22 tip off, but now ship with a combination base that will fit the wider Weaver-style or the narrower .22 tip-offs.:)

Rings were too narrow. I could not get the rings to securely grab on to the top, narrow rail. The shape of the edge was different and there was only a minimal amount of surface contact. Looking under the rings when mounted, I could see a large gap of air.

I found some inexpensive ($8) ow profile weaver rings on amazon. I've got free 2-day shipping, so will try those.

Thanks

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads