JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Haha my HK .40sw compact is my carry , .45 will be in a 1911 flavor if I can ever figure out which one so that left me desiring something in 9mm for target shooting. This will do nicely I think. I saw a lot of people hoping for a compact .45

I have read that the street price on this will be in the $1200+ range. I would like one but for that price I could have a couple glocks and still have money to burn.

STI makes a 1911 <broken link removed> but it is a full size long slide 1911. You can click the link. 14+1 for capacity.

Actually, I was hoping for an XDM in 10mm. I've got a couple of DEs and a Kimber in 10mm to cover the 1911 form factor area, as well as an assortment of other 10s, but I think I'd like to try one in an XD form factor.

elsie

I agree it would seem a good form factor for it, but I wonder if the design would accommodate a longer cartridge like the 10MM

I have read that the street price on this will be in the $1200+ range. I would like one but for that price I could have a couple glocks and still have money to burn.

Further reading and poking around seems to point to a MSRP between $700 and 800. Springfield still has not yet released pricing info as of yet. Hopefully the street price on these will be closer to $650

Further reading and poking around seems to point to a MSRP between $700 and 800. Springfield still has not yet released pricing info as of yet. Hopefully the street price on these will be closer to $650

My local dealer has them in blue for $694.13. With a Stainless Steel slide for $748.53. His prices are lower than most. For me, for this gun, that seems high. He sells Glock 34's for $572.29. That's a full $121.84 more for the blued Springfield. Springfield is creeping well into H&K pricing territory with this weapon. For me that is simply too much. You must keep in mind when Springfield bought the rights to the HS-2000, which is the original Springfield XD, it sold everywhere for $250.00, and no one wanted it. It just shows you what good advertising, along with a $5 molded plastic holster will do for sales. Bill T.

I'm anxious to see how people compare this new model to the M&P Pro. The Hickock45 video mentioned above sure made it look like a sweet shooter. I'm all for more great guns coming out. Hopefully it'll push the prices down with some rebates or extra goodies when you buy.

Went to Impact Guns in Boise and put 50 rounds through the gun. I have to say I loved it very accurate at 25 yards and no recoil to speak of. I mostly carry a Walther PPS in 40 and also switch off with a Glock 23. Would love to shoot the 4.5 40. Might have to sell the 23!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top