New Vaquero...removing the internal lock

Reactions
Of coarse you could,but I believe it makes it unsafe to carry six rounds as if you drop the gun on the hammer,it could go off.
That's what the safety was put on for I believe.
I always carried my 3 screw with six anyway.

OP
RallySoob
Reactions
no the safe lock is an internal lock that allows you to lock the rear hammer. It has nothing to do with the way the action normally functions. Its an added safety feature thats somehwat new... You are thinking about that safety bar which is a compenant of the action and is required to operate. The part I am talking about is not required to operate... look it up

"Ruger Internal lock"

Reactions
It can be removed.However you will have to buy some new parts trigger guard frame,strut and spring and a strut guide.

Go to the Ruger forum they have info on doing this..

I may do it my self.Because for some reason it annoys me.

OP
RallySoob
Reactions
bummer, I was hoping it can be tossed w/o need of replacement parts. may as well keep it in there if it will require replacement parts...being that I only considered it to cut weight

Reactions
Heck yeah its legal.

I bought one of the 44 specials they did a run on recently, and replaced the grip frame, plunger, mainspring, and hammer return spring (I was able to reuse the original hammer). For an extra $250 I have a 44 special bisley.

On a side note - You can probably sell the new model grip with the lock to someone who doesn't care one way or the other and wants a smaller grip frame.

Nate

OP
RallySoob
Reactions
ya that place sucks... I got a stalker from xdtalk that won't leave me alone lol what can you do. so many critical arm chair commando wanna be's on gun forums lately who think their post count has something to do with their abilities it cracks me up

UPCOMING EVENTS

Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun Pistol
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun Rifle
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• HighLine Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    Upstanding Vendor!
    Have worked with this business twice and both times were outstanding! Will definitely keep going to him when I'm up in that area! Shoot, will...
  • Oregon Arms & Ammunition
    5.00 star(s)
    Hellcat OSP
    I almost put "Limited "Covid induced" inventory" as a Con, but thought that wouldn't really be fair to them! The aftermath of Covid has depleted...
  • Vancouver Weapon Werx
    5.00 star(s)
    I have done a lot of deals here
    Gary's easy to work with when in town.
  • Vancouver Weapon Werx
    5.00 star(s)
    Excellent Business!
    I have been going to Vancouver Weapon Werx for years and know both owners quite well. The only downfall is I go there to purchase or have a gun...
  • SafeFire Indoor Shooting Range & Retail
    5.00 star(s)
    A great, safe place to go shooting
    Love this place!! Great staff, the range masters are friendly, helpful and alert. This is a safe place to shoot. The store is kind of low on stock...
    • GWS
Top Bottom