JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Of coarse you could,but I believe it makes it unsafe to carry six rounds as if you drop the gun on the hammer,it could go off.
That's what the safety was put on for I believe.
I always carried my 3 screw with six anyway.

no the safe lock is an internal lock that allows you to lock the rear hammer. It has nothing to do with the way the action normally functions. Its an added safety feature thats somehwat new... You are thinking about that safety bar which is a compenant of the action and is required to operate. The part I am talking about is not required to operate... look it up

"Ruger Internal lock"

It can be removed.However you will have to buy some new parts trigger guard frame,strut and spring and a strut guide.

Go to the Ruger forum they have info on doing this..

I may do it my self.Because for some reason it annoys me.

bummer, I was hoping it can be tossed w/o need of replacement parts. may as well keep it in there if it will require replacement parts...being that I only considered it to cut weight

Heck yeah its legal.

I bought one of the 44 specials they did a run on recently, and replaced the grip frame, plunger, mainspring, and hammer return spring (I was able to reuse the original hammer). For an extra $250 I have a 44 special bisley.

On a side note - You can probably sell the new model grip with the lock to someone who doesn't care one way or the other and wants a smaller grip frame.

Nate

ya that place sucks... I got a stalker from xdtalk that won't leave me alone lol what can you do. so many critical arm chair commando wanna be's on gun forums lately who think their post count has something to do with their abilities it cracks me up

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top