Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

New Toy... S&W 686-6 .357

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by AndyH, Feb 20, 2010.

1. AndyH

AndyH Keizer, Oregon Well-Known Member

Just picked this up this evening in trade for a P220 I had, I have always wanted one of these. It's not a pre lock but it is in mint condition and I think it was a good deal for both parties involved.

Taking it to the range tonmorrow, Hopefully Bi-mart or Sportsmans in Salem has some .357 or at least some .38+p.

IMG_0618.jpg

2. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin Pacific Northwest Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

...the locks do not bother me all that much. I have a pro-Series with a lock and I do not mind it at all. I would take a Smith with an actual engraved logo (instead of the laser etched one) with a lock over one without a lock and laser etching.

The m686 is a top notch revolver and I think you will love it. :)

3. Bruce

Bruce Jefferson County, Wa Member

Good trade, revolvers are very relaxing on the range and still good defense guns.

Bruce.

4. Sun195

Sun195 Pugetropolis, WA Well-Known Member

I have one just like that - never been a problem with the lock & a joy to shoot.

5. PhysicsGuy

PhysicsGuy Corvallis, OR Resident Science Nut

Great acquisition Andy!

6. Saint

Saint Pacific North West New Member

I own two, and I take one to the range almost every time I go. I've customized them both,I've "bobed" the hammers so they don't catch if I have to draw quickly(I have a tailored double shoulder rig just for them alone);and I replaced the standerd grips with "one of a kind" grips that were made especialy to fit my hands. In my opinion the S&W 686 is as close to perfect as you can get when it comes to owning a .357. Best wishes friend,I hope you enjoy your new "handcannon" as much I do.

7. AndyH

I will know soon enough, I am of the the range this morning.

8. m469699

m469699 Beaverton Member

Saint, what made you decide on a double shoulder rig for your wheelguns? I have one too for a 640/442 combo.

9. AndyH

Range session went great, the trigger is excellet gun points and balances well. I was only able to locate some .38+p next time I will be sure to have some .357.

10. MuddyWatters

MuddyWatters West Seattle Member

Congrats, great gun. I love mine.