JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey this is Richard here, I have been very fascinated by guns for a very long time but just never have been serious about it. I want to take this as a hobby as I like to collect things and its nice to have a gun for self defense in these crazy times. I am still very green when it comes to guns and sorry for being the total noob but hope that this community can tolerate with me haha. I hope to meet new people and importantly learn new things about firearms and safety.

Thanks, I just went to my first gun show yesterday at the expo center and had a great time. The community seems very nice and open with first timers like myself. I am looking forward to meeting new folks and still learning about the differences between different calibers and such.

Careful; many people new to the sport/hobby don't realize firearms are capable of breeding. My wife was SHOCKED one day when she saw the reproduction that had taken place in the safe. To be honest, I kind of was too :s0114:

Careful; many people new to the sport/hobby don't realize firearms are capable of breeding. My wife was SHOCKED one day when she saw the reproduction that had taken place in the safe. To be honest, I kind of was too :s0114:

Haha yeah I know what you mean by that, honestly when it comes to collecting which is a hobby of mine. This kind of thing seems very addicting, especially with the nice variety of firearms available. I had a difficult time convincing the lady at home but as of late, she has been very interested in firearms.

The nice thing is if you do not overpay it is not likely you will lose much if any money even short-term if you decide to sell in order to try something different. Long-term you will just about always come out ahead since the value will go up if you take care of it. Also, working out trades with other members here is great way to try different firearms without having to buy new ones every time you want to try something different. If the trade value you put on something is fair, and you are not in a hurry, you can usually find someone you can work out a win/win trade with.

The nice thing is if you do not overpay it is not likely you will lose much if any money even short-term if you decide to sell in order to try something different. Long-term you will just about always come out ahead since the value will go up if you take care of it. Also, working out trades with other members here is great way to try different firearms without having to buy new ones every time you want to try something different. If the trade value you put on something is fair, and you are not in a hurry, you can usually find someone you can work out a win/win trade with.

Thanks, ill keep that in mind. I noticed that some of the used firearms that the vendors had were close enough to the same price of a new one. I believe that it is best to either trade with a member here instead of sending money down the drain. It kinda sucks some times, you think that you may like the firearm but once your fire it, you might have a different impression. But anyways, thanks again for the helpful advice. I use to buy, sell and trade cars and seriously lost a lot of money doing that. Just hope that firearms dont depreciate too crazy

Welcome. shooting can be loads of fun. A good first handgun would be a full size semi auto 22. Like the Ruger 5 inch bull barrel . It is cheap and fun to shoot and most important it will teach you to shoot with out flinching. And then move to a larger caliber self defense pistol. So many good choices out there it is overwhelming. good luck

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top