JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Been meaning to sign up for a while but never got around to it until now. I live in the northwest corner of OR and I fled WA to escape the insane gun control while still being close enough to my job (at the time). Now they're pulling the same nonsense here, and now it's more important than ever to stick together.

Since the 80% ban up there, I left a month after it took effect so I could continue my endeavour to becoming a master home gunsmith. Being in this state still makes it easier but I couldn't go to a state like Idaho and so on (besides, Idaho is the #1 state the Commiefornians are moving to, followed by Texas) at the time so here I am, still.

I'm not really a long winded speaker, so I guess that's all I have to say for now. Thanks for reading!

-Panteri

Not going to school. Can't afford it, lost my job in the wave of layoffs since the last holiday season and haven't recovered since the apparent recession began. Got screwed 3 times job-wise within the last month and now it's a desperate fight to get out of debt and pay rent in 10 days or face the boot. So all of that is on hold.

Not sure how fast I could sell some guns to get this under control but I don't want my first thread to be a sob-story. I just believe in being honest.

-Panteri

Glad to have you aboard, sorry to hear you're in a tough spot.

You can move firearms pretty quickly using the classifieds here, though you may not get the price you're hoping for. Sales volume and prices seem have dropped considerably since the covid peak, so I've seen a lot items sit unsold because sellers are still trying to get 2021 prices for their items (I've been guilty of this too).

But if you give detailed descriptions, good photos, and are willing to price them competitively, they'll move. As the seller, you're also free to put whatever constraints you want on the deal - let buyers know that the great deal you're offering is contingent on a timely transaction. I've had universally positive experiences here, we've all been in a tight spot before, and most should be understanding. Explaining your time constraints in the ad also helps alleviate the "this is too good to be true" skepticism many rightfully feel when they encounter an item that seems priced below market value.

Anyway, best of luck to you. I look forward to having another gunsmith option around at some point. True gunsmithing seems to be becoming a lost art.

Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum.

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

Check out the organized clean ups. It's the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly.

We are doing non ODF supported cleanups at public forests - check the North Fork Wolf Creek Road thread in resources.

If you really want to get involved in community action check out Trash No Land.

1693110116956.png

Aloha, Mark

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews